BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Australian woman dead after colliding with husband's jetski at Kata Beach

Some troll posts have been removed also replies

2 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I have seen these accidents on lakes in the USA. What usually happens is that the riders do not look behind themselves before executing a tight turn. The other jetskier is racing up on one side of them and cannot react quick enough, and BANG. If they are lucky they are not badly injured....sadly in this case it ended badly.

I believe the setting sun blinded them in this case.

Very sad.....but please folks, they are 2 adults using jet skis without due care, you cannot govern everything.

my Grandma fell over walking home on a pavement & yes died, so now we need pavement walking training ?????

When many people come to Thailand from  a western country they too often leave their common sense at home

& partake of behaviour that they would not do at home , so accidents will happen

There wont be any bills for him as nowadays there is full insurance cover to avoid any scams or has thid not yet been implemented?

years ago I came off a Jet Ski at speed and have never got on one again, sadly she has no choice, very sad a holiday ends this way  RIP 

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Oh please, Australia being one of the most over regulated countries in the world .... no thanks.

How about just a little common

sense and acknowledge the dangers and consequences should one collide.

the don't rent this contraptions  to children , adults should know and understand the dangers of speed. likewise for the Motorbikes, considering the driving skills of  local farm boys  best not to use them.   

First this is a very tragic incident off course, and my deepest condolances to everyone concerned.

However, it does seem quite stupid to drive at a high speed when you are blinded by the light. For me that would be a total impossibility.

(Yes, I call it incident. I can´t just call it accident. An accident is something that is impossible to protect yourself enough from.That just wasn´t done!)

If you hire an aircraft, you will be required to do a check flight first.  Why not with jet skis?  RIP Emily Jane.

45 minutes ago, natway09 said:

my Grandma fell over walking home on a pavement & yes died, so now we need pavement walking training ?????

Was the pavement suitable for old people to walk on or was it in a state of disrepair?

I have a 70yo friend who disappeared completely down an unmarked hole in the pavement in Bali. He needed emergency services to get him out and a hospital stay to fix medical issues.

Sure, my dozy mate should have noticed the gap before falling in, but the people who left the hole there should take a large part of the blame too.

Without turning the place into another nanny state there needs to be a certain amount of responsibility by people in authority to save people from themselves.

I'm reminded of the bungy jumper in Patong who plunged into the ground because the equipment was old,  faulty and unregulated. Onus only on the user?

55 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Very sad.....but please folks, they are 2 adults using jet skis without due care, you cannot govern everything.

When many people come to Thailand from  a western country they too often leave their common sense at home

& partake of behaviour that they would not do at home , so accidents will happen

Pavements in asia certainly more dangerous then elsewhere especially for elderly.The danger about jet skis they have no brakes and if u want to change direction the only way to do this is to open the gas.Most do not know this and thay why is dangerous 

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

The same should apply to motorbikes. How many foreigners hiring bikes in Thailand havr bike licences from their home country?

They do have its called money. 

6 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Was the pavement suitable for old people to walk on or was it in a state of disrepair?

I have a 70yo friend who disappeared completely down an unmarked hole in the pavement in Bali. He needed emergency services to get him out and a hospital stay to fix medical issues.

Sure, my dozy mate should have noticed the gap before falling in, but the people who left the hole there should take a large part of the blame too.

Without turning the place into another nanny state there needs to be a certain amount of responsibility by people in authority to save people from themselves.

I'm reminded of the bungy jumper in Patong who plunged into the ground because the equipment was old,  faulty and unregulated. Onus only on the user?

Youse pays your money youse takes yer chances. Admittedly your walking surface should be in good repair by the municipality but being in Thailand these number of years its foolish to take that for granted. 

1 hour ago, DekDaeng said:

Good idea.

Great idea. Here sadly that would eat into profits and would be a non starter and then of course you need someone with an alert attention span.