Yearly visa

The last 2 years I have got my visa from savannakhet. I am married to a Thai lady, and have been paying 5000 baht each year . but I have to go out of Thailand  ,every 90 days to get a 90 day stamp on my return. My income from uk is greater than 400,000 a year , if i get a pension letter from the British embassy can I use it to do my 90 days at my local migration, but still go to savannakhet for my 1 year, My local is in Fang but my regional is at Chiang mai and I am told by some friends that I have to be there at 4am to get a ticket,I live 200Km from Chiang mai i'm 78 and don't fancy standing around immigration for 1/2 a day if I cant sit down, a visit to laos sounds much better. cost is not so important, does any one know the answer

No.

If you use a ME Non-'O' visa to stay in the country you need to leave within every 90 days or apply for a 60 day/1 year extension.

If you stay using a 1 year extension of stay issued by immigration you can exit/re-enter every 90 days but you can only renew the extension at your local immigration office.

Non o marriage based from Savannakhet as you know leave country every 90 days. The 400000 option you speak of is an extension based on marriage. Which you apply for at your immigration office. Two diffrent things which can't be mixed ie the 90 day report is for extension of stay only.

Did you know you can extend your 90 day on your non o by 60 days at Immigration giving you 5 months before leaving for a new 90 day stamp.

But to answer your question no you will not be able to do 90 day report at immigration on your non o  sorry

Edited by Deepinthailand

Hi Deepinthailand. Very greatfull for your speedy reply.  Can I go to my local fang office and do 60 day extention . or do I have to go to main office in Chiang Mai,my non o based on marriage runs until may 11and I am due  another 90 day on the 21 March . and does that mean I can do another 60 day close to 11 May and that  would make me have to get a 90 day some time in june. but where does this stop. I don't want to get in any trouble with immigration whats-so- ever. Thanks in advance for your help

5 minutes ago, derekwyoung said:

Hi Deepinthailand. Very greatfull for your speedy reply.  Can I go to my local fang office and do 60 day extention . or do I have to go to main office in Chiang Mai,my non o based on marriage runs until may 11and I am due  another 90 day on the 21 March . and does that mean I can do another 60 day close to 11 May and that  would make me have to get a 90 day some time in june. but where does this stop. I don't want to get in any trouble with immigration whats-so- ever. Thanks in advance for your help

Sorry can't answer your question on immigration office I would presume your local one but sure someone in the know will tell you soon.

My advise get a 60 day extension week before 21st March that will give you 60 days. Then depart Thailand just before your non o runs out say 9th or 10th May and get another 90 days then again extend it by 60 days a week or so before the 90 days are up that way you will get 17 months out of it before you need to go to savanakhet for a new one. You can only get one 60 day extension per 90 day entry.

There is no immigration office in Fang. You can only use the office in Chiang Mai.

A once a year visit to immigration in my opinion would be better than traveling to Savannakhet to get a new visa and then having to do border hops every 90 days for a new entry.

Not sure what the latest is about what time you need to be at immigration in Chiang Mai. Your wife or another person could do the wait in line for you while wait somewhere more comfortable until they start handing  out numbers.

There is no immigration office in Fang. You can only use the office in Chiang Mai.
A once a year visit to immigration in my opinion would be better than traveling to Savannakhet to get a new visa and then having to do border hops every 90 days for a new entry.
Not sure what the latest is about what time you need to be at immigration in Chiang Mai. Your wife or another person could do the wait in line for you while wait somewhere more comfortable until they start handing  out numbers.

For the once a year visit to immigration, is an income affidavid greater than 45,000 translated and stamped by the MFA sufficient? Or are bank statements needed?

Also does the translated income affidavid from Canadian embassy expire after a certain amount of time?

4 minutes ago, hohososo said:

For the once a year visit to immigration, is an income affidavid greater than 45,000 translated and stamped by the MFA sufficient? Or are bank statements needed?

Also does the translated income affidavid from Canadian embassy expire after a certain amount of time?

A income affidavit proving more than 40k baht will be accepted. No need for bank statements. If the income affidavit is in English it does not need to be translated.

Immigration will accept a income affidavit that is up to 6 months old.

A income affidavit proving more than 40k baht will be accepted. No need for bank statements. If the income affidavit is in English it does not need to be translated.
Immigration will accept a income affidavit that is up to 6 months old.

I was planning to go to Savanakhet since they dont require financial proof.. But does this mean I can go to any Thai consulate outside of the country and get a marriage visa with only the income affidavid?

17 minutes ago, hohososo said:

I was planning to go to Savanakhet since they dont require financial proof.. But does this mean I can go to any Thai consulate outside of the country and get a marriage visa with only the income affidavid?

I was writing about getting a one year extension of stay at immigration not  about getting a multiple entry non-o visa since that is what this topic is primarily about.

Not all embassies and consulates will issue a multiple entry non-o visa even with financial proof. Penang would accept a income affidavit to get a non-o visa.

