Korean doctor slams "dangerous" Pattaya after yet more snatch thefts

webfact

Korean doctor slams "dangerous" Pattaya after yet more snatch thefts

2p2.jpg

Picture: Facebook

PATTAYA: -- A Korean doctor on holiday in Pattaya has slammed the resort as dangerous for tourists after he was robbed in the street.

The tourist was the latest victim as necklace snatches have been reported on a daily basis.

Now the victim has called on the police to do something about it and protect visitors.

Dr Chang Hyun, 38 had a gold necklace worth 150,000 baht ripped off his neck by a helmeted motorcycle thief in Soi Petchtrakun at 3am on Saturday.

Said the started doctor at the scene: "Before I came on holiday I heard there were cases like this happening every day in Pattaya, so I took care. But I never really thought it would happen to me.

"It is sad that Pattaya is so dangerous for visitors. The police need to do something about it", he told Pattaya news.

But it was not the only incident of its kind on Saturday. Pattaya police were also called to Soi Paniat Chang at 9pm where another

Korean was the victim.

Choi Hyoungkyu, 48, had a necklace worth $2,500 US (around 90,000 baht) snatched from him by a motorcycle rider.

Witness Wisut Srianut,25, said that he saw the incident. The Korean tourist tried to run after the assailant but could not get him in

time.

In both incidents police were said to have tried to follow the trace of the robbers on CCTV but the assailants had got clean away. Pattaya News did not link the two incidents.

Source: FB Pattayanews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-30

"before I came I heard there were cases like this happening every day in Pattaya so I took care,but I never thought this would happen to me"

so why at 3.00 am in the morning are you wandering about wearing a 150,000 baht gold chain.........the stupidity of some people :whistling:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Said the started doctor at the scene: "Before I came on holiday I heard there were cases like this happening every day in Pattaya, but I never thought it would happen to me 

Bang goes my theory that you need brains to be a doctor.

Stupid does as stupid is. 

Wonder around in the early hours, displaying flash jewelry, watches, bags or big wallets and you're a magnet for muggers, snatch thieves and pick pockets. 

And that is true of a very many cities, including some in Korea.

Go on holiday, have a few drinks, wander round adult entertainment areas and then wonder why you get robbed. Doh. 

"Before I came on holiday I heard there were cases like this happening every day in Pattaya, so I took care. But I never really thought it would happen to me."

Took care? Really? You were going to wear  500,000 baht worth of gold but switched out at the last second?

5 hours ago, petermik said:

"before I came I heard there were cases like this happening every day in Pattaya so I took care,but I never thought this would happen to me"

so why at 3.00 am in the morning are you wandering about wearing a 150,000 baht gold chain.........the stupidity of some people :whistling:

If you had heard before coming to Pattaya that these things happen, why come at all?  Pattaya is a sewer but it does have lots of young hookers.  Possibly a case of the little head persuading the bigger head that it will all be fine!  In Patty it could have much worse!

Let's take a minute here. Yes he was a dumb ass for walking around at 3.00 am with a150,000 bht gold chain around his neck. However does this justify the theft. Maybe you forget about the Australian woman killed by the bag snatchers. Seems nothing has changed except he didn't get killed. 

7 hours ago, philliphn said:

It is not wise. In any city in the world. To walk around. With the equivalent of a years salary, in jewelry, around your neck, especially at 0300hrs. Why do it at all? I would not do this, in the USA, or in Europe, or even Thailand! 

In Swizterland which i know well , its perfectly OK. Otherwise it depends on which part of the city your are.

I guess you would be Ok in Makati or BGC in Manila but not other places.

Going to vacation in Pattaya was his first mistake, the second mistake was being out that late at night alone, next was wearing valuable and easy to steal jewelry or other items. Maybe Customs should issue every foreigner a handgun at the border, then they can collect them from the foreigners upon leaving the country. Eliminating the "Bad Guys" is the major issue of the Junta, if nothing else, this would certainly achieve that goal.

crammin around Pattaya's streets at 3 in the morning,  wearing a fat gold necklace ?  And HE is telling the police that he was well aware of the unsafe streets of Pattaya before he came for a holiday?

Have mercy with this clown! 

Doctor?  Doctor in the right lessons !

8 hours ago, petermik said:

Okay so now more chains around the necks of tourists.and so now the thiefs will start to snatch the bags of the ladies.are these ladies then also stupid for walking around with their bags outside?or would it make more sense finaly arresting all the chain and bag snatchers?

to catch them u need fake tourists with fake chain walking the streets..

6 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Okay so no more chains around the necks of tourists. And then the thieves will start to snatch the bags of the ladies. are these ladies then also stupid for walking around with their bags outside?or would it make more sense finaly arresting all the chain and bag snatchers?

to catch them u need fake tourists with fake chain walking the streets..

it strongly depends WHAT amount of value inside your bag you are willing to walking around.  And of course inside a cheap, not luxury bag.

IF they are smart enough!  If not, yes then they are stupid.

I strongly suggest not to carry lots of money,  two or even three expensive phones, credit cards and an original Rolex watch inside your bag.  Just let the thieves cooly snatch your lipstick, the Kleenex and some mace gas!

Archived