Health Officials on Alert as Haze Reports Grow in Northern Thailand

webfact

Health Officials on Alert as Haze Reports Grow in Northern Thailand

CHIANG RAI – Health official in Northern Thailand are closely monitoring the looming haze situation, amid threats to the health of people and the economy from the smog.

The Public Health Ministry is now on alert as local residents in Chiang Rai and other northern provinces have reported seeing a growing amount of haze in their villages.

Health officials have reported that presently the levels of small dust particles have not exceeded safe limits but the ministry has started making preparations.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/health-officials-on-alert-as-haze-reports-grow-in-northern-thailand.html

changraitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang Rai Times 2017-02-06

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

It had been pretty good so far, but the burning has begun. And with a burning ban in effect from the 17th I expect a lot of fires in the next ten days.

On my walk yesterday afternoon I really sucked in all the beautiful azure blue sky and fresh air that I could here in rural Lamphun.  It was very enjoyable and soon to disappear until the rain season unfortunately. 

It's still mostly OK, but most evenings now I can smell smoke pretty strongly and it's already giving me itchy eyes, headaches, and a heavy chest. If it gets as bad as it was last year, we won't be sticking around. Either we'll head south, or head home. Chiang Rai is an absolutely wonderful place to live, 8-9 months of the year. It's unfortunate that those other 3-4 months are bad enough for me to consider just moving away permanently. 

Archived