Video: Aussie pensioner sets fire to his house in Surat after row with his Thai girlfriend

webfact

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Stop your mouth OK? ( Thailish) This is Thailand we don't care if she stole 500.000 Baht from you. The guy is depressed and he needs help. Losing all your savings when you are already old is very difficult. Foreigners need to be careful . Many Thai women are just after Farangs money not because they are handsome.Wake up guys......I feel sorry for this old man....

Be careful is right and common sense also. Where did I meet her at? In a bar? Not a great start for a good relationship, there are plenty of good ones if you look in the proper places and use good sense.

33 minutes ago, OmegaRacer said:

500k are hardly life savings, when you either need 800k for a "retirement visa" or 400k for a "marriage visa".

To be the devil's advocate, if someone threatens to kill my son, taking his money would be the least I would do to him.

Aussie victim?..maybe, maybe not

And how exactly would the 800k/400k be a benchmark for just anything?
Made up figures, not at all based in reality - that's what it ever was and still is.

46 minutes ago, OmegaRacer said:

500k are hardly life savings, when you either need 800k for a "retirement visa" or 400k for a "marriage visa".

To be the devil's advocate, if someone threatens to kill my son, taking his money would be the least I would do to him.

Aussie victim?..maybe, maybe not

But threats can be a matter of misinterpretation that might lead a sane person to ramp it up a notch

Would be interesting to know the complete story.

Many times little bits and piece create a simple reason, girlfriend with two adultish sons, moves in..?  They sit about doing nothing all day, asking for money, in some cases demanding it, the girlfriend says something like.. but I must for they are my blood.. the Dude consents for a bit, and then snaps...

better off spending his money on short term wives.. no hassles

Just another day on planet earth!

The only difference here no bombs, nor drone rockets were dropped and no one got hurt.

Where there is life, there is conflict; especially with other person's angry, ignored, children.

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

The "root" of the problem was that she apparently got ahold of his ATM card and emptied almost 500,000 baht from his account.

(And yes, it's not that hard for someone to do as I found out after my dad's girlfriend had been draining his account of 20,000 a day until he died and then, even though I had his bank book, ATM card and passport, was able to get a new bank book and continue draining his account for 2 weeks days after he died and even scooped a small interest payment that came in 6 weeks later ! I was out of the country working and didn't find out until I got back and by then she was long gone of course. When I asked at the bank how it was possible for her to do this all I got was a shrug and "not my problem" kind of look.)

Sorry for your loss but unless it was in joint names there no way on this earth would any bank allow her to withdraw using a bank book. Even If he had a will that would take ages before the bank would release money to her.

Let's say you are right why didn't she then not take the lot in one hit? nothing stopping her from doing that.

I would reckon she had a ATM card and a pin number your late Farther gave her because he wanted her to be ok should anything happen to him. Hence the 20k per day

I would suggest most guys that have lived with their wives or girlfriends and possibly kids for a long time have similar arrangements because to them they are the number one person in their lives.

Same Edward Woodward?

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2015/05/21/1432200219/

SURAT THANI — Police say a 64-year-old Australian man was injured in an assassination attempt in Surat Thani province today.

The victim, who has been identified as Edward Woodward, was driving in Surat Thani's city center when he was shot at by an unknown number of gunmen on a motorcycle, according to police. The motorcycle then sped away from the scene. 

Police say Woodward was shot in both arms and is receiving medical attention. 

According to police, the shooting took place shortly after Woodward left his residence in Mueang district.

The incident is under investigation. 

1 minute ago, NextStationBangkok said:

He is victim, have you heard what he said in video. She and her boyfriend stolen 490,000 baht cash from him. Sad!

Poor Aussie. I don't want to be rude, but the reality is he could have f%$ked 490 girls for that money.

By the look of him he'd be lucky to handle one :smile:

Can only hope he has someone to help him. If that was his only source of income what on earth does he do now?

1 hour ago, Brer Fox said:

Not a good look on the face of it. Perhaps he should try and relax and look at things a different way. Perhaps he should treat any theft as an extra "service" charge. If she did take 450,000 baht that is about US$13,000. Over 5 years that is $2,600/year or $216/month or $7/night = 3 beers. That's pretty cheap for a washing machine, cook, dishwasher, housekeeper and provider of "other" services. 

He should remember where he is and take more care of his ATM card or at least his PIN number.

This incident demonstrates how it is a good idea to have 2 THB accounts and keep most of the money in the account without an ATM card.

He is not the victim.  He would have been if he hadn't set fire and damaged someone else property.  The victim here is the person who owns the house he was renting (What did they do?).  One thoughtless act could well see him charged and jailed for arson.  If it was one of my properties he would definitely be paying for damage  one way or another.  Not hard to find out who stole his money.  To steal that much here you either need to be going to the ATM on a regular basis or go into a branch.  Cameras at ATM machines, cameras in the bank, ID needed to take money out of the bank if in a branch etc etc.  There will be a money trail.  

Obviously a retired brain surgeon who is proud of being a walking art gallery. 'Never judge a book by its cover', but how can you do otherwise when you see someone like this? Even when sober, would you get into a casual chat with him? He makes Sir Les Patterson look refined.

13 minutes ago, geovalin said:

Same Edward Woodward?

SURAT THANI — Police say a 64-year-old Australian man was injured in an assassination attempt in Surat Thani province today.

The victim, who has been identified as Edward Woodward, was driving in Surat Thani's city center when he was shot at by an unknown number of gunmen on a motorcycle, according to police. The motorcycle then sped away from the scene. 

According to police, the shooting took place shortly after Woodward left his residence in Mueang district.

If this is in-fact the same guy, it sounds like this situation is getting real.  For the TVF sluths, who do you think would have done this, the property owner in revenge? The family or friends of the girlfriend to shut him up?  

2 hours ago, ezrider62 said:

So true, I often try to acknowledge other faranges around areas that are sparsely populated with my kind and they just ignore me like I don't exist. I can't figure it out, we could help each other with issues or just a quick chat nothing big. 

A fellow in Pac Chong told me he had no friends but could have lots if he drank beer.

30 minutes ago, geovalin said:

Same Edward Woodward?

I knew his name had come up on the forum previously. The old Equalizer jokes and Aussie bashing was very familiar. I was trying to find the link when I saw this post.

Archived