Amazing Thailand! Primary school girl shows police how to handle a Magnum

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, manhood said:

For more firearms getting their "Buddah" in this country for more i am not surprised a young girl is able to handle a gun but suprised how a police officer is reacting!!!!!!!!

As school boys are trained on army activities and sure arms what can you expect.

So best all of us take their fire arms and lean to clean them properly before us!!

Holding can win it even to through never open.

Some things you never forget.i can still remember how to strip down a Bren 303 and clean it and put it back together again.My best time was about 2 minutes,but i guess it would be lot longer now.Anybody remember the cleaning kit for the Lee Enfield 303.It was kept in the butt piece and it had a 'pull through'
Those were the days.

Was it a piece of 3x2 cloth for the pull through?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

19 hours ago, hansnl said:

There was me thinking a magnum was an ice cream.

But she was cleaning a revolver in .357 magnum!

That just shows arms are not dangerous if handled with care and knowledge.

What are war weapons?

I believe war weapons are military grade weapons. Rifles, machine guns, etc. In the article, it mentions an M-16, which would be a war weapon. Brings back memories of field stripping and cleaning my M-16 with the m203 attachment. Good times?

20 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Childlabor...

kid should do her homework instead of meshing round with guns.

I suppose if the story were about this girl helping out in her dad's drug store, phone shop, auto parts store or any other kind of business you would be heaping praise upon her and her dad. Oh, but it's a gun shop. The sky is falling. She's probably learning more about the real world and getting more marketable skills than she ever would in a Thai school. I taught in a Thai school for almost a decade. Kids learn how to accept anything the teacher says without question and definitely don't learn much of anything valuable in the majority of their classes. Mine being the exception of course. ;)

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Hehehe. Don' apply the same rule to a pistol though.

Well no, not a semi, but a magnum yes..

I did have a .357 Colt Cobra and a S & W Classic Hunter .44 Mag, barrel cleaning was essential, only took a couple of minutes..Getting inside to the mechanism was a different story but still not to difficult..I "tuned" mine too....:w00t:

16 hours ago, madusa said:

Na Rak, a cute little girl. If she learns to shoot well and become a lady bodyguard she would earn good money for her parents. Hope she marries a husband that doesn't drink. Know what I mean?

That handgun looks real big, wonder whether my arm would drop off if shot by handgun of this size.

If you're not used to them it will feel like your arm is going to drop off after firing a few rounds or it'll come up and back at your face if you don't have the strength or you're holding it like Gunner Nancy Boy Graham. ( Aint half hot mum.)

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how up beat, positive and/or  good an article or story is there are always some that can find the negative aspect to it ... even if their is none ... can just imagine how wonderful life must be for these families of the pessimistic @$$ holes

41 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If you're not used to them it will feel like your arm is going to drop off after firing a few rounds or it'll come up and back at your face if you don't have the strength or you're holding it like Gunner Nancy Boy Graham. ( Aint half hot mum.)

I used to have fun taking folk to the range to fire a few rounds from my .44 Magnum, they soon forgot the "films" where the stars were merrily blasting away.

:laugh:

6 hours ago, smotherb said:

When I was in high school--12-18 years old--I was a member of the school shooting team. I brought my guns to school two or three times a week. I all the years my high school had a gun club, not one accidental--or on purpose--shooting occurred. However, in later years the anti-gun lobby got many of the gun clubs removed from high schools.

When my son went to high school, he was expelled for carrying a gun on school property--it was actually a broken paintball gun. One of the teachers saw it in the back of his Jeep Cherokee as it was parked on the street beside the school. The principal of the school was anti-gun and imposed a zero-tolerance gun policy at the school--the state law was no guns on school property. They were making an example of my son--it made no difference to the principal that it was a paintball gun or that it was broken. My son was facing criminal charges and was not going to be allowed back in any school in that county. I talked with the principal and he chastised me for being a poor parent and allowing my son to carry guns to school. I told him what he could do with his opinion.

Trying to save my son, I went through the zoning plans for our town and found the street where my son had parked was not school property. I contacted my cousin, a lawyer, and he contacted the school board. All charges were dropped and my son was accepted back into that high school. The over-reacting anti-gun principal was transferred to another school and assigned as a 6th grade science teacher.

Well, it obviously is an entirely different approach than in Austria or Germany at least, Switzerland too but they're a bit different again as the army-reservists even get to store the assault-rifle at home there.

