Thai girl lies

Jap Si

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wondering if its the norm to take ex-whores as girlfriends in your home county. Seems quite popular here. I guess "when in Rome" check your brains at the border, everyone else did right?

I can only speak for the UK, but many working girls have boyfriends, although they are unilkely to be customers. Thailand's bargirls tend to be younger, prettier and less likely to be addicted to crack.

8 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Many bar girls can't get their head round a permanent relationship.

You probably did mean something to her, but she was just waiting for you to get fed up (as you did) before she moves back to what she is most familiar with ....

PS is there really a genuine cashier position in any Thai bar?

I thought most bar girls were experts at giving head into relationships.

Hang on, I'm just recovering from all the stabbing and the flames are still hot.  But still some interesting comments!

Yes we are over, yes i stopped giving her money, no I didnt give any money to parents. Maybe I shouldn't have checked her phone, but then again I wouldn't be posting here would I, it would be years down the line then I reckon when I'd be paying for it.

I guess it's a cultural lesson for me, even after treating her like gold a lot and I even purposely tried to be a b'strd sometimes just to get a reaction but she still kept calm. Maybe that also back fired on me...

So there you go lesson learnt, maybe it was about the sex, and god was she f'in good at it....and yes it's boring to you seasoned experts reading all this again, but maybe it's because of you seasoned experts the Thai girls lie so much and need backup ATM just in case huh.

12 minutes ago, Jap Si said:

Hang on, I'm just recovering from all the stabbing and the flames are still hot.  But still some interesting comments!

Yes we are over, yes i stopped giving her money, no I didnt give any money to parents. Maybe I shouldn't have checked her phone, but then again I wouldn't be posting here would I, it would be years down the line then I reckon when I'd be paying for it.

I guess it's a cultural lesson for me, even after treating her like gold a lot and I even purposely tried to be a b'strd sometimes just to get a reaction but she still kept calm. Maybe that also back fired on me...

So there you go lesson learnt, maybe it was about the sex, and god was she f'in good at it....and yes it's boring to you seasoned experts reading all this again, but maybe it's because of you seasoned experts the Thai girls lie so much and need backup ATM just in case huh.

The lesson is simple ... don't take a former whore as a live in girlfriend and expect her to be like a regular girl. There are plenty of decent Thai women, but don't expect to find them in bars or rub and tug joints. 

The lesson is simple ... don't take a former whore as a live in girlfriend and expect her to be like a regular girl. There are plenty of decent Thai women, but don't expect to find them in bars or rub and tug joints. 

Except plenty of men do have successful relationships and marriages with ex-bargirls. They just don't tend to post about it on forums!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

34 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Except plenty of men do have successful relationships and marriages with ex-bargirls. They just don't tend to post about it on forums!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Or is it just because the number who do is few and far between? But seriously, who do you know in your homeland that looks for a long term girlfriend or wife amongst the 'sex worker' community?

Thai women, whether or not they are or have been bargirls, will still see us as stupid farangs.  Now I'm NOT saying 100 percent of them will, but finding the few that won't is like looking for the needle in the haystack.  We are a solution to their problems, be they money or otherwise, for the most part.   For the most part, Thai's seem to think the world revolves around them and all farangs are stupid and there to be taken advantage of.   There are of course, some exceptions to this, but  finding one that doesn't think the world revolves around them may take a long time.  They are out there, but you won't find them in any bar.  The odds are so low that it's almost futile.   It's like starting an Amway business.  The numbers of people who start such a business and never make it compared to those who do make it is HUGE.   One has to be aware of this and realize reality, then decide if it is worth it to keep trying to find the exception to the rule.  If one is into being abused, they turn into a chowderhead and ignore reality.  

42 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

In your own home country would u have a relationship and live together with a prostitute?

Very good point indeed!   One has to be living in LALA land to think having an actual relationship with a prostitute is a good idea.   Sure, they can be fun sometimes, but to think you will somehow change them or rescue them and they will appreciate it and be a good girlfriend or wife is madness, really..... madness.

