Suspects wanted for murder of Brit in Pattaya believed to be hiding in Sihanoukville

webfact

7 minutes ago, JAG said:

He is a (civilian) politician, twice elected and thrown out of office by a military coup.
Thailand is currently ruled by a junta imposed by another military coup. There have been several somewhat suspicious deaths in custody whilst this junta has been in power, and they have just instituted the death penalty for corruption.

It really doesn't matter how much he is loathed here on TVF, or what he has or is alleged to have done, Interpol won't touch him, it's political. And even if they were to do so, then no court in the free world would sanction his extradition.
Anyway I very much doubt the Junta want him back here. Imprisoned he would be a focus for opposition. Dead ( and the temptation to kill him would likely be irresistible for some) he would light a fire which they probably couldn't control.

"WANTED BY THE JUDICIAL AUTHORITIES OF (Member country-Thailand) FOR PROSECUTION / TO SERVE A SENTENCE"

If thailand issued a red notice for Thaksin...a member country would arrest and ship him back to the requesting interpol member country.

thats how he could be judicially removed from fugitive flight and sent back to Thailand....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, asiamaster said:

Well we can be sure that they aren't in Sinhanoukville now it's all over the news that they are there...

Well. it's on Thaivisa, that's not exactly "all over the news".  A handful of members of a Thai forum will hardly have them quaking in their boots.

4 hours ago, surinteacher2016 said:

This is what I was thinking. Snookyville is obviously where they first went last week. Its the closest thing to Pats. Now that Interpol are involved they will have to stay put or cross a border illegally which is possible as well for anyone determined. They can only live off cash now and the question is what do they do when this runs out. If you are reading this message (dumb and dumber) from Cambodia good luck to you both....

When was Interpol's assistance requested?

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

This whole story is so odd. They kill some guy in broad daylight and with nothing covering their faces. They abscond to Cambodia and seemingly just sit back and relax. What was their plan from the beginning? They don't seem too concerned about being caught. None of this makes sense because no one could possibly be this stupid. We've all seen enough movies to know how to at least make an effort/attempt to kill someone and get away with it. 

Yes , thats how I learnt to do "it" to ...

Theres nothing like professional training.

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

This whole story is so odd. They kill some guy in broad daylight and with nothing covering their faces. They abscond to Cambodia and seemingly just sit back and relax. What was their plan from the beginning? They don't seem too concerned about being caught. None of this makes sense because no one could possibly be this stupid. We've all seen enough movies to know how to at least make an effort/attempt to kill someone and get away with it. 

A lot of people don't realize how ubiquitous CCTV cameras are nowadays.    And I doubt they're kicked back and relaxing in Cambodia.  Probably trying to figure out how to get the hell out of there without their passports being flagged when they cross a border.  If they haven't already beat it out of there.

3 hours ago, localczar said:

"WANTED BY THE JUDICIAL AUTHORITIES OF (Member country-Thailand) FOR PROSECUTION / TO SERVE A SENTENCE"

If thailand issued a red notice for Thaksin...a member country would arrest and ship him back to the requesting interpol member country.

thats how he could be judicially removed from fugitive flight and sent back to Thailand....

Come on - you can quote all the legalese jargon you want, but we all, whatever our political persuasion and views on Thaksin ( and the two go hand in glove) know that they are not going to extradite a democratically elected political figure ( and however much you hate him that is what he is ) to a country run by a junta installed by a military  coup.

8 hours ago, gdgbb said:

But that wasn't part of his plan when he reported his mate to his police security.

I'm imagining he thought that because the BIB were accepting his bribes they would help him. 

They didn't. 

All the BIB care about is their cut. 

He didn't have the clout he once had as his mates were now ripping him off, I'm sure they were glad to know who had the money so they could go and collect from them.

16 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Well. it's on Thaivisa, that's not exactly "all over the news".  A handful of members of a Thai forum will hardly have them quaking in their boots.

To many, a mention on Thaivisa is the equivalent of being the subject of a Trump tweet

They really did a good job of covering their tracks didn't they! :shock1:

For the price of a couple of full face helmets they would at least have a degree of deniability!

Maybe the fat boy could have bought a manly "corset" as well :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, JAG said:

Come on - you can quote all the legalese jargon you want, but we all, whatever our political persuasion and views on Thaksin ( and the two go hand in glove) know that they are not going to extradite a democratically elected political figure ( and however much you hate him that is what he is ) to a country run by a junta installed by a military  coup.

"....just the facts mam..."

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm imagining he thought that because the BIB were accepting his bribes they would help him. 

They didn't. 

All the BIB care about is their cut. 

He didn't have the clout he once had as his mates were now ripping him off, I'm sure they were glad to know who had the money so they could go and collect from them.

"All the BIB care about is their cut."

Yes, but they're not so stupid as to deliberately kill off they're income source, that would make no sense.

"He didn't have the clout he once had as his mates were now ripping him off, I'm sure they were glad to know who had the money so they could go and collect from them."

Is that something that you have information on?

3 hours ago, gdgbb said:

"All the BIB care about is their cut."

Yes, but they're not so stupid as to deliberately kill off they're income source, that would make no sense.

