Tip of the day: Don’t go out in Pattaya wearing gold, as yet another foreign tourist is robbed

rooster59

42 minutes ago, malt25 said:

My poor sad friend. Where do you get the idea I live in Pattaya ? If you showed an ounce of intelligence you would look at my profile. Shows quite clearly I live up country, Sakon Nakhon. Small village with my wife, daughter & granddaughter. Personally I think Pattaya is a human zoo.

Apologies I don't look at profiles as many peeps lie about where they abound anyway.

Just took it that as your posts were the sort of thing that Pattaya peeps put on, you would be highly suited to living there. 

Might be time to move?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/4/2017 at 4:14 PM, wakeupplease said:

“It is sad that Pattaya is so dangerous for visitors. The police need to do something about it”.

They are haven't you noticed? Its called sitting on their backsides laughing at tourists

Pattaya: destination for quality tourists. Thai capital of crime and corruption. Good advertising for TAT.  Tourist numbers will drop further. The best is to avoid places like Phuket and Pattaya.

Tourist numbers will not drop as the lady at TAT as a magic calculator and it takes care of tourist numbers

Quality Tourists

Sorry they do not come to Thailand

Totally agree.  The thing is last week I said pretty much the same as you and got reprimanded, and suspended, by TV for slagging off Pattaya's Finest and pointing out the Pattaya might, just might, have a crime problem.  I Sympathise with the victims, and yes they are bit soft in the head for parading round the place like a jewelry shop, but Plod needs to be held accountable.  Refund the robbed from the collection box funded by motorbikers that don't actually understand crash helmets are both a legal requirement and prevent death.

5 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Apologies I don't look at profiles as many peeps lie about where they abound anyway.

Just took it that as your posts were the sort of thing that Pattaya peeps put on, you would be highly suited to living there. 

Might be time to move?

Please, tell me that you are NOT an Aussie.

I'll give you another clue.  You posted something about "rings a bell".  I replied with, so did Quasimodod. It obviously went right over your head. It was a humorous,  throw away line. A bit of a play on words. It did get at least one like, so someone did get it.

Try Mr Google. If you have an IQ above your age, you just might comprehend.

2 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Please, tell me that you are NOT an Aussie.

I'll give you another clue.  You posted something about "rings a bell".  I replied with, so did Quasimodod. It obviously went right over your head. It was a humorous,  throw away line. A bit of a play on words. It did get at least one like, so someone did get it.

Try Mr Google. If you have an IQ above your age, you just might comprehend.

Hey guys, my gf ( Esmeralda) has pointed out we are getting a bit off subject here and dangerously close to the overlords (Global Mudderators) issuing punishments to all and sundry........

ps Esmeralda and Quasimodo are linked...........

16 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Hey guys, my gf ( Esmeralda) has pointed out we are getting a bit off subject here and dangerously close to the overlords (Global Mudderators) issuing punishments to all and sundry........

ps Esmeralda and Quasimodo are linked...........

Oh, My Dark Lord, thank you.

For a lil while there, I thought I was the only one on here with a warped sense humor. 

17 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

I am trying to get a photo from my camera roll (iPad) loaded as my picture but buggered if I can make it work. Any advice?

You could always try asking  fredob43. He appears pretty clued up. 

I can sense a yellow or red card coming !

My only suggestion would be to try Forum support desk

Android and iOS App Support

If you have technical problems or general questions how to use the forum, please post here or email us at support[at]thaivisa.com

Cheers.....     Mal.

13 minutes ago, malt25 said:

You could always try asking  fredob43. He appears pretty clued up. 

I can sense a yellow or red card coming !

My only suggestion would be to try Forum support desk

Android and iOS App Support

If you have technical problems or general questions how to use the forum, please post here or email us at support[at]thaivisa.com

Cheers.....     Mal.

Thanks to you Malt25 ( nothing to do with the recent kerfuffle about home brewing by any chance?) as well as to the global mudderators for not red flagging a poor chap needing help or a good man offering it. 

:smile::thumbsup:

ps my MIL comes from your neck of the woods. You might see her on her broom at nights whizzing through the sky....

16 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Thanks to you Malt25 ( nothing to do with the recent kerfuffle about home brewing by any chance?) as well as to the global mudderators for not red flagging a poor chap needing help or a good man offering it. 

