Tip of the day: Don’t go out in Pattaya wearing gold, as yet another foreign tourist is robbed

rooster59

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

It's not just gold their after, had 2 of my friends mugged for their spare cash within a week of each other. One ended up in ICU for several days, the other was a bit more lucky only multiple cuts and bruises. Cowboy town rings a bell.

So did Quasimodo !

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AloisAmrein said:

Pattaya: destination for quality tourists. Thai capital of crime and corruption. Good advertising for TAT.  Tourist numbers will drop further. The best is to avoid places like Phuket and Pattaya.

I already have avoided, permanently".

8 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

There has been a sharp increase in these types of crimes. Could this be a real barometer on the economic health of the country?

It's not often elgordo that I agree with you but this one is spot on target. 

Even the current Mrs Dark Lord tells me the increase in theft and general degenerate behaviour , etc is purely due to people getting poorer. Not often that the current Mrs D Lord articulates  such pearls of wisdom. 

Furthermore we we don't even live in Patts. 

There may may be another less glamorous but equally accurate barometer but likely more on the tourism side; the Sister in Law has a slew of market stalls in Patts and in the recent past trade was so poor that she needed to borrow money from us. She now happily tells us trade is slowly but surely picking up week on week then goes and proves it by paying us back.......

you could have knocked me down me down with a feather guv

41 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

DAAAAAAA

I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to figure this tip out

But testosterone beats out logic  On the Trot men or boys will always want to flutter their feathers in front of Woman it's it the jeans genes 

All they need to do around here, is flutter a few hundred baht notes.... (or is that the logic side of the story?)

14 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Even the current Mrs Dark Lord tells me the increase in theft and general degenerate behaviour , etc is purely due to people getting poorer. Not often that the current Mrs D Lord articulates  such pearls of wisdom. 

Furthermore we we don't even live in Patts. 

There may may be another less glamorous but equally accurate barometer but likely more on the tourism side; the Sister in Law has a slew of market stalls in Patts and in the recent past trade was so poor that she needed to borrow money from us. She now happily tells us trade is slowly but surely picking up week on week then goes and proves it by paying us back.......

you could have knocked me down me down with a feather guv

customer count in nana agogos is dreadful.  lots of girls not bringing home the bacon.

The people that I know who have survived in Pattaya take sensible measures to reduce the risk of being targeted. Don't wear visible jewellery, just accept that this is not the place to wear it. Don't stay out drinking too late ... after midnight it gets more dangerous and there are more opportunists looking for drunk foreigners. If you must go out jump into a taxi immediately on leaving the restaurant or bar. And keep your wits about you at all times. This will lower your risk of being targeted, but unfortunately will not eliminate it entirely. 

34 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

In downtown San Francisco one night after a basketball game, a friend of mine was beaten savagely in order to steal an iphone from him.  His face required reconstructive surgery.  So the moral is what, don't go to San Francisco with a phone?  

You can be mugged anywhere in the world at any time. Your friend was unlucky. What singles out Pattaya for attention is that this is a regular event, and the probability of having your necklace snatched in Pattaya is, I would guess, higher than San Francisco and anywhere else in Thailand. So, don't wear them here.

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

You can be mugged anywhere in the world at any time. Your friend was unlucky. What singles out Pattaya for attention is that this is a regular event, and the probability of having your necklace snatched in Pattaya is, I would guess, higher than San Francisco and anywhere else in Thailand. So, don't wear them here.

I think that if you go out in San Francisco at 3AM wearing a gold necklace you are also putting yourself at risk, especially if drunk.  Depends on the neighborhood.  I suspect these people were somewhere near Walking Street.  That's where I got my stuff snatched by a ladyboy one night.  

37 minutes ago, cheechee said:

customer count in nana agogos is dreadful.  lots of girls not bringing home the bacon.

Afraid due to the current Mrs Dark Lords  travel and visit restrictions, I will have to take your word on that...

:) 

4 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Afraid due to the current Mrs Dark Lords  travel and visit restrictions, I will have to take your word on that...

:) 

my word is my bond.  I know a few agitated bfs who are thinking bout going back  to school to help with the household finances................hahahahahahahahaha!

It is likely that if you are a tourist wandering around Pattaya in the early hours of the morning you are either looking for a girl or boy for sex or so drunk you cannot find your way back to your hotel.  Snatchers operate in Pattaya day and night so there isn't really any safe time.  Best to just avoid the place altogether.  There are bars, girls, boys and drugs everywhere in Thailand.  Pattaya is a poor choice.

1 hour ago, The Dark Lord said:

We you and I are having a bit of a lopsided relationship as most of your posts impress me. I will work harder in the future to gain your love oh Dark One. Glad to see you got the loan paid back. Usually loans here turn out to be gifts. 

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

We you and I are having a bit of a lopsided relationship as most of your posts impress me. I will work harder in the future to gain your love oh Dark One. 

Why thank you good man. You are obviously a man of high intellect and if impeccable culture. We should meet up one day ....

cheers mate!

Archived