I was writing about getting a one year extension of stay at immigration not  about getting a multiple entry non-o visa since that is what this topic is primarily about.
Not all embassies and consulates will issue a multiple entry non-o visa even with financial proof. Penang would accept a income affidavit to get a non-o visa.

Ok so i should be indifferent towards applying for a non o visa in either Penang or Savanakhet since I do have the income affidavid?

And the affidavid i have is a marriage affidavid which just happened to ask me my income and occupation. Is this sufficient or is there a more specific affidavid?

34 minutes ago, hohososo said:

Ok so i should be indifferent towards applying for a non o visa in either Penang or Savanakhet since I do have the income affidavid?

And the affidavid i have is a marriage affidavid which just happened to ask me my income and occupation. Is this sufficient or is there a more specific affidavid?

You would have to do a affidavit (statutory declaration) stating your income at the embassy. The affirmation of permit to marry would not be accepted to prove your income.

You would have to do a affidavit (statutory declaration) stating your income at the embassy. The affirmation of permit to marry would not be accepted to prove your income.

OK thanks.

This document is called marriage affidavit and contained within I am also swearing my income is X, employer is Y and occupation is Z listed at a specific address.

But you are saying this is not sufficient and I need another declaration.

To get this letter you advise i must get, must I show proof of income at the Canadian Embassy?

Thanks again.

The embassy will ask for proof of your income.

Thanks.

What is the definition of income?

Could I not just deposit 45,000 thb equivelent into my Canadian bank, then withdraw it a few weeks later and repeat this process each month?

Would this satisfy the requirements?

Or do they want to see pay stubs and tax return etc.

5 minutes ago, hohososo said:

Thanks.
What is the definition of income?
Could I not just deposit 45,000 thb equivelent into my Canadian bank, then withdraw it a few weeks later and repeat this process each month?
Would this satisfy the requirements?
Or do they want to see pay stubs and tax return etc.

Not sure what exactly they want. Best to contact them and ask.

If all you want is a multiple entry non-o visa you show banks statements from any bank to meet Penang's requirements.

Or go to Savannakhet where they ask for no financial proof.

Non o marriage based from Savannakhet as you know leave country every 90 days. The 400000 option you speak of is an extension based on marriage. Which you apply for at your immigration office. Two diffrent things which can't be mixed ie the 90 day report is for extension of stay only.
Did you know you can extend your 90 day on your non o by 60 days at Immigration giving you 5 months before leaving for a new 90 day stamp.
But to answer your question no you will not be able to do 90 day report at immigration on your non o  sorry

Question in regards to your post. Can you apply for the 60 day extension and then apply for a yearly extension afterwards from the 60 day extension.
The reason I ask is my 400000 won't have been in the bank for 2 months before my original Non O expires amd would like to extend for 60 days before applying for the 1 year extension. I'm short on the seasoning date by about 3 weeks.

10 minutes ago, ldiablo72 said:

Question in regards to your post. Can you apply for the 60 day extension and then apply for a yearly extension afterwards from the 60 day extension.
The reason I ask is my 400000 won't have been in the bank for 2 months before my original Non O expires amd would like to extend for 60 days before applying for the 1 year extension. I'm short on the seasoning date by about 3 weeks.

Yes you can as long as you haven't already had a 60 day extension since you last entered the country.

Edited by elviajero

17 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes you can as long as you haven't already had a 60 day extension since you last entered the country.

Not questioning your answer just want some clarification.

Are you saying if I'm on a non o marriage based and I had a 60 day extension to first 90 day entry. Then got another 90 days with a border hop then extend that one by 60 days I can't apply for an 1 year extension based on marriage or retirement  on the last 30 days of the second 60 day extension

I'm not to sure on your wording but maybe it's me.

Edited by Deepinthailand

18 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Not questioning your answer just want some clarification.

Are you saying if I'm on a non o marriage based and I had a 60 day extension to first 90 day entry. Then got another 90 days with a border hop then extend that one by 60 days I can't apply for an 1 year extension based on marriage or retirement  on the last 30 days of the second 60 day extension

I'm not to sure on your wording but maybe it's me.

You are only allowed one 60 day extension per entry. No problem in your case to get one for each entry from your visa.

A person getting a one year extension of a non-o visa entry can only do one 60 day extension of that entry is what he was writing about. Even if doing an entry with re-entry permit it is still the same entry that has been extended.

• Like 1

You are only allowed one 60 day extension per entry. No problem in your case to get one for each entry from your visa.
A person getting a one year extension of a non-o visa entry can only do one 60 day extension of that entry is what he was writing about. Even if doing an entry with re-entry permit it is still the same entry that has been extended.

Joe. Can I get 1-60 day extension and then prior to the end of the entension apply for a 1 year extension after the money has been in the bank for 2 months on my original Non O or do I have to leave Thailand and get another Non O before I can apply for a 1 year extension.

