Man returns to Thailand from Holland to look for birth mother who left him at a hospital

webfact

Man returns to Thailand from Holland to look for birth mother who left him at a hospital

2a.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A Thai man who was adopted as a toddler by Dutch parents has returned to his place of birth to look for his real mum and dad.

But he faces problems as records at a Ratchaburi hospital were only kept for ten years and now Siwa Geboers is 29 years old.

He was adopted in the early nineties by Will and Margo Geboers now 64 and 60 years of age respectively, reported Thairath.

The only record he has was that he was left at Ratchaburi Hospital in January 1988, Thereafter he was taken car of at a children's home in Phayathai Bangkok before he was adopted aged two years 8 months.

Siwa, a logistics worker in the Netherlands said that the family were coming on holiday to Thailand and he wanted to look for his birth mum and dad. He knew it was a long shot and the news so far was not good with authorities at the hospital saying records were only kept for ten years.

The family will be swithing their attention to the children's home to see if they can make any progress. They are in Thailand until February 18th.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-03

....well certainly this is expected, but what he finds will X... move forward... his parent must be super cool to support him...  Move on... who raised  you?  Not who provided the DNA.. 

you think they- DNA contributors want to be found....

All the best..in a difficult situation.

The article says: "a Thai man".

Looking for his "real" Thai "father" and "mother".

Not very real I think.

I presume he has the Dutch nationality, was educated there, grew up there, and his adoptive parents were good for him.

Yes, he was born in Thailand, probably from Thai stock, but that does not make him a Thai man.

Can someone please inform me where the country Holland is?

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Look what a big man he became!! Looks so healthy.

I rarely see Thai men in his size...They must have fed him very well.

Looks to have thrived on bitterballen and stroopenwaffles. Mum and Dad look like the salt of the earth.

I admire his adoptive parents.  They are so secure in the knowledge that he loves them as his parents that they are happy to help him look for his biological parents in Thailand.  I think they're wise too: the young man will always remember what they unselfishly did for him

By the way, this reminds me of another interesting case from several years ago. Durng the Cobra Gold military exercise, an American corporal of Thai ancestry participated.  This soldier had been born in Thailand but was given up to an orphanage by his young poor mother.  The boy was adopted by an American couple who raised him.  When he came to Thailand for Cobra Gold, he requested help from the Thai military authorities, who were able to unite him with his birth mother for a happy reunion.  

I told this story to my Thai girlfriend of that time, thinking she would like this happy ending.  Instead, she said that the Thai mother didn't deserve this happiness, as she had given up the baby instead of keeping him. I disagreed, feeling that the mother had given the boy a chance for a better life.

6 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Looks to have thrived on bitterballen and stroopenwaffles. Mum and Dad look like the salt of the earth.

Aaaarrrggghhhh, memories of bitternallen and other various culinary atrocities from FEBO automaats (think of an ATM that dispenses deep fried "things")

enough to make ones arteries scream in terror.

27 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Not very real I think.

I presume he has the Dutch nationality, was educated there, grew up there, and his adoptive parents were good for him.

Yes, he was born in Thailand, probably from Thai stock, but that does not make him a Thai man.

"Can someone please inform me where the country Holland is?"

It did not say they were from the "country Holland, "which isn't actually a country but a region on the western coast of the Netherlands.

But you already know all this being a Nederlander.

It did say that the family was from the Netherlands.

Could they be Dutch people from Holland in the Netherlands, I wonder?

Siwa, a logistics worker in the Netherlands

38 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

He doesn't look fat but like a strong healthy man..So i guess he ate a lot of meat/milk/clean vegy and woowee bread. Maybe he even loves cheese now.

I think Thailand should thank these parents for what they did. The only thing they do now is extorting them for 220 baht extra costs (Only in Thailand) for using their atm's. They also have to pay the 10-foulded farang price for Thai national parks.

But there are loads of other Europeans who paid a monthly fee to Foster Parents who gave it to the Thai orphans.

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

Not very real I think.

Most people in Britain refer to The Netherlands as Holland.   Indeed; many holiday brochures in travel agents shops refer to it as Holland too. and it is generally seen as an affectionate term.

Back on thread and someone should remind this Guy that sometimes ignorance really is bliss !

4 hours ago, hansnl said:

Not very real I think.

Here's the latest introduction video from The Netherlands.

Archived