Phuket dive instructor crackdown may have ‘terminal effect’, warns industry representative

rooster59

17 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Did you read post #28?

sent using Tapatalk

post 28 was my post, I'm not saying that the rules along with immigration rules, Tm30, Tm28 are all outdated, but why should diving instructors, who are a bit like digital nomads, be treated differently to all other workers. The rules are the rules, they knew the rules when they signed up for the gig, so why bleat about it now when they are breaking the rules and getting caught, a bit like a guy 'working' in his own bar, a bit like no crash helmet, overstaying visa's, doing repeated border runs for visa exempt, etc etc.

Change the rules for all, not focus on one small industry

post 28 was my post, I'm not saying that the rules along with immigration rules, Tm30, Tm28 are all outdated, but why should diving instructors, who are a bit like digital nomads, be treated differently to all other workers. The rules are the rules, they knew the rules when they signed up for the gig, so why bleat about it now when they are breaking the rules and getting caught, a bit like a guy 'working' in his own bar, a bit like no crash helmet, overstaying visa's, doing repeated border runs for visa exempt, etc etc.

Change the rules for all, not focus on one small industry

Sorry, meant 23.
Yes, to a certain extent I agree with you.

sent using Tapatalk

Archived