Murdered over 20 baht - security guard dead because co-worker needed his lunch

webfact

Murdered over 20 baht - security guard dead because co-worker needed his lunch

4p1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A security guard was murdered in Bangkok over a 20 baht debt for a spot of lunch.

The murderer said to the Thai people: Think about the consequences of your actions or end up like me.

A total of three people stand charged with premeditated murder and weapons charges after the incident at a housing estate security booth last Wednesday, reported Sanook.

The assailants were all caught on CCTV and gave themselves up at the weekend and were paraded for the press. They are Anattanan or Tui, 24, Songkiat or Em, 19, and Jakraphong or Sam, 19.

Security guard Usaman, 26, died after being stabbed in the back and another man called Akhbar was injured on the arm in the melee.

Anattanan, a fellow security guard at the booth in Pattanakarn Road, related the details of the incident to a press conference in front of metropolitan police chief Sanit Mahathavorn on Sunday.

He said: "I was hungry but I didn't have any money on me so I decided to ask my supervisor for 20 baht. He only had a hundred baht note and said to give the 80 baht change to another security man called Akhbar who he owed.

"I cycled off to buy some sticky rice and chicken but it cost 40 baht. When I got back I gave 60 baht to Akhbar but he was not happy and an argument broke out. He said I should return the food and get the full 80 baht for him.

"He said if he didn't get his 80 baht there would be trouble".

Shortly after Attanan cycled home to get the 20 baht. His brother Songkiat and his brother's friend Jakraphong were there and he told them what had happened.

Attanan went back to the housing estate but shortly after the other two men arrived on a Honda Dream motorcycle. Songkiat used a bit of wood to take a swing at Akhbar.

Attanan, who was in the booth with Usaman then took out a knife he kept on his person for protection and stabbed Usaman in the back. The blade broke off.

All three fled the scene.

Attanan admitted that he had stabbed Usaman over 20 baht. He said that he had never had a problem with his co-workers before.

"I am sorry," he said, "I was hungry and I needed my dinner and I got in a rage. Let it be a lesson to other Thai people - think about the consequences of your actions or, like me, it may be too late".

All three men were detained on premeditated murder and weapons charges by Prawet police.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-30

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farangs remember :

Learn to wai your a** off.

Smile.

No eye contact.

No alpha wolf or A type personality allowed.

20 baht is a lot of money for some Thais.

Cheap knives break off in a murderous rage.

Be extra careful around Thai men with low blood sugar levels.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Attanan went back to the housing estate but shortly after the other two men arrived on a Honda Dream motorcycle. Songkiat used a bit of wood to take a swing at Akhbar.

Attanan, who was in the booth with Usaman then took out a knife he kept on his person for protection and stabbed Usaman in the back. The blade broke off.

Sounds premeditated from the get go.

Jesus! All over nothing. Be careful out there. 

I remember when i first came here. I went to a restaurant with a mate and the waitress brought over one menu. I put my fingers up to show two, and asked "Can we have two menus, please?" She gave me the look of death. My friend told me we should leave as she looked mega annoyed and god knows what they'll do to our food. That was totally bizarre and I had no idea I came off impolite at all. I'm still not sure what went wrong.

Anyway, I feel relatively safe here, and I've never been afraid of taking a punch (I'm always respectful, but sometimes you can get annoyed). But it seems annoying some people here can result in death. That's mega scary. 

Very sad story and one died for this , unbelievable but true and it give me some Ideas for my own protection. What about if I carry a knife for my self-defense ? Police will charge me for carryings a knife? 

11 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Jesus! All over nothing. Be careful out there. 

I remember when i first came here. I went to a restaurant with a mate and the waitress brought over one menu. I put my fingers up to show two, and asked "Can we have two menus, please?" She gave me the look of death. My friend told me we should leave as she looked mega annoyed and god knows what they'll do to our food. That was totally bizarre and I had no idea I came off impolite at all. I'm still not sure what went wrong.

Anyway, I feel relatively safe here, and I've never been afraid of taking a punch (I'm always respectful, but sometimes you can get annoyed). But it seems annoying some people here can result in death. That's mega scary. 

You stuck two fingers up to her. ?

I remembered 2 years ago in an Isan family, as I was amazed to see two women fighting for sip bath (10 baths only) :sad:.

I decided to give them the 10 baths and after they stopped fighting and were even laughing !

Even 10 bath can be precious money for some women in thailand at some moment !:shock1:

Why are these people so poor and hungry? don't they get paid? No wonder people in thailand sell their bodies for money... they just can't manage living on a low paying salary (because it's too low and because they don't know how to manage money) and they can't afford an education that would give them a better job.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Thais need to eat every 15min or they go into the murderous mode.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Farangs remember :

Smile.

No eye contact.

No alpha wolf or A type personality allowed.

A girl with a knife can do surprising amounts of damage as well.....

Based on the litany of farang complaints about 7/Eleven rounding their utility bills up to the nearest 25 satang or boasts about tipping a few small coins for a restaurant meal, I'd say there are a lot of farang  who would go off the rails for something as monumental as 20 baht.

Be extra careful around farang whose derriere has a permanent depression in the shape of a bar stool.

That should provide comic relief or at least confirm you're just another addled farang who's learned nothing about when or how to wai.

24 minutes ago, hobz said:

A girl with a knife can do surprising amounts of damage as well.....

The longer i stay here the less i understand. Without trying to be hurtful of spiteful i believe most Thais cannot reason or debate. Very very occasionly i fall in to the fatal mistake in trying to debate an argument with a Thai and then realise i am walking on very thin eggshells. They can be irrational and the use of a knife/weopon is not uncommon in winning over their point of view to avoid Thai loss of face.

22 minutes ago, hobz said:

Why are these people so poor and hungry? don't they get paid? No wonder people in thailand sell their bodies for money... they just can't manage living on a low paying salary (because it's too low and because they don't know how to manage money) and they can't afford an education that would give them a better job.

iPhone payments and motor bike payment eats up the majority of their salary. Its also why they never leave home

2 hours ago, SoFarAndNear said:

Damn, what is going on the last few months. Record tourist deaths, record deaths on the road, every few days a crazy killing story like this here.

You know whats going on

its the ones in charge with no idea of how to run a Pi>> up in a brewery let alone a country

and it will get worse wait and see

Happiness Happiness  Mr PM Style The country has never been so happy glad I am out of it

But still have a love for the place of years gone by

1 hour ago, Seewolf said:

Very sad story and one died for this , unbelievable but true and it give me some Ideas for my own protection. What about if I carry a knife for my self-defense ? Police will charge me for carryings a knife? 

Only if you stab or kill a Thai person. And a lot of the little criminals run around because a family member might be connected.

Yes you were getting mugged but the kids dad is the police chief..

It's not my country I'm polite to everyone  if I don't like the way it is here I can go home.

Archived