Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wealthychef

Living month to month in Bangkok and elsewhere in LOS

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm looking for a place to stay for maybe 3 months in Bangkok.  But I'm finding it hard to find a nice condo downtown Bangkok without committing to a 6 month lease at least.  Real estate agents are telling me owners don't want to rent for that short of a time period.  What kind of options do I have for month to month rentals here?  Where should I look for info?  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mrjlh said:

Try here http://www.winlongplace.com/

 

Been improved a lot  since I was there 10 yrs ago.  Still not the Riz but worth checking on.

 

Thanks, that's at least proof of concept.  I'm hoping to find something close to the Asok area or Prom Pong for obvious reasons.  I'm pretty sure with enough money anything I want is available, but I also don't want to be TOO spendy.  LOL  In other words I guess I'm asking for a lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Thanks, that's at least proof of concept.  I'm hoping to find something close to the Asok area or Prom Pong for obvious reasons.  I'm pretty sure with enough money anything I want is available, but I also don't want to be TOO spendy.  LOL  In other words I guess I'm asking for a lot.  

Airbnb, Serviced Apartments, do a deal with a hotel for monthly rates, even booking.com/Adoda do "Holiday Rentals" nowadays.

Used Airbnb for a 1 month Stay at the Trendy Apartments in SOI 13 (IIRC a Studio cost me 30k for 30 days) process worked well though I wouldn't recommend that particular place to stay.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JB300 said:

Airbnb, Serviced Apartments, do a deal with a hotel for monthly rates, even booking.com/Adoda do "Holiday Rentals" nowadays.

Used Airbnb for a 1 month Stay at the Trendy Apartments in SOI 13 (IIRC a Studio cost me 30k for 30 days) process worked well though I wouldn't recommend that particular place to stay.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Well, I'm willing to get to 25,000 baht, maybe even more for a good place.  I know I can get a nice place with a gym and a pool and about 39 sq meters for 25k at the new place next to Trendy, but that's with a 6 month contract.  Trendy goes for about 18k or so as I recall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that Trendy is going for 30k as you say.  I'm now mulling over whether I want to spend $900 per month for the flexibility it offers or sign up for a better place for cheaper but sign a 6 month contract.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Im signing up to a condo today or tomorrow on 6 month lease very central location. I know they have other rooms available (I think). I can ask them. They do around 25,000 baht per month in a very nice condo. I'm urgently just looking for a 6 month contract that is nice. These guys will do daily rates too at around 1000-1500 baht.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Im signing up to a condo today or tomorrow on 6 month lease very central location. I know they have other rooms available (I think). I can ask them. They do around 25,000 baht per month in a very nice condo. I'm urgently just looking for a 6 month contract that is nice. These guys will do daily rates too at around 1000-1500 baht. They have leases for all lengths, just the price will defer. When I sign a lease with them, I will let them know about you. (Which should be tomorrow anyway)

 

"Used Airbnb for a 1 month Stay at the Trendy Apartments in SOI 13"

 

LOL, that's because there is a sign in the trendy elevator saying it is illegal to rent out daily or weekly rents i suppose. So much monthly now ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Im signing up to a condo today or tomorrow on 6 month lease very central location. I know they have other rooms available (I think). I can ask them. They do around 25,000 baht per month in a very nice condo. I'm urgently just looking for a 6 month contract that is nice. These guys will do daily rates too at around 1000-1500 baht. They have leases for all lengths, just the price will defer. When I sign a lease with them, I will let them know about you. (Which should be tomorrow anyway)

 

"Used Airbnb for a 1 month Stay at the Trendy Apartments in SOI 13"

 

LOL, that's because there is a sign in the trendy elevator saying it is illegal to rent out daily or weekly rents i suppose. So much monthly now [emoji6]

Absolutely & the landlady greeted me in the lobby with a big hug & kiss (making it out like I'm a long lost friend).

If the room you're renting is 1k a night, I'd be looking to do them a favour & give them 15k pm for a 6 month contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well according to several agent sites, the room would be 17k - 18k on a 12 month lease with no maid. But the room is 25k on a 6 month lease and with maid included, netflix and also internet in a very nice condo. I think it's about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DjChris28 said:

Well according to several agent sites, the room would be 17k - 18k on a 12 month lease with no maid. But the room is 25k on a 6 month lease and with maid included, netflix and also internet in a very nice condo. I think it's about right.

 

I agree, it's a reasonable price to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, I'm at fraser suites right now. I don't think that would be in his budget. I saw they did monthly for 60k. I havn't enquired though. 

 

So, if you don't mind going about 40k,

 

Aspen suites will do a room monthly for 44k including taxes all utilities paid.

Citadines 11 will do 38k which includes electricity to a certain level, after that you pay.

citadines 16 also do monthly (You need to ask price).

 

all these places will do around 45-50k per month.

 

Silom Covet garden will do some monthly.

 

25,000 for 3 months is hard in a nice apartment. The one i'm in is really nice for that price on monthly rates but I don't sign contract until tuesday, so I can let them know about you on tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DjChris28 said:

Lol, I'm at fraser suites right now. I don't think that would be in his budget. I saw they did monthly for 60k. I havn't enquired though. 

 

So, if you don't mind going about 40k,

 

Aspen suites will do a room monthly for 44k including taxes all utilities paid.

Citadines 11 will do 38k which includes electricity to a certain level, after that you pay.

citadines 16 also do monthly (You need to ask price).

 

all these places will do around 45-50k per month.

 

Silom Covet garden will do some monthly.

 

25,000 for 3 months is hard in a nice apartment. The one i'm in is really nice for that price on monthly rates but I don't sign contract until tuesday, so I can let them know about you on tuesday.

I got a good deal there before on a 2 bedroom suite for 50k a month for 2 months all in including electric and HI speed wifi. The advertised price was nearly 80k. It was nearly 90sqm so maybe a deal on a smaller suite is possible? I know they will do a deal if staying a long period but if they will come down to what the OP needs, I'm not sure.
By the way, try to chicken stall outside the 7/11 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have found a good condo, called The Edge on Suk 23.  40 square meters for 37,500, brand new, I'm the first tenant.  Excellent location, and I'm happy.  I wish I had been more patient but there are plenty of condos out there if you're willing to shake a few coins out of your pocket it seems.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...