Suspects wanted for murder of Brit in Pattaya believed to be hiding in Sihanoukville

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The facts are clear enough.

His mate took 8 million baht and did not pay it back.

That is ripping him off.

Clearly the dead man thought so...he went to the BIB {already made clear what I think of that}

I'd say that was...

Ho hum...you're still trying to keep this going?  Unbelievable.

no

his mate was lent the money

there is a difference in the English language

an act or instance of ripping off another or others; a theft, cheat, or swindle. 2. exploitation, especially of those who cannot prevent or counter it. 3. a copy or imitation.

1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

no

his mate was lent the money

there is a difference in the English language

an act or instance of ripping off another or others; a theft, cheat, or swindle. 2. exploitation, especially of those who cannot prevent or counter it. 3. a copy or imitation.

Okay. You are saying that if he lent the money to his mate and was not paid back, he was not ripped off. Well please explain, in layman's terms, what it means to lend money and fail to receive repayment. Would that not equate with "cheat, theft or swindle" or does one have to have that intention at the time of taking the loan. Pedants unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 03/02/2017 at 7:44 PM, JAG said:

It really doesn't matter how much he is loathed here on TVF, or what he has or is alleged to have done, Interpol won't touch him, it's political. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "won't touch him."  If you mean won't arrest him, then no they won't, because they have no arrest powers. All Interpol does basically is pass on information and act as a liaison between countries if requested. Even if they have issued a "Red Notice" for someone (what is sometimes loosely referred to as an international arrest warrant, although it is no such thing) then as it says on their website, "INTERPOL cannot compel any member country to arrest an individual who is the subject of a Red Notice. Each member country decides for itself what legal value to give a Red Notice within their borders."

On 03/02/2017 at 3:21 PM, localczar said:

How can you know if Interpol is involved? Seems Interpol didn't care about Thaksin's fugitive status while he wandered the globe....but he's not wanted for murder.

Again, not sure what is meant by "didn't care." Once they have issued a Red Notice (which I am given to understand they did) then, as mentioned above that's all they can do, they have no powers either to arrest anyone or to force the country where the person is, to do so. 

Archived