:smile::thumbsup:

ps my MIL comes from your neck of the woods. You might see her on her broom at nights whizzing through the sky....

Yeah, I think I see her most nights. She'd be the one with no tail light on the broom.

Na, I don't home brew. Thought I might have been pushing the boundary with the conversation with the somewhat slow one. Topic was getting a bit off track. 

A tourist can be a bit naïve but... as soon as you arrive in Pattaya and observe the decaying infrastructure, the lack of respect for community (littering, ignoring the rules of the road, not stopping for pedestrians), the kind of tourist it attracts... there are signals to be more careful when you're out walking around in the city.

4 hours ago, toenail said:

A tourist can be a bit naïve but... as soon as you arrive in Pattaya and observe the decaying infrastructure, the lack of respect for community (littering, ignoring the rules of the road, not stopping for pedestrians), the kind of tourist it attracts... there are signals to be more careful when you're out walking around in the city.

Have just come back from Chang Mai. Although I wouldn't recommend it. To many tourists and the high prices that follow them. "Traffic"

I must say that they do stop for peeps crossing the road. Also quite clean, well except the Klongs their the pits. And their drains need some sorting, still better than the ones in Pattaya though.

The locals? are also very polite. A far cry for the grumpy peeps that abound in Pattaya.

Alright it doesn't have a beach, but then again neither does Pattaya, well one that's worth it's sorts.

Tip give the Night market a wide berth loads of copy plastic rubbish at crazy prices.

On 04/02/2017 at 3:13 PM, Jim walker said:

Lock up the tourists and let the criminals have the beach and streets seems a good Thai plan 

What a load of Hysteria! Try Madrid,  Paris, London, Manchester.  People get mugged for their trainers in Liverpool.  Pattaya is very safe. 

16 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Have just come back from Chang Mai. Although I wouldn't recommend it. To many tourists and the high prices that follow them. "Traffic"

I must say that they do stop for peeps crossing the road. Also quite clean, well except the Klongs their the pits. And their drains need some sorting, still better than the ones in Pattaya though.

The locals? are also very polite. A far cry for the grumpy peeps that abound in Pattaya.

Alright it doesn't have a beach, but then again neither does Pattaya, well one that's worth it's sorts.

Tip give the Night market a wide berth loads of copy plastic rubbish at crazy prices.

I found CM unbearable, joyless and basi ally a city under occupation with  a midnight curfew being enforced, constantl bad traffic and awful pollution. I'll never go there again.  BTW - Pattaya has 3 or 4 beautiful beaches. 

5 hours ago, The manic said:

I found CM unbearable, joyless and basi ally a city under occupation with  a midnight curfew being enforced, constantl bad traffic and awful pollution. I'll never go there again.  BTW - Pattaya has 3 or 4 beautiful beaches. 

The midnight curfew doesn't happen, well it does but it's 1am. If you want more beer after that they just lock you in and keep serving all night if you require. I didn't sample myself but friends did.

So Pattaya hasn't got any Traffic are you sure??? I did mention C/M traffic, but at least they do stop to let you cross the road. Found the C/Mai drivers very polite.

Re Pattaya's BEAUTIFUL beaches or what supposed to be BEAUTIFUL beaches. Liked your joke by the way.

Last time I was there they all 3/4 of same were filthy, broken glass bottles everywhere, tons of plastic trash, not going to mention the waste being pumped into the BEAUTIFUL one in Jomtien. Get up high and you can see the slick. Hundreds of MT of it. Or take a boat and watch the Turd's floating. Go look might surprise you. Shook the crap out of me.

Have heard that there has been some improvement's now they have moved the boat landing their, you only have to fight the tractors and the oil on the Soi's now.

Re the pollution.

Pattaya I know doesn't have any. That's of course if you cant smell the stench from the Drains, or see the general rubbish that abounds.

Might be time to take off those rose tinted glass unblock your nose, and see what's going on in your fare city. 

Sorry if I alarm anyone, but that's what I found last time I was there.

Tip don't eat the Squid there as they obtain same from the bay.

Some fish might be edible as anything sizeable has died anyway, and is now obtained from markets or breeders well out of Pattaya.