"He didn't have the clout he once had as his mates were now ripping him off, I'm sure they were glad to know who had the money so they could go and collect from them."

Is that something that you have information on?

I didn't say they killed him.

What on earth makes you choose to say that?

They just didn't offer him a lot of protection. 

He's still dead despite his alleged "payroll". 

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I didn't say they killed him.

What on earth makes you choose to say that?

I didn't say that you did say the police killed him, what on earth makes you say that?   "Kill off" is a figure of speech indicating the ending of something that may have been advantageous.

I take it that the last paragraph in your previous post regarding "his mates ripping him off" that I asked you about was just speculation, then?

2 hours ago, gdgbb said:

I didn't say that you did say the police killed him, what on earth makes you say that?   "Kill off" is a figure of speech indicating the ending of something that may have been advantageous.

I take it that the last paragraph in your previous post regarding "his mates ripping him off" that I asked you about was just speculation, then?

His mates did rip him off, did you bother to read the story?

You know the bit where he went to the BIB over 8 million baht.

You know the bit that rates him as a moron on the stupidity scale.

You know, the whole reason this dialogue began.

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

His mates did rip him off, did you bother to read the story?

You know the bit where he went to the BIB over 8 million baht.

You know the bit that rates him as a moron on the stupidity scale.

You know, the whole reason this dialogue began.

Oh, now I see; you meant his one partner who hadn't repaid a loan.  When you referred to "his mates ripping him off" I thought you meant "his mates ripping him off".  Sorry I misunderstood what you wrote to be what you actually meant.  Silly of me.

Just now, gdgbb said:

Oh, now I see; you meant his one partner who hadn't repaid a loan.  When you referred to "his mates ripping him off" I thought you meant "his mates ripping him off".  Sorry I misunderstood what you wrote to be what you actually meant.  Silly of me.

Yeah right, a loan...

His mate ripped him off.

That's what happened, and is always what happens, when someone takes your money under false pretences.

He was ripped off.

Clear enough for you...

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah right, a loan...

His mate ripped him off.

That's what happened, and is always what happens, when someone takes your money under false pretences.

He was ripped off.

Clear enough for you...

"Clear enough for you..."      Haha.

Jeez, wind your neck in.  What is clear is that you don't know, or you are just choosing to ignore, what has been reported.  He lent B8m to his ex-partner, the Briton referred to as Toby when this case was first reported in the press. Accepting a loan is not taking money under false pretenses.

8 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

"Clear enough for you..."      Haha.

Jeez, wind your neck in.  What is clear is that you don't know, or you are just choosing to ignore, what has been reported.  He lent B8m to his ex-partner, the Briton referred to as Toby when this case was first reported in the press. Accepting a loan is not taking money under false pretenses.

His mate/s ripped him off

Took 8 million and didn't pay it back.

That is ripping him off.

Clear enough.

27 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

His mate/s ripped him off

Took 8 million and didn't pay it back.

That is ripping him off.

Clear enough.

"His mate/s ripped him off "    Kenway lent his partner some money.

"Took 8 million and didn't pay it back."   Borrowed, not "took".

"That is ripping him off."       It's called not repaying it.

"Clear enough."             Clearly not.

Hey, you've tried the bombastic "clear enough" (doesn't that need a "?") already when you didn't even have it clear yourself.  The more you misuse it the dafter it sounds.

3 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

"His mate/s ripped him off "    Kenway lent his partner some money.

"Took 8 million and didn't pay it back."   Borrowed, not "took".

"That is ripping him off."       It's called not repaying it.

"Clear enough."             Clearly not.

Hey, you've tried the bombastic "clear enough" (doesn't that need a "?") already when you didn't even have it clear yourself.  The more you misuse it the dafter it sounds.

His mates ripped him off.

They took his money and didn't pay it back. [Took by the way does not have to mean by force].

That is ripping him off.

So much so that the dead man went to the police to try to get it back.

Going to the police to get money he ripped off other people for and then got ripped off him.

What a moron.

Clear enough

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

His mates ripped him off.

They took his money and didn't pay it back. [Took by the way does not have to mean by force].

That is ripping him off.

So much so that the dead man went to the police to try to get it back.

Going to the police to get money he ripped off other people for and then got ripped off him.

What a moron.

Clear enough

If you're trying again to ask a bickering question when you say "clear enough" then, no, you're still misrepresenting the facts.  If you're trying to make a statement with that phrase, then, no, also.

I'll be back later if the mods haven't stepped in, I've got to watch some paint drying now.

2 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

If you're trying again to ask a bickering question when you say "clear enough" then, no, you're still misrepresenting the facts.  If you're trying to make a statement with that phrase, then, no, also.

I'll be back later if the mods haven't stepped in, I've got to watch some paint drying now.

The facts are clear enough.

His mate took 8 million baht and did not pay it back.

That is ripping him off.

Clearly the dead man thought so...he went to the BIB {already made clear what I think of that}

I'd say that was...

3 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

his mate was given/lent 8 million baht

please state the facts correctly

I have, his mate took the money and refused to pay him back.

That is ripping him off.

You know, as in scamming someone...that's why the dead man went to the police.

Archived