McDonald's are charging non Thai speakers more??

BngkkB

About once a week or so I have McDonald's delivery. I usually call and press 9 give my order then hand the phone to my daughter who placed her order either in Thai or English. A while back th machine didn't catch the 9 so we went straight through to the Thai speaking agent. As we order the same thing each time I thought the price was a bit low?

So to check I opened a second phone number on my daughter's phone all in Thai and started calling in from that number and everything was placed in Thai.

This morning called back on the original English speaking line and placed the order in English. Sure enough a higher price on one item. Egg McMuffin with sausage was a higher price. On the Thai line it was 2 for 118 Baht. On the English line it was 2 for 198 Baht.

Amazing an American company of that size participating in dual pricing. Please try it and see what your results are. Photo attached of three receipts, two on the Thai line one on the English line.

Maccas.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Edited by Ron19
Image was upsidedown

I think it's more likely they were picking on Chinese people.  The orders on Jan 7 and Jan 14 were cheaper than the order today during the Chinese New Year holiday.

I can think of several reasons the price may have been different- but the most likely one is they were running a special 3 weeks ago that expired around the last day of the Chinese Calendar.

Happy New Year.

Edit:  BTW, when I first read the headline, I figured it had something to do with coupons printed in Thai, so anyone who can't read Thai doesn't have a clue what the coupon is about.  Crafty bastards, those multi-nationals. 

Edited by impulse

it could well be down to the programming of the tills. it's either incompetent management and/or staff or a deliberate mislead, who knows?

i've had problems in top end department stores, tops supermarket, tesco lotus and often in 7/11s where discounts are advertised but when the product goes through the till the discount is not applied. i always check now and recommend other do the same.

Franchises are owned privately aren't they? It looks to me like one difference is that the cheaper price was actually from a different store. "Thonglor" for that one and "Sukhumvit" for the higher priced. Right? Or I'm seeing this wrong? I'm only drinking coffee at the moment.

45 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

How would McDonald's know a phone was registered under a Thai or Foreign name?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

All sim cards were registered, that info could have been sold or compromised. Even if your name and passport, etc was not passed along,  just the info Falang or Thai could have been sold as a list to whomever. .

I noticed that the price of Mc Donalds in Koh Samui was a lot higher then in Chiang Mai.
Also Burger king handles different pricing with different branches.

So dose KFC in Pattaya the one in Mike's shopping mall is cheaper then the one at royal Garden, there excuse is royal garden in 24 hours a day.Why I care should care about that at 1pm is beyond me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, sanmyintmaung said:

This is Thai Visa, we dont let the facts get in the way of a good paranoid dual pricing conspiracy theory.

1 hour ago, sanmyintmaung said:

Top right photo..sorry I crashed my car and killed those people,it wasn't my fault it was mr mc muffins fault.

This is silly.

As a foodie, I can tell you the promotion for 59baht sausage and egg finished on 28th, or may of been 27th. They are now 99baht.  Your receipts validate this - look at the dates.

There is no dual pricing here. 

But fear not, you can get the chicken mcmuffin and a coffee for 49baht now, till the 10th I think

I'm starting to rethinking my life... 

Edited by ladada