Although Austria has an old tradition of fine manufactured firearms (eg. Steyr-Mannlicher for hunting or good old GB for a handgun, the AUG never made a big international public i think but it's a fine assault-rifle nevertheless) it's not as easy to get them and can get pretty difficult for sidearms.

No big deal usually if you don't have any rap-sheet but to be allowed concealed carrying you've better had a good reason (jewelry-shop etc.) otherwise no can do. No full auto in private hands at all, well, officially ...

Also the gons are pretty expensive there, i'd say weirdly enough a Glock is more expensive in it's country of origin than in the US for example, however, the sales numbers in general are definitely on an upwards trend there.

Honestly i'm surprised they didn't already try to ban blades so far as already happened in Germany, UK as well i believe. I'd like to see how that works, as any Austrian with the least sense of tradition is carrying, no matter what or where (no incidents worth mentioning at all i might add) - how else would you cut up the Speck (bacon) for Christ's sake ... ;-) 

hunting.JPG

Steyr GB.JPG

Steyr AUG-2.JPG

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I used to have fun taking folk to the range to fire a few rounds from my .44 Magnum, they soon forgot the "films" where the stars were merrily blasting away.

:laugh:

I fired a few lumps from a black powder revolver once. With no wind blowing you had to wait about 30 seconds between rounds so you could see the target 10 metres away.

Hit it once out of 5 shots. Probably luck more than good judgement.

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I fired a few lumps from a black powder revolver once. With no wind blowing you had to wait about 30 seconds between rounds so you could see the target 10 metres away.

Hit it once out of 5 shots. Probably luck more than good judgement.

I could hit sod all with the .44......:cheesy:

roo860

10/10 it was indeed.But i am beginning to think that the cloth was a type of 'mole skin'That held just enough oil to keep the cloth usable.Did you ever fire a Bren? nice weapon but when used on the bipod they used to jump forward.Not to blow me own trumpet,but i was pretty shit hot with the LE 33.I was in the Westminster and Berkshire dragoons and we won the Queen's Surrey cup,back in the day.I was awarded my snipers badge for that.It was a white rifle with a crown on top.Sewn on to the left hand sleeve,just above the cuff.Same sort of place where the SM would wear the crown of rank.

And bloody stand to attention when i am talking to you.People like you always think they can beat the system but it breaks them,and you look,to me like the hard man that wont last a week,and getch yer 'air cut!:w00t:

22 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Childlabor...

kid should do her homework instead of meshing round with guns.

She is learning a decent trade she can do without college. Much better than working for 7/11 or in the bars I would say.

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Any machine can kill you....:smile:....Your car for instance....

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Any machine can kill you....:smile:....Your car for instance....

A machine designed only to kill.

Can your washing machine kill you or your lawn mower?

6 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

A machine designed only to kill.

Can your washing machine kill you or your lawn mower?

Absolutely IF you do not understand the machine.........A gun is a piece of metal, nothing else until it has a munition...:smile:

roo860
10/10 it was indeed.But i am beginning to think that the cloth was a type of 'mole skin'That held just enough oil to keep the cloth usable.Did you ever fire a Bren? nice weapon but when used on the bipod they used to jump forward.Not to blow me own trumpet,but i was pretty shit hot with the LE 33.I was in the Westminster and Berkshire dragoons and we won the Queen's Surrey cup,back in the day.I was awarded my snipers badge for that.It was a white rifle with a crown on top.Sewn on to the left hand sleeve,just above the cuff.Same sort of place where the SM would wear the crown of rank.
And bloody stand to attention when i am talking to you.People like you always think they can beat the system but it breaks them,and you look,to me like the hard man that wont last a week,and getch yer 'air cut!:w00t:

I only fired the LE 303 when in the cadets, we went to a range over towards Liverpool. I only ever fired the Bren in training Regiment. When I joined my unit fired the GPMG, SMG and SLR and Browning pistol, the pistol training was before my first tour in Belfast.

37 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I only fired the LE 303 when in the cadets, we went to a range over towards Liverpool. I only ever fired the Bren in training Regiment. When I joined my unit fired the GPMG, SMG and SLR and Browning pistol, the pistol training was before my first tour in Belfast.

Loved the Gimpy, even a brick wall wasn't any good to hide behind from those things.

Archived