People warned against leptospirosis infection in Nakhon Si Thammarat

webfact

People warned against leptospirosis infection in Nakhon Si Thammarat

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37TrnSSXOMxzJVsLRezD0hJg

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: -- People in Nakhon Si Thammarat’s Muang district have been advised to see doctors immediately if they have fever and leg wounds after having waded through flood waters following the discovery of several cases of leptospirosis.

Since flooding problem has eased two weeks ago, 42 people have been diagnosed of being infected with leptospirosis and, of these, 19 are currently being admitted to the provincial hospital for medical treatment with three serious cases being kept in intensive care unit.

Dr Kamrop Detrattanavichai, deputy director of Maharaj Nakhon Si Thammarat hospital, said he suspected the recent outbreak of leptospirosis was caused by flooded garbage in the landfill which is the source of a host of diseases, including leptospirosis.

Polluted water from the landfill has spread out of the landfill by currents during the monthlong flooding.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/people-warned-leptospirosis-infection-nakhon-si-thammarat/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-06

one of the deadliest WEILS DISEASE caught from rats urine.

a close freind of the wife,her son who is a rice farmer has caught it and has been poorly in hospital for over a yr.

i have never seen any kind of WARNING about it.

1 hour ago, meatboy said:

one of the deadliest WEILS DISEASE caught from rats urine.

a close freind of the wife,her son who is a rice farmer has caught it and has been poorly in hospital for over a yr.

i have never seen any kind of WARNING about it.

About three years back around Kap Choeng there were very large signs 2 mt by 1 mt telling the locals to be on guard.

many times i have posted the dangers of this,i do know a bit about it.

where we lived in wales there was a big river that ran through the town and every yr.they held the DAFT TAFF RAFT RACE on it.

one of the competitors caught it through an open wound after falling into the river which was alive with rats.

sadly he died.

On 6/2/2560 at 7:38 AM, meatboy said:

many times i have posted the dangers of this,i do know a bit about it.

where we lived in wales there was a big river that ran through the town and every yr.they held the DAFT TAFF RAFT RACE on it.

one of the competitors caught it through an open wound after falling into the river which was alive with rats.

sadly he died.

another death reported yesterday.how many more before they ]gov] take it serious.

Archived