BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

I’ll kill Krabi coal power plant if elected: Abhisit

I’ll kill Krabi coal power plant if elected: Abhisit

By The Sunday Nation

Former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva promised yesterday to annul the controversial coal-fired power plant project in southern Krabi province if he gets voted into power.

He said coal-fired power plants were no longer needed to give the country energy security and suggested that the government should instead focus on alternative energy.

“In a few days, the prime minister is going to make a decision on the coal-fired power plant project in Krabi. Let me put it straight. If you decide to build it, and if I become the government again, I’ll cancel it whenever I can,” said Abhisit, who is the Democrat Party leader.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30305699

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-05

Reminds me of Tony Abbott's famous comment "Coal is good for humanity". 

Ironically Turnbull, Abbott's replacement as  PM in AUS, was spruiking 'clean coal' after a prolonged move towards sustainable energy last week. 

~

Interestingly, the article above was edited before Abhisit's solution was quoted. He suggests palm oil is a replacement. Like to know more about the sustainability of palm oil apopro of conventional fuels. The amounts required might makes this another dangerous comment from the hip. 

I'm sure that the residents of Krabi will be able to sleep easier after hearing this, not. :cheesy:

"I’ll kill Krabi coal power plant  if elected: Abhisit"

As they say..........

Mark has a point , but one notice's the Junta do live in the past on some issues, coal is on the nose even in China where Prayut's buddies are building 22 nuclear power stations , any gas down that way or can be piped would be a better option, alternative power like solar or wind power is okay until you have load shed then all the lights go out like in South Australia, you need to do your homework with that one.. .................................................:coffee1:

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva promised yesterday to annul the controversial coal-fired power plant project in southern Krabi province if he gets voted into power.

Good. 

Just another politician influenced by the votes of the ignorant rather than acting in the best interest of the country.

IF they hold an election.

I don't think Mr Abhisit will be canceling anything any time soon.

6 hours ago, harada said:

I'm sure that the residents of Krabi will be able to sleep easier after hearing this, not. :cheesy:

if elected, big if !

Could happen by military decry or if other candidates were afraid to run against him.

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"I’ll kill Krabi coal power plant  if elected: Abhisit"

As they say..........

That is indeed a big if but he has a chance. 

So, all of a sudden it's OK for "some" politicians to start speaking up again?

Funny how that works.

7 hours ago, optad said:

Reminds me of Tony Abbott's famous comment "Coal is good for humanity". 

Ironically Turnbull, Abbott's replacement as  PM in AUS, was spruiking 'clean coal' after a prolonged move towards sustainable energy last week. 

~

Interestingly, the article above was edited before Abhisit's solution was quoted. He suggests palm oil is a replacement. Like to know more about the sustainability of palm oil apopro of conventional fuels. The amounts required might makes this another dangerous comment from the hip. 

Palm oil... I seem to recall that a certain protest leader and former deputy prime minister owns a few plantations.

If elected, Abhisit will do exactly what he is told to do. And so will all the other prospective PMs