Grandmother dead, granddaughter shot after carbine shooting rampage in southern Thailand

webfact

Grandmother dead, granddaughter shot after carbine shooting rampage in southern Thailand

4p.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

PHATTALUNG: -- One elderly woman is dead and another seriously injured after a man entered a house with a carbine gun and started shooting Thursday night.

Police suspect the shooter is a man who tried to chat up another person in the house without success. That woman fled in terror out of a window, reports Thai News Agency.

Police were called to the house in Muang district of Phattalung last night. There they found the house owner 73 year old Jat Chudam dead by her bed with three carbine bullets to the stomach and two to the chest.

Nearby was her granddaughter Parawan Chudam who had been shot in the leg, hip and stomach. There were spent cartridges scattered all about the house.

Police said that the shooter smashed his way into the house with the carbine and in the confusion started shooting. The granddaughter had come to her grandmother's aid.

Hearing the shooting Nit Noorat - a widow - managed to clamber out of a bedroom window and flee into the night.

Police said that they suspect the shooter had tried to chat up the woman called Nit who is the mother of the injured girl and daughter of the house owner. But Nit was not interested in the man's advances.

They said they believe they know who he is and are on the case.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-27

15 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I had to Google carbine gun.

Silly really, I'm sure there will be literally hundreds of 'ballistics lessons' posts in no time, which would have saved me the effort. 

eerrrr nope - seems nobody cares enough...

Another Day another Thai man who cannot accept the word "No"

22 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I had to Google carbine gun.

Silly really, I'm sure there will be literally hundreds of 'ballistics lessons' posts in no time, which would have saved me the effort. 

Nah he wasn't a Muslim, the rabid gun-slinging contingent of TV only pay attention to our neck of the woods if the Islamic bogeyman is involved.

RIP Granny.

Archived