32 Balloons to Feature in International Balloon Fiesta in Chiang Rai

webfact

32 Balloons to Feature in International Balloon Fiesta in Chiang Rai
By Lerpong Amsa-ngiam

The Nation

924f595af1e3c29b88f78e67369e5474.jpeg

Rangsarit Luxitanonda, middle, vice president of Singha Corps, presides over the International Balloon Fiesta press conference at Rama Gardens Hotel

CHIANG RAI: -- A total of 32 balloons from 14 nations will be featured in the Singha Park Chiang Rai International Balloon Fiesta due between February 14 – 18 in Chiang Rai.

Red Heart, Love Bird, Dinosaur, High Kitty, Black Sheep, Robot, and Angry Bee are in the lines-up for this year’s competition which offers a total prize money of over BT500,000. Last year’s champion Alain Claude of the US will also come back to defend his crown.

A wide variety of balloon shows will also be included in the event. That includes the light and sound Magic Balloon and the Balloon Night Glow shows.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/sports/30305868

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-08

11 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Has anyone been to this ?
I wanted to go last year ,but i never got round to it.
I thought it might be a good opportunity for a Photo session.
Let me know if it is worth a visit
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I haven't been to the one in Chiang Rai but I have been to the ones in Chiang Mai. 

Best advice, go mid afternoon and stay until after the Night Glow. You will get some vier nice pictures. If you want pictures of the setup and liftoff, head over very early in the morning. Some good shots there too.

Here is an example of what you might get in the evening. It was tethered so it only went up a short way but the lighting was great.

David

balloon.jpg

Not only balloons, but Little Miss JAG and a bunch of pals from school are singing as part of the entertainment.
The organisers have provided a high powered singing teacher from Bangkok (the girlfriend of a "superstar" so I am breathlessly informed), and she is working them pretty hard.

Daddy is pencilled in to provide transport to and from a variety of rehearsal venues; I've a feeling it's going to cost me...

First rate - the "night glow" was spectacular and the children's singing at the concert was great.

Slightly less impressed by the Farang mooching around in the tee shirt reading "*#%¢ everything - I'm single", especially as the11 year old children from my class all wanted to know " Mr John, what does that mean? " Wearing that in public is just plain ignorant.

Archived