I’ll kill Krabi coal power plant if elected: Abhisit

rooster59

I’ll kill Krabi coal power plant if elected: Abhisit

By The Sunday Nation

Former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva promised yesterday to annul the controversial coal-fired power plant project in southern Krabi province if he gets voted into power.

He said coal-fired power plants were no longer needed to give the country energy security and suggested that the government should instead focus on alternative energy.

“In a few days, the prime minister is going to make a decision on the coal-fired power plant project in Krabi. Let me put it straight. If you decide to build it, and if I become the government again, I’ll cancel it whenever I can,” said Abhisit, who is the Democrat Party leader.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30305699

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-05

Reminds me of Tony Abbott's famous comment "Coal is good for humanity". 

Ironically Turnbull, Abbott's replacement as  PM in AUS, was spruiking 'clean coal' after a prolonged move towards sustainable energy last week. 

~

Interestingly, the article above was edited before Abhisit's solution was quoted. He suggests palm oil is a replacement. Like to know more about the sustainability of palm oil apopro of conventional fuels. The amounts required might makes this another dangerous comment from the hip. 

Mark has a point , but one notice's the Junta do live in the past on some issues, coal is on the nose even in China where Prayut's buddies are building 22 nuclear power stations , any gas down that way or can be piped would be a better option, alternative power like solar or wind power is okay until you have load shed then all the lights go out like in South Australia, you need to do your homework with that one.. .................................................:coffee1:

7 hours ago, optad said:

Reminds me of Tony Abbott's famous comment "Coal is good for humanity". 

Ironically Turnbull, Abbott's replacement as  PM in AUS, was spruiking 'clean coal' after a prolonged move towards sustainable energy last week. 

~

Interestingly, the article above was edited before Abhisit's solution was quoted. He suggests palm oil is a replacement. Like to know more about the sustainability of palm oil apopro of conventional fuels. The amounts required might makes this another dangerous comment from the hip. 

Palm oil... I seem to recall that a certain protest leader and former deputy prime minister owns a few plantations.

Cancelling coal power plant = he has been well-supported by PTT.

I'd give Abhisit 10/10 if he comes out and promises to cancel the submarine purchase and subsequently launch an inquiry into the sub's corrupt purchase process if he becomes PM.

7 hours ago, halloween said:

Just another politician influenced by the votes of the ignorant rather than acting in the best interest of the country.

The votes of the ignorant? So who decides what is ignorant - the likes of you??

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

Wow he would need a big pair to tackle this. He would have to go up against the triple threat of Prawit, Prayuth and Meecha alias the 'Deep State"

That's why I would give him 10/10.

I don't think he's afraid of those you mentioned - he's only wary of possible others who may be even higher up.

Archived