UK Passport Application (Child's first Passport) information.

Hi,

I tried on a search but nothing was showing the information I needed.

I am currently trying to apply for my daughter's UK passport.

Has anyone done this recently and can give me a clear answer on what was needed. please?
The website lists so many alternatives that it is confusing. 

I have my daughter's Thai passport, birth certificate.

The other issue I have is that I was born in the US so I only have a US birth certificate. My father is British and I moved there when I was five. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

9 hours ago, stefan2519 said:

The other issue I have is that I was born in the US so I only have a US birth certificate. My father is British and I moved there when I was five.

This means, as you have said, that you are British by descent; i.e. you inherited your British citizenship from your father.

British citizenship can only descend one generation, so your children will not automatically be British unless they are born in the UK or a qualifying territory (or their mother is British not by descent and so they inherit her citizenship).

So you are in the same position as mfharrison in this topic; any application your daughter makes for a British passport will be rejected because she is not currently British.

Unless at the time of your birth your father was in the US in Crown or similar service; see Para 5 of theoldgit's link.

However, it may be possible to register her as British; see Register as a British citizen, 6. Children born outside the UK.

Once registered she will ,of course, then be able to apply for a British passport.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2017 at 7:05 PM, 7by7 said:

This means, as you have said, that you are British by descent; i.e. you inherited your British citizenship from your father.

British citizenship can only descend one generation, so your children will not automatically be British unless they are born in the UK or a qualifying territory (or their mother is British not by descent and so they inherit her citizenship).

So you are in the same position as mfharrison in this topic; any application your daughter makes for a British passport will be rejected because she is not currently British.

Unless at the time of your birth your father was in the US in Crown or similar service; see Para 5 of theoldgit's link.

However, it may be possible to register her as British; see Register as a British citizen, 6. Children born outside the UK.

Once registered she will ,of course, then be able to apply for a British passport.

Thank you for the informative reply.
My father is getting on and is forgetful in his older years.
I can never remember seeing the neutralization certificate but my father swears he registered my as a child.
I have emailed the HMPO and I am waiting on their reply. 
I'm not sure if they can check...
I only gave them my name no other details than that. 
I will know and update here.