McDonald's are charging non Thai speakers more??

BngkkB

This is silly.

As a foodie, I can tell you the promotion for 59baht sausage and egg finished on 28th, or may of been 27th. They are now 99baht.  Your receipts validate this - look at the dates.

There is no dual pricing here. 

But fear not, you can get the chicken mcmuffin and a coffee for 49baht now, till the 10th I think

I'm starting to rethinking my life... 

The word "foodie" and Mcdonalds don't really go together.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

38 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

So OP you think McDonalds in Thailand have a Thai/Farang bottom thats pressed and then causes a random item to be priced higher if you are farang. Hmm interesting theory or is it a phobia ? 

Pressing a Thai/Farang 'bottom'??

This could become Interesting.

I don't order McDonald's so can't comment on them. Do order Pizzas and always the same price, as per price list, regardless if ordered in Thai or English. Collect them now and get BOGOF.

One racket was one local food caught. They had a steak place there. My son and me went on our own one Saturday evening. The staff, all from Cambodia, happily overcharged me by about 120 ThB. Shame we'd eaten there before, and it happened to be owned by a friend!

I often find it's the non Thai cheap foreign labor who see farangs as a chance to overcharge and make some extra pocket money.

At the McDonalds at The Avenue in Pattaya the menu has much higher prices. The ice cream cone is 20 B instead of 10 B (200%) and the regular hamburger is 50% more more than usual, just 2 examples.

But is same for Hindus or Catholics or.....

3 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

So OP you think McDonalds in Thailand have a Thai/Farang bottom thats pressed and then causes a random item to be priced higher if you are farang. Hmm interesting theory or is it a phobia

... wouldn't be surprising at all if he only was here long enough and preferred no to stay blissfully ignorant.

5 hours ago, elgenon said:

At the McDonalds at The Avenue in Pattaya the menu has much higher prices. The ice cream cone is 20 B instead of 10 B (200%) and the regular hamburger is 50% more more than usual, just 2 examples.

But is same for Hindus or Catholics or.....

Yes went up overnight about eight months ago.

I go to Central now for my weekly two hamburgers. 29 bt each and maybe an ice cream if I'm feeling flush.

Living the dream.........

On 1/30/2017 at 9:34 AM, juice777 said:

So dose KFC in Pattaya the one in Mike's shopping mall is cheaper then the one at royal Garden, there excuse is royal garden in 24 hours a day.Why I care should care about that at 1pm is beyond me.

With current technology, they should have a menu where the prices double about the time the drunks get tossed out of the bars.  Maybe a little earlier on Friday and Saturday nights, in case some of them catch on...

For home delivery you give your phone number and address. If you call in to give a phone number and all info in English or in Thai is what I meant. If I call burger King automatically go to English speaking if I call from my phone. This is what I meant by registered Thai or English.
McDonald's for one meal a week is only mild child abuse. With all her sports and the way she usually eats it's my feeble attempt to fatten her up to a normal weight

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• 4 months later...

Yes, the OP is getting ripped off. He's getting ripped off 40 baht because he's paying the "sucker's fee" by not walking his lazy bum to Maccas/Mickey D's for a bit of exercise and ordering his meal at the actual "restaurant".

On 1/31/2017 at 5:35 PM, BngkkB said:

For home delivery you give your phone number and address. If you call in to give a phone number and all info in English or in Thai is what I meant. If I call burger King automatically go to English speaking if I call from my phone. This is what I meant by registered Thai or English.
McDonald's for one meal a week is only mild child abuse. With all her sports and the way she usually eats it's my feeble attempt to fatten her up to a normal weight

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Nevermind all the child abuse nonsense, but it's clear that you bought the items on sale and then again when it wasn't on sale.  That's why the prices were different.  So this whole dual-pricing accusation is totally bogus.  This must make you feel really stupid to start a thread with that assumption.  I mean, really, really stupid. 

On 1/31/2017 at 10:52 AM, Jonmarleesco said:

No idea. I never order McDonalds delivery. Ordering on site, no matter which one, the price is always the same.

How do you know if you never ordered?