Is getting frequent non O visa a problem?

I just got my second one year non O multiple visa hardly from Thai consulate back home, and I was told by a friend here that I might run into problems or even canceling my visa due to frequent issuing.

I want to know if that could be future problem or not since I am under fifty years old?

appreciate any add on

On what basis did you get  the Non-O ME ?

I already have a couple of NON-O ME visa's in my passport and (almost) every 90 days I leave the country and come back a couple of days later  and never ever have been questioned by Immigration upon returning.

Ps: I have a Non-O based on being married to a Thai

7 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

At first I just told consulate representative that I am early retiree and I want to live in Thailand, then at my second visa renewal I showed them my condo title deed.

Then I understand why it's (maybe) getting more difficult.

The same reason why the Consulates / Embassies stopped issuing visa because of people being Friends / having a Thai GF. In whole honesty, I was issued with one of those Visa's back in the UK a couple of years ago, but now that GF is my wife (officially) :smile:

Edited by MJCM

10 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

I would love to be like you (officially):sad: engaged because I was told rules have changed after passing of the beloved king but I barely made it.   You know the Thais..just great people

That they changed the rules after the Kings passing, that I have no idea of.

I was on a Extension of Stay (based on Marriage) and got my extension at a local immigration here in Thailand after qualifying for it (400k in Bank account for x months etc etc etc etc etc).

Then we moved province and the new province made it VERY difficult for me to get the New extension. Since then I am on a ME NON-O. If they trow another curve ball at me (for example not able to get a new NON-O) I deal with it when it occurs, but the difference between you and me is that Having a condo title deed is not officially a valid reason to get a NON-O ME (maybe only if you go for the 10 Million Baht Investment visa)

Edited by MJCM

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

If they trow another curve ball at me (for example not able to get a new NON-O)

As far as I know you will never have a problem getting Non-O visa as long as you are married to a Thai wife, and for me it is too early to think about it.   I like to deal with things as they occur, because you never know what could happen future speaking.

• Like 1

As far as I know you will never have a problem getting Non-O visa as long as you are married to a Thai wife, and for me it is too early to think about it.   I like to deal with things as they occur, because you never know what could happen future speaking.

True,

But you never know. Maybe Thai elite (500k for 5 year visa) is then the way to go, but that is just speculation. Deal with it when it comes ;)

4 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

Should be ok for a while yet. Many years ago, and I mean many, you could get a multi B at many consulates just for the asking and paying the fee.

This may be my last as I will change to retirement extension      ( not a visa lads, just to remind you ) when this MO finishes.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Should be ok for a while yet. Many years ago, and I mean many, you could get a multi B at many consulates just for the asking and paying the fee.

This may be my last as I will change to retirement extension      ( not a visa lads, just to remind you ) when this MO finishes.

Back to point A in the thread, I just want to say as long as foreigners can prove they have legitimate means of income to live in Thailand which its revenue mostly is dependent on tourism why bother from getting visas and visa runs not forgetting those who get killed doing such useless non profitable and zero security clearance.

as ubonjoe pointed out there is a world of difference between getting a non o visa for marriage to a thai and a non o for retirement, at least in the u.s.

many honorary thai consulates are no longer offering multiple non o visas and you must go to an official embassy to get one.

this has been developing since 2014 and is now well in effect in 2017.

now you are told yo get an o a retirement visa instead of a non o for retirement

in 2010 I got a non o based on retirement from hull englad to come to Thailand  to retire.

that is no longer possible

by the way paedon me for typing all this in lower case as   my left arm is in a sling right now and I can not do capitals using only one hand.

At first I just told consulate representative that I am early retiree and I want to live in Thailand, then at my second visa renewal I showed them my condo title deed.

I'm lost, your OP said you're under 50, then you went on to say you're not married to a Thai (& I'm assuming don't have a Thai dependent) yet was able to get a Non-O ME?

On what grounds did you get your visa?

24 minutes ago, JB300 said:

I'm lost, your OP said you're under 50, then you went on to say you're not married to a Thai (& I'm assuming don't have a Thai dependent) yet was able to get a Non-O ME?

On what grounds did you get your visa?

I reckon they just accepted he was an early retiree.

I reckon they just accepted he was an early retiree.

He'd be the 1st I've heard of if he did,

I can only guess he got it for visiting his gf (though thought Thailand had done away with "Visit Friends" Visas a long time a ago), in which case he will have a problem getting another Non-O until he meets one of the other requirements