Can life be enjoyable without spirit drinks! ?

38 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Can life be enjoyable without a sweet young thing next to you?

Sure, - nothing like a sweet young thing... nothing like an old shoe smell mixed with that new car smell... yeah, yeah, just kidding - this time. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

Sure, - nothing like a sweet young thing... nothing like an old shoe smell mixed with that new car smell... yeah, yeah, just kidding - this time. 

Yeah, a shower may get rid of the old shoe smell, but it only enhances that new car smell.

That is true - and nobody wants to look like a sack of spuds, as you call them, but then, I think the overeaters of the world are rarely out at 3 am getting thrown out of a bar for misbehaving and end up trying to break a bottle over someone's head after someone else took exception to their slobbering drunk behavior. They don't end up in the news sitting at the police station bleeding from the forehead and not even remembering how they got there... 

Just my observations... 

We get it you don't drink but let's stick to the facts, millions of drinkers get through a session every day without incident.
You actually come across like you need a drink lol
8 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

We get it you don't drink but let's stick to the facts, millions of drinkers get through a session every day without incident.
You actually come across like you need a drink lol

Exactly. This is precisely the type of humor that makes drunks so boring. And I can enjoy an occasional drink. But I surely don't need one to enjoy myself and the company I keep.

Exactly. This is precisely the type of humor that makes drunks so boring. And I can enjoy an occasional drink. But I surely don't need one to enjoy myself and the company I keep.

You sound like your in denial and your tone comes across as aggressive, exactly the type I would avoid in bar.

Hangover perhaps?

As I write this I am sucking on a Breezer  its 11.00 a.m. in the morning. Later I will have a beer. Yes I know the old rule never drink before noon but I just felt like one. It took years for me to wrestle demon rum to the ground and I am ever thankful to my body for sticking with me through that ordeal and propelling me onward to the ripe old age I am now. I daily give thanks to the body that houses me and has put up with all my shenanigans over the years. The g/f is on holidays for a week and I let my hair down a bit. When she returns its back to a beer on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Its the  naughty little boy in my I guess. 

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

As I write this I am sucking on a Breezer  its 11.00 a.m. in the morning. Later I will have a beer. Yes I know the old rule never drink before noon but I just felt like one. It took years for me to wrestle demon rum to the ground and I am ever thankful to my body for sticking with me through that ordeal and propelling me onward to the ripe old age I am now. I daily give thanks to the body that houses me and has put up with all my shenanigans over the years. The g/f is on holidays for a week and I let my hair down a bit. When she returns its back to a beer on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Its the  naughty little boy in my I guess. 

I wish I could still do that. I drink very little these days, one beer or glass of wine is about my limit. Any more than that and I get a mild hangover with a headache. I guess my liver ain't as young as it used to be.

Just now, giddyup said:

I wish I could still do that. I drink very little these days, one beer or glass of wine is about my limit. Any more than that and I get a mild hangover with a headache. I guess my liver ain't as young as it used to be.

Neither is mine I would presume. At 79 I always pass on all these medical tests. I want to enjoy a few more good years and then its game over no Depends years spoon feeding and looking in the mirror trying to recognize myself. Nice to conflab with someone of good demeanor on here usually its SB's and brickbats. 

8 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Neither is mine I would presume. At 79 I always pass on all these medical tests. I want to enjoy a few more good years and then its game over no Depends years spoon feeding and looking in the mirror trying to recognize myself. Nice to conflab with someone of good demeanor on here usually its SB's and brickbats. 

The question is: When is it time to call it quits?

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Yes the liver the magic organ like a cat with 9 lives. I repairs itself lends to transplant and regeneration but I still cannot get myself to eat the darn thing. 

I seldom drink but if it was not available ever id miss it just like any other drug.

I dont dislike anyone using their drug of choice as long as they dont bother others or drive under the influence.

Archived