Planning A Few Days In Krabi Next Week...

ashacat

Hi guys,

I have been living in Thailand for quite a few years now, but I still have not made a trip to Krabi!!! So I am planning to go down for a few days next week with my GF.

I have very little idea what Krabi has to offer (apart from beautiful beaches, of course :D )

I am thinking of taking an AirAsia flight (despite the inevitable delay) as they seem to be the cheapest and offer the greatest choice of flight times.

I am looking for mid-range accomadation (hopefully around 1,500-2,000 Baht/night) preferably with a swimming pool. However I'm not too sure where to stay. I will probably hire a motorbike, so I don't need to pay a premium to be in the most expensive area or whatever. We will most likely be chilling out and not partying too hard (so a quiet place would be nice, jungle or beach) however a couple of quiet picturesque bars in the vicinity wouldn't be a bad thing :o ...

Cos I will get a bike I will try to spend time both on the beach and in the junlgy area, any recommendations as to where the best beaches/jungle walks/waterfalls etc are? I have heard read on the forum that Railee beach is very nice, but I assume that it is also pretty expensive to stay, are there any other comparible beaches?

Anything else which I should be aware of? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

:D