Are Smartphones Killing Buddhism?

Inspire

21 hours ago, freebyrd said:

How right he was. Smartphones are killing the art of real communication everywhere, not just in Thailand. The Thais no longer enjoy 'sanuk' the way they once did.

EINSTEIN - IDIOTS.png

It's a fake quote, Einstein never said this.

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/7-famous-quotes-about-the-future-that-are-actually-fake-1631236877

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

There is so much information on the net now, who can say with authority what is fake and what isn't?

Whatever, it fits quite well and hits the mark for me as we already have the generation of technology drenched idiots. I manage 20 young Asians, nice enough people but who have little or no ability to really interact. It has been a dying art since the introduction of the smartphone.

6 years ago, 2 staff accompanied me to a client meeting. After introductions I excused myself for 10 minutes. When I returned the 2 staff were fiddling with their phones. While they went about their work, 10 more minutes, I spoke to the client. On the way back to the office, I asked them what they had spoken to the client about, 'nothing' came the bemused reply. When I told them that he was German, having emigrated from Turkey, had been in country 10 years and as well as owning the restaurant he published a magazine, was married to a local girl who was 7 months pregnant, whose name was ..... and they were having a boy they would name..... they looked like 2 kids who had just witnessed a magician pulling a rabbit from a hat. Just one example of many.

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Is that a Kellyanne Conway quote?

As I don't quote bubble headed attractive blondes it follows that I certainly won't do so with bubble headed unattractive blondes, especially one with an even more unattractive persona.

Archived