Just another example of not taking seriously bar girls. Welcome to the real Thailand! Some of my best friends in Thailand are bar girls. You noticed I said "friends." I never once in 7 years of coming to Bangkok, and three of those years living here, did I ever take a bar girl seriously. Just fun for a few hours, a few drinks, laughing, and sometimes I brought them to my room. But that's it. The "Shark" in Pattaya once said to Stickman that he practices the art of "catch and release." Whereby he buys a bar girl for a few hours, and then releases her without spending the night. Sound advice and one in which I practice. 

11 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Until you buy the cow she is well served by not keeping all her eggs in one basket. Sure she keeps in contact with those likely to help her when you throw her out, why should she expect you to keep your promises when no other farang has. Go get her back.

Cows lay eggs now?

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Or is it just because the number who do is few and far between? But seriously, who do you know in your homeland that looks for a long term girlfriend or wife amongst the 'sex worker' community?

No I belive not few and far between but as already said people won't come on here and tell the lynch squad now will they.

9 hours ago, AlexRich said:

So you find a girl let's say working in an office or factory nice girl. How do you know that for 5 years previous she was not working in a bar or in a mas sage paulor. Already been stated by lots (not me) thai's lie for a living. People in here are fixated about bar girls more to this than we will ever know as seems TV posters lie for a living as well.

So you find a girl let's say working in an office or factory nice girl. How do you know that for 5 years previous she was not working in a bar or in a mas sage paulor. Already been stated by lots (not me) thai's lie for a living. People in here are fixated about bar girls more to this than we will ever know as seems TV posters lie for a living as well.

I think there's a degree of envy involved when some men see older guys with attractive younger girls who they are obviously in a relationship with. It makes them feel better to go on the cliched bargirl/prostitute rant!

8 hours ago, lostinataxi said:

Thai women, whether or not they are or have been bargirls, will still see us as stupid farangs.  Now I'm NOT saying 100 percent of them will, but finding the few that won't is like looking for the needle in the haystack.  We are a solution to their problems, be they money or otherwise, for the most part.   For the most part, Thai's seem to think the world revolves around them and all farangs are stupid and there to be taken advantage of.   There are of course, some exceptions to this, but  finding one that doesn't think the world revolves around them may take a long time.  They are out there, but you won't find them in any bar.  The odds are so low that it's almost futile.   It's like starting an Amway business.  The numbers of people who start such a business and never make it compared to those who do make it is HUGE.   One has to be aware of this and realize reality, then decide if it is worth it to keep trying to find the exception to the rule.  If one is into being abused, they turn into a chowderhead and ignore reality.  

Yawn. 

9 hours ago, lostinataxi said:

Neddle stuck. Get out of your bubble and go and have a look at life in the real world not your made up one. We all read a thousand posts a month just like yours who I have no doubt you read on here and tweaked it a bit to make it look and sound like your version of reality and truth. 

17 hours ago, Dale59 said:

My wife was a former bar girl but fortunately I got her out early enough before it ruined her, and that was over 12 years ago. We have been happily married for over 10 years and can't imagine a better mate or life without her. So there are some diamonds to be found in the pile of coal but certainly the exception. I think you had the more common experience. But not all these relationships end up in the dumpster and there are a lot of us who are very happily married to gals from the bar. These girls have no other avenue to find a financially secure husband and let's face it, no matter what a woman's background, none of them grow up wanting to marry a poor guy. (My first wife was certainly attracted to my paycheck and the prestige of being married to someone with a profession). But over time the bar will ruin even the most kind hearted girl. Unfortunately you only hear about the hot messes here on the internet and it likely does represent the majority, but there are exceptions. Does it bother me she slept with other guys for money? No. Let's face it, most of us usually don't end up with a virgin and most western women are well worn when we marry them and usually damaged from prior relationships. I know this from experience! My wife brought no such baggage with her (it's very true Thais view sex much differently than we do and do not place as much emotional importance on it as we do in the west). It was just work to help her family as she was the oldest girl and a stepdaughter at that who never knew her real father, she didn't want to be there and she was grateful to get out. I also got her out of the country quickly and she has thrived in the US and has embraced her opportunities here. Yes it can be a bit awkward with the family here at first, especially if you are honest about her background as I was, but it's your life and not theirs. And after seeing how well she took care of me they came around and now she's fully embraced by the family, and they have a deeper understanding of, and empathy for, the situation most of these girls are faced with. As I am the financial engine in my family it also didn't hurt to remind them how often they have had their fingers in my pocket over the years! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I appreciate your comments. You have summed up life and expectations and sex and family quite well.  Some never learn what you already know and can clearly express. I wish you and your wife all the best. 