9 hours ago, ldiablo72 said:

Joe. Can I get 1-60 day extension and then prior to the end of the entension apply for a 1 year extension after the money has been in the bank for 2 months on my original Non O or do I have to leave Thailand and get another Non O before I can apply for a 1 year extension.

Yes. You can have a 60 day extension of your last 90 day entry and then apply for a 1 year extension.

• Like 1

I am amazed that people use marriage or age as a pretext to obtain a Non-Imm visa then continue as if they were not qualified for such a visa. I am guessing that since people find visa runs preferable to 90 day reports, they don't qualify financially to be here.
This has been pointed out before but I think it worth stating plainly so that 'newbies' don't get the wrong impression.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

30 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

I am amazed that people use marriage or age as a pretext to obtain a Non-Imm visa then continue as if they were not qualified for such a visa. I am guessing that since people find visa runs preferable to 90 day reports, they don't qualify financially to be here.
This has been pointed out before but I think it worth stating plainly so that 'newbies' don't get the wrong impression.

Then sir your guess would be quite wrong. Some of us don't like to be going cap in hand to the whims and changes if immigration officers. So if a new expat or a perspective expat is reading this tgeezer is quite wrong on his guess work.

PS have you thought visa runs are more expensive  than a simple 90 day report so that sort of blows your guess work to shreds I think. 

Edited by Deepinthailand

This thread has two themes, my post refers to cases like Deepinthailand's
where his second sentence says that he is married to a Thai but has been leaving the country several times a year and wants to continue. That would make a 'newbie' wonder I think. Compare that with Hohososo's where it was assumed that he also prefers leaving the contry several times a year to visiting Immigration once a year but he appears to simply want one visit out for a visa.
Your situation is different again I presume, you seem to have had so much trouble at Immigration that you also prefer leaving the country several times a year.
There is no doubt that Immigration have done their best to facilitate all situations and still be true to the spirit of the Immigration Act but it is still my contention that being fully qualified is the most convenient way. I still guess that if people choose inconvenience then the reason is money.

14 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

This thread has two themes, my post refers to cases like Deepinthailand's
where his second sentence says that he is married to a Thai but has been leaving the country several times a year and wants to continue. That would make a 'newbie' wonder I think. Compare that with Hohososo's where it was assumed that he also prefers leaving the contry several times a year to visiting Immigration once a year but he appears to simply want one visit out for a visa.
Your situation is different again I presume, you seem to have had so much trouble at Immigration that you also prefer leaving the country several times a year.
There is no doubt that Immigration have done their best to facilitate all situations and still be true to the spirit of the Immigration Act but it is still my contention that being fully qualified is the most convenient way. I still guess that if people choose inconvenience then the reason is money.

I have no idea where you get the second sentence bit from? I leave the country on holidays or to do a quick border run if not going on holidays. Everyone who is married to a Thai is entitled to a non o based on marriage now Wether you want to carry on down the route of yearly non o based on marriage  or get a yearly extension based on marriage is entirely up to individuals. But to claim that the non o yearly visa people haven't got the required funds to live here is an assumption and in my opinion quite wrong.

Ps if you work it right you would only have to leave the country 3 times to achieve 17 months stay (4 I suppose if you counted the initial run to get the visa)

Edited by Deepinthailand

Sorry I am guilty of trying to make a point and I thought that you were the OP whose second sentence does have 'married to a Thai".
My assumption is only that, my use of the word 'guess' is just lazyness. As I said Immigration has gone out of its way to accomodate as many situations as they can and still be faithful to The Act.
I am sure that you can see why I wouldn't realise that the fact of being married qualifies a person to a long-stay visa irrespective of his financial status. My experience is of the Thai Embassy in London, where although there is no sum mentioned, they ask for: monthly income, amount os saving(in which banks) . If consulates in adjacent contries have abandoned that requirement, I can't see why it should be required to obtain an extension at Immigration by reason of being married.

30 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Sorry I am guilty of trying to make a point and I thought that you were the OP whose second sentence does have 'married to a Thai".
My assumption is only that, my use of the word 'guess' is just lazyness. As I said Immigration has gone out of its way to accomodate as many situations as they can and still be faithful to The Act.
I am sure that you can see why I wouldn't realise that the fact of being married qualifies a person to a long-stay visa irrespective of his financial status. My experience is of the Thai Embassy in London, where although there is no sum mentioned, they ask for: monthly income, amount os saving(in which banks) . If consulates in adjacent contries have abandoned that requirement, I can't see why it should be required to obtain an extension at Immigration by reason of being married.

Some do require proof some well one that i know off does not savanakhet. It would make little diffrence to me if they suddenly required proof I would still go for the non o route rather than the Yearly extension of stay. I encoparate my border runs with holidays if I can't or the wife can't close the shop I would go to immigration for a 60 day extension or even pop over to Laos on my own.