8 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

The midnight curfew doesn't happen, well it does but it's 1am. If you want more beer after that they just lock you in and keep serving all night if you require. I didn't sample myself but friends did.

So Pattaya hasn't got any Traffic are you sure??? I did mention C/M traffic, but at least they do stop to let you cross the road. Found the C/Mai drivers very polite.

Re Pattaya's BEAUTIFUL beaches or what supposed to be BEAUTIFUL beaches. Liked your joke by the way.

Last time I was there they all 3/4 of same were filthy, broken glass bottles everywhere, tons of plastic trash, not going to mention the waste being pumped into the BEAUTIFUL one in Jomtien. Get up high and you can see the slick. Hundreds of MT of it. Or take a boat and watch the Turd's floating. Go look might surprise you. Shook the crap out of me.

Have heard that there has been some improvement's now they have moved the boat landing their, you only have to fight the tractors and the oil on the Soi's now.

Re the pollution.

Pattaya I know doesn't have any. That's of course if you cant smell the stench from the Drains, or see the general rubbish that abounds.

Might be time to take off those rose tinted glass unblock your nose, and see what's going on in your fare city. 

Sorry if I alarm anyone, but that's what I found last time I was there.

Tip don't eat the Squid there as they obtain same from the bay.

A Midnight curfew or one am curfew is still Dreadful. When I was in CM in 91it was far more joyous and relaxed.  By midnight now the bullies in uniform are enforcing closures of businesses who do not want to close.  The air quality when I was there recently in September was as bad as Pattaya at the height of the busy season.  I also found the gormless, bearded top knotters and their craft ales intrusive. As for the beaches around Pattaya the ones between Soi 4.Pratumnak and Jomtien beach they were excellent last week.  The same cannot be said of Cosy Beach.  In CM on the night of the Lantern festival the policing and traffic control was the worst I have ever seen in any city at any festival in Thailand in Decades.  It started to get dangerous at one point on a bridge over the river where there was no evidence of traffic control or police presence. Miraculously plenty of uniforms are available to start shutting the bars down.  I sensed in the locals  a simmering resentment of a bitter people who know they are effectively under occupation and I personally found CM a joyless,  characterless dump catering to backpackers, mass tourism and hipsters.  

42 minutes ago, The manic said:

A Midnight curfew or one am curfew is still Dreadful. When I was in CM in 91it was far more joyous and relaxed.  By midnight now the bullies in uniform are enforcing closures of businesses who do not want to close.  The air quality when I was there recently in September was as bad as Pattaya at the height of the busy season.  I also found the gormless, bearded top knotters and their craft ales intrusive. As for the beaches around Pattaya the ones between Soi 4.Pratumnak and Jomtien beach they were excellent last week.  The same cannot be said of Cosy Beach.  In CM on the night of the Lantern festival the policing and traffic control was the worst I have ever seen in any city at any festival in Thailand in Decades.  It started to get dangerous at one point on a bridge over the river where there was no evidence of traffic control or police presence. Miraculously plenty of uniforms are available to start shutting the bars down.  I sensed in the locals  a simmering resentment of a bitter people who know they are effectively under occupation and I personally found CM a joyless,  characterless dump catering to backpackers, mass tourism and hipsters.  

Have to agree with you on lots of your points. We thank Buddha weren't their whilst there were any festival going on. As might have found the same.

I did find out why C/Mai had early closing it's all down to what type of licence they have.

Some bars cant serve between 2pm and 5 as they only have a licence like 7/11.

Other have till midnight as they also have an early closing one. It's all down to cost.

Talking of costs they still know how to charge, even more than Pattaya's high prices.  

I did mention in and earlier post that I didn't advise anyone to go there. And still stand by what I have put in the above posts. About Pattaya and Chang Mai. 

I do try and be correct on what I post it's up to peeps to make up their own minds on how things are if they choose to venture there or any place.

Please don't get me going on Phuket, Krabi, Ko Sumui. All some 25+ years ago were fab, I can remember the latter as I walked along a 2 km beach like Robinson Crusoe, brolly in hand looking for man Friday the whole beach was spotless & empty of human life. Now sad to say a tad past it, over built and finished as a place to go.

Just though I would mention Krabi & Ko Samui beaches are even worse than Pattaya and that's saying something.

Archived