Tip of the day: Don’t go out in Pattaya wearing gold, as yet another foreign tourist is robbed

rooster59

11 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Can u upload a photo of that because its fake news what u claiming

U b rong dude, da sign existz.  I believe the sign I'm talking about is on Suk Soi 15 for all to see.  For some reason, I didn't think it was worth snapping a photo.  If you think I'm lying, fine.  But it's real.  

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

U b rong dude, da sign existz.  I believe the sign I'm talking about is on Suk Soi 15 for all to see.  For some reason, I didn't think it was worth snapping a photo.  If you think I'm lying, fine.  But it's real.  

Saw one going onto a lamppost this week on Pattaya/Naklua road. 4 BIB and a photographer. No fake news.

15 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

So the Korean Doc was aware of the problem. Took care. Wore gold. And Bobs-your-Uncle he was robbed. Cannot make this stuff up.

Maybe some quality tourists wear 'non-quality' gold take a few photos and are robbed. Insurance money helps pay for the holiday.

Just saying and not accusing anyone in the reports above.

20 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Maybe some quality tourists wear 'non-quality' gold take a few photos and are robbed. Insurance money helps pay for the holiday.

Just saying and not accusing anyone in the reports above.

As long as we do not blame the actual chain snatchers then i agree with any distortion of the facts.

18 minutes ago, littlepe said:

So many bad happenings in Pattaya - in my lovely village there are no gold snatchings from tourists - mind you, there are no tourists and nobody has any gold.

don't tell anyone where u stay cause i sense many pattaya expats will pack up and relocate to ur village hahahaha

11 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

don't tell anyone where u stay cause i sense many pattaya expats will pack up and relocate to ur village hahahaha

They wouldn't like it here cos there are no bars, no girls, no ladyboys, no cinemas, no good nosh, a 3 day round trip to immigration ......................  blow it - I'm moving to pattaya

49 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Would you care to explain. As I haven't a clue that your talking about. Nor I would suggest anyone with more that half a brain cell. Maybe it's some sort of Pattaya speak?

As a member on here has as his signature ... "I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you"

My guess is that you are young or thick ...  maybe both.

Sorry to be somewhat rude, but hey, you started it.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Would you care to explain. As I haven't a clue that your talking about. Nor I would suggest anyone with more that half a brain cell. Maybe it's some sort of Pattaya speak?

Let's see if we can start your education. The clue is bell ringer.

Pmsl ....Tip of the day should be ... Mentally challenged stay away from Pattaya .....this guy even admits he knew the score but was still stupid enough not to take any real precautions ...: “Before I came on holiday I heard there were cases like this happening every day in Pattaya, so I took care. But I never really thought it would happen to me " .........Mr Chang .... one born every minute it seems ...and they are all headed to Pattaya .

5 hours ago, rodney earl said:

There should be signs put up at all international airports in Thailand but that may put a few tourists off and we cant have that can we.

Plenty of signs everywhere.... hiding behind the signs advertising smile brightening etc.... cause ya gotta look good when your smiling for the obligatory police photo, when the :hit-the-fan:

22 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I live in the relatively safe city of Chiang Mai and even here I would not wear jewellery worth thousands of bahts, or in fact anywhere these days. I would not carry lots of cash with me either.

Last month my cousin in London had an expensive necklace ripped off his neck by 3 black men on the London tube, all happened during the daytime and even with CCT the thieves still have not been caught. Be safe and leave valuables at home when going out, no matter where you are.

What rubbish, why leave gold necklaces home when you go out, where do you wear them then, just around the house. Pay attention of your surroundings and even if you can't fight remember a finger in the eye is a good way to stop a thief.

2 hours ago, malt25 said:

As a member on here has as his signature ... "I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you"

My guess is that you are young or thick ...  maybe both.

Sorry to be somewhat rude, but hey, you started it.

No I didn't you started it by putting in a stupid reply that made no sense. Or at least most peeps would know about.

My guess about you peeps is that you hover in Pattaya and think it's a good place to live that about say's it all really.

Anyone that put's a Joke reply about people having to spend weeks in ICU must be sick. Or even short of some form of life.

The problem with TV is they let idiots get away with those type of things. One of the reasons educated peeps are signing out never to come back. That leaves us with Plonkers.

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

No I didn't you started it by putting in a stupid reply that made no sense. Or at least most peeps would know about.

My guess about you peeps is that you hover in Pattaya and think it's a good place to live that about say's it all really.

Anyone that put's a Joke reply about people having to spend weeks in ICU must be sick. Or even short of some form of life.

The problem with TV is they let idiots get away with those type of things. One of the reasons educated peeps are signing out never to come back. That leaves us with Plonkers.

We don't have much of an education, do we ? I even gave you a clue, "bell ringer."

I'd hazard a guess, my IQ,  education, intellect, common sense, general knowledge & personality puts me well above the plonker tag. You, on the other hand, not understanding my original reply, tongue in cheek, shows your inaptness to understand or even research said reply. Not only slow on the uptake, but ignorant as well.

If you don't understand something, why not ask for an explanation in a civil manner ?

16 hours ago, malt25 said:

We don't have much of an education, do we ? I even gave you a clue, "bell ringer."

I'd hazard a guess, my IQ,  education, intellect, common sense, general knowledge & personality puts me well above the plonker tag. You, on the other hand, not understanding my original reply, tongue in cheek, shows your inaptness to understand or even research said reply. Not only slow on the uptake, but ignorant as well.

If you don't understand something, why not ask for an explanation in a civil manner ?

Ok, Ok you win I give up. Have come to the conclusion that a mere mortal like myself hasn't a chance against an educated person like yourself.

Hold on a Mo: then again you have chosen to live in Pattaya.

Kind of pushes your prognosis of being a highly intelligent individual somewhat out of the window.

I rest my case. 

Just now, fredob43 said:

Ok, Ok you win I give up. Have come to the conclusion that a mere mortal like myself hasn't a chance against an educated person like yourself.

Hold on a Mo: then again you have chosen to live in Pattaya. Kind of pushes your prognosis of being a highly intelligent individual somewhat out of the window.

I rest my case. 

My poor sad friend. Where do you get the idea I live in Pattaya ? If you showed an ounce of intelligence you would look at my profile. Shows quite clearly I live up country, Sakon Nakhon. Small village with my wife, daughter & granddaughter. Personally I think Pattaya is a human zoo.

Archived