19 hours ago, Dale59 said:

My wife was a former bar girl but fortunately I got her out early enough before it ruined her, and that was over 12 years ago. We have been happily married for over 10 years and can't imagine a better mate or life without her. So there are some diamonds to be found in the pile of coal but certainly the exception. I think you had the more common experience. But not all these relationships end up in the dumpster and there are a lot of us who are very happily married to gals from the bar. These girls have no other avenue to find a financially secure husband and let's face it, no matter what a woman's background, none of them grow up wanting to marry a poor guy. (My first wife was certainly attracted to my paycheck and the prestige of being married to someone with a profession). But over time the bar will ruin even the most kind hearted girl. Unfortunately you only hear about the hot messes here on the internet and it likely does represent the majority, but there are exceptions. Does it bother me she slept with other guys for money? No. Let's face it, most of us usually don't end up with a virgin and most western women are well worn when we marry them and usually damaged from prior relationships. I know this from experience! My wife brought no such baggage with her (it's very true Thais view sex much differently than we do and do not place as much emotional importance on it as we do in the west). It was just work to help her family as she was the oldest girl and a stepdaughter at that who never knew her real father, she didn't want to be there and she was grateful to get out. I also got her out of the country quickly and she has thrived in the US and has embraced her opportunities here. Yes it can be a bit awkward with the family here at first, especially if you are honest about her background as I was, but it's your life and not theirs. And after seeing how well she took care of me they came around and now she's fully embraced by the family, and they have a deeper understanding of, and empathy for, the situation most of these girls are faced with. As I am the financial engine in my family it also didn't hurt to remind them how often they have had their fingers in my pocket over the years! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Exception rather than the rule but I'm pleased for both of you... I wouldn't do it but then I wouldn't want, nor do i look for, a gf/wife. Good luck and if you're happy who cares?

5 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

I suspect, like the OP, that information comes out in the wash, when you meet friends and family. The probability of that happening is low, albeit not impossible.

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If I fell in love with her and we were compatible then, yes I would.

Edit. Only if she was an ex-prostitute!

I respect your point.

My concern with an ex-prostitute is that she may have 'moved on' but has she forgotten all the poor attitudes and many tricks she learned and observed, whilst 'working'. 

I'm not personally familiar with this profession but I've heard numerous stories over the years about girls 'owned' by certain bars who had no choice than to steal / empty wallets, etc. If they didn't have 'goodies' to contribute when they returned to the bar then they would be punished by their 'owner'. Or perhaps a bar culture where showing the 'goodies' to the other girls is a 'normal' trophy display.

Whether these activities happen, happen often or rarely I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

Do girls (or working boys for that matter) forget these things?

I respect your point.

My concern with an ex-prostitute is that she may have 'moved on' but has she forgotten all the poor attitudes and many tricks she learned and observed, whilst 'working'. 

I'm not personally familiar with this profession but I've heard numerous stories over the years about girls 'owned' by certain bars who had no choice than to steal / empty wallets, etc. If they didn't have 'goodies' to contribute when they returned to the bar then they would be punished by their 'owner'. Or perhaps a bar culture where showing the 'goodies' to the other girls is a 'normal' trophy display.

Whether these activities happen, happen often or rarely I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

Do girls (or working boys for that matter) forget these things?

I can only speak from my experience, but having married an ex-gogo girl (in the UK) and with a nearly 2-year old son, I'm yet to experience any of the problems identified by so many. But then if my wife was in any way like that, I would never have married her!

6 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Exception rather than the rule but I'm pleased for both of you... I wouldn't do it but then I wouldn't want, nor do i look for, a gf/wife. Good luck and if you're happy who cares?

No I don't belive it's the exept ion rather than the rule. If people would tell the truth there would be a lot more you hear about. Unfortunately people tend to sweep it under the carpet and invent another life for there mrs not saying it's wrong or right but the way I look at things if you fall in love with a girl from a bar  and you marry them, you shouldn't need to invent stories or new lives, to me that means your somehow   embarrassed or ashamed of her. In which case why marry her.

Archived