Thai government: Women arrested in Malaysia may have been victims of "human trafficking"

webfact

Thai government: Women arrested in Malaysia may have been victims of "human trafficking"

4p.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The Thai government is looking into suggestions that Thai women may have been the victims of human trafficking in Malaysia.

The move comes after 177 Thai women were arrested for having no work permits in Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Malacca and Johor Bahru. Some of the women have returned but many are being held in the Malaysian capital.

Thai public welfare minister Adul Saengsingkaew held a crisis meeting with several relevant authorities yesterday to discuss what help can be given to the stranded Thai women, reported Sanook.

He said it was not sure yet whether their case fell into the category of human trafficking and this would need to be investigated.

The women all come from three southern Thai provinces - Patani, Yala and Songkhla - and officials there are interviewing those who have returned already from Malaysia.

Consular officials in Kuala Lumpur are also in touch with those held there.

Thais have free movement to ASEAN neighbor Malaysia but need a permit to engage in work there. Many are involved in the sex industry in Thailand's neighbor.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-01

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

I always thought Malaysia was, in fact, a muslim country.

Sex outside marriage is forbidden.

????????

As it is in christian nations.Not everybody strictly adheres to religious beliefs.Funny how this is always bought up when it comes to those that follow the muslim faith.Anyway,there are plenty of hindus down there and they wrote the Karma Sutra.

5 hours ago, hansnl said:

????????

There are millions of non-Muslims in Malaysia, and religion has nothing to do with sex or individuals behaviour, I don't think Christians or other religions allows sex outside marriage, better open your Bible and read before you comment.

On 2/1/2017 at 4:13 PM, hansnl said:

????????

Yes, but you can marry and be divorced 2 hours later. I divorce the , I divorce thee, I divorce thee.  That is all there is to it, you still get into heaven.

Archived