Welcome to Pattaya - Finnish couple on first day in the resort latest victims of snatch theft

webfact

Welcome to Pattaya - Finnish couple on first day in the resort latest victims of snatch theft

1a.jpg

Picture: Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A Finnish couple out for a stroll on their first day in Pattaya were robbed yesterday in the latest motorcycle snatch theft to hit the resort.

The incident happened in Wat Bun Kanchana Road and left the woman with lacerations of the neck, reported Sanook.

The thief on a motorcycle stole two necklaces from the woman's neck worth a total of 50,000 baht.

Witnesses said the motorcyclist passed the couple who were walking back to their hotel then turned and carried out the grab of the necklaces.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-03

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't people learn stealing is wrong. Being able to buy such items comes with hard work. The reason people still steal is the punishment is way too soft in many cultures. I apprehended a thief while in Singapore by the time it came for me to make a second interview with police to be given a citizen commendation. The guy was serving 3 years with no parole. Tried to deny it was him on cctv & refused to regret his crime no mercy from the judge he also faced deportation after sentence served (result) plus the roughing up he received trying to evade my capture.

Pattaya again. Pattaya must be a sure winner for crime.

A word of advise to tourists - DO NOT wear flashy jewellery that attracts attention. Have it suitable covered up while going out in public places. If they can not see it they will attempt to snatch.

3 minutes ago, johnbarpic said:

Why don't people learn stealing is wrong. Being able to buy such items comes with hard work. The reason people still steal is the punishment is way too soft in many cultures. I apprehended a thief while in Singapore by the time it came for me to make a second interview with police to be given a citizen commendation. The guy was serving 3 years with no parole. Tried to deny it was him on cctv & refused to regret his crime no mercy from the judge he also faced deportation after sentence served (result) plus the roughing up he received trying to evade my capture.

a nail on the head. of course thanks to Singapore for its policies. crime still does exit but it is not rampant.

Turn a 3-iron upside down and use it as a cane...until some idiot steps over the line and does something stupid, whereupon you get the pleasure of showing him your knock-down shot. Graphite shaft is less likely to break than steel, but steel makes a good skewer if it does break.

4 minutes ago, Deli said:

As it seems to be more profitable for the BiB's to clear beaches from deck chairs, this will continue.

it is a vicious circle - you have to open up many layers to tackle it. try banging the offenders HARD and it will work to a great extent.

5 minutes ago, johnbarpic said:

Because these people have a IQ of 2.....

7 minutes ago, johnbarpic said:

Punishment leniency is part of it. But, the core issue is how "something for nothing" entitlement cultures have proliferated disrespect for authority and work ethic.

That type of robbery seems to be going up lately, easy money for the robbers since the police have yet to catch any of them, well not what I can read on-line anyway.

Yes min 1 full year in the slammer for 1st offense, double up on the next one, 3rd= 5years.

I noticed when 2 police men riding on a bike patrol, the passenger police man are on-line on his phone; protect and serve my ass.

14 minutes ago, sahibji said:

Pattaya again. Pattaya must be a sure winner for crime.

A word of advise to tourists - DO NOT wear flashy jewellery that attracts attention. Have it suitable covered up while going out in public places. If they can not see it they will attempt to snatch.

A much better advise would be to stay away from Pattaya until the authorities realise something need to be done to get the tourists back.

Maybe the police could do a better job?

Everyone talking about harsher penalties, that works tosome extent.

The underlying  problem is poverty which leads to addiction and broken homes which produces kids that fail school and then go on to become addicts and or criminals. 

2 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Why don't people ever learn that when visiting a third world country or any tourist area, wearing jewelry is asking for trouble. The lack of common sense is befuddling.  

It is amazing how extremely smart you are, you must have known it all when you arrived here first.

Please don't mention Singapore and Pattaya , in the same sentence....it's like daylight and darkness..

Singapore is pure class, amd the Quality Tourists are in Abundance..

I cannot fault the place...

Totally safe and enjoyable.

As for Pattaya ??? Well say no more.....

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

I feel it is OK to wear jewellery but it should be suitable covered so that it does not attract attention easily.

Talking about the expensive. flashy stuff that attracts thieves, if you're going to have to cover it up, then what's the point in wearing it?  I know there are some who'll hold forth with a rant about their "right" to wear what they choose, so I guess that just makes it a must-have ego booster.  'Seems a bit dysfunctional though.

Why wearing familiy jewelery and Gold Chain in such a criminal Place like Pataya!?

Why no leave that at home ?

Even in Rio de Janeiro you dont walk with that stuff around your neck in the streets!

the Tourists getting more and more dumber!

P.S Pattaya anyway should be ignored from Tourists! Dirty Beaches, Crime on the streets.......etc.

Archived