BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BngkkB

McDonald's are charging non Thai speakers more??

Well guess i was also suprised when the waterpark in Pattaya owned by Cartoon Network , has dual pricing.

21 hours ago, BngkkB said:

Same store, same item, same computer system?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Yeah, but three different dates--Jan 14 B118; Jan 07 B118; Jan 29 B198--there may have been a promotion on certain days.

This is silly.

As a foodie, I can tell you the promotion for 59baht sausage and egg finished on 28th, or may of been 27th. They are now 99baht.  Your receipts validate this - look at the dates.

There is no dual pricing here. 

But fear not, you can get the chicken mcmuffin and a coffee for 49baht now, till the 10th I think

I'm starting to rethinking my life... 

The word "foodie" and Mcdonalds don't really go together.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

38 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

So OP you think McDonalds in Thailand have a Thai/Farang bottom thats pressed and then causes a random item to be priced higher if you are farang. Hmm interesting theory or is it a phobia ? 

Pressing a Thai/Farang 'bottom'??

This could become Interesting.

I don't order McDonald's so can't comment on them. Do order Pizzas and always the same price, as per price list, regardless if ordered in Thai or English. Collect them now and get BOGOF.

One racket was one local food caught. They had a steak place there. My son and me went on our own one Saturday evening. The staff, all from Cambodia, happily overcharged me by about 120 ThB. Shame we'd eaten there before, and it happened to be owned by a friend!

I often find it's the non Thai cheap foreign labor who see farangs as a chance to overcharge and make some extra pocket money.

At the McDonalds at The Avenue in Pattaya the menu has much higher prices. The ice cream cone is 20 B instead of 10 B (200%) and the regular hamburger is 50% more more than usual, just 2 examples.

But is same for Hindus or Catholics or.....

3 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

So OP you think McDonalds in Thailand have a Thai/Farang bottom thats pressed and then causes a random item to be priced higher if you are farang. Hmm interesting theory or is it a phobia

... wouldn't be surprising at all if he only was here long enough and preferred no to stay blissfully ignorant.

4 hours ago, mikiea said:

a error  ?   you must work for mickie dee's .

How are you enjoying your Mensa meetings?

7 hours ago, recycler said:

It's better to stop eating their crap anyway!

Ha ha.  Beat me to it.  Fast food is not good for living things.

You traveled half way around to eat the very same cancer causing crap you left behind. Perhaps not a bad idea forcing expats to learn Thai.