BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Thailand approves extension of free tourist visas to August 2017

On 2/21/2017 at 11:14 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes it has been extended to August but they have not posted an announcement about it yet.

I think you need to look at a calendar. The 28th is the last day of the month there is no 29th day this year.

Yes I was a bit confused with the dates there. I meant 28th or 1st of March.  

It looks like Thai Embassy / Consulate in Paris will NOT continue the FREE tourist visa after 28th Feb. and will charge the tourist visa on Wed.

Any input elsewhere?

17 minutes ago, geovalin said:

It looks like Thai Embassy / Consulate in Paris will NOT continue the FREE tourist visa after 28th Feb. and will charge the tourist visa on Wed.

Any input elsewhere?

It was approved by the cabinet but I have not found anything about it on the MFA website or any embassy or consulate website I have checked. I think there will something come out today or tomorrow about it. The Vientiane embassy did not post an announcement about the current one until the 1st of December.

It is was approved for all nationalities so a embassy or consulate cannot decide they will not issue the visa  without a fee.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It was approved by the cabinet but I have not found anything about it on the MFA website or any embassy or consulate website I have checked. I think there will something come out today or tomorrow about it.

It is was approved for all nationalities so a embassy or consulate cannot decide they will not issue thevisa  without a fee.

THANK YOU

I know that you'll inform us as soon as you have the final news.

10 hours ago, wrazoru said:

Can any one confirm if Penang or KL is doing Tourist visas for free now? 

No see this topic. The news got it wrong.

I have a question. I arrived on a 90 day N-O Visa! After 90 days, I want to extend for 60 more days at 1900 THB? After that,

I want to go get a 60 day Tourist Visa in Lao for free during August 2017. That way, when I fly home in October, I will be covered

for a 7 month visit. Is this correct? Thanks for your assistance. 

I have a question. I arrived on a 90 day N-O Visa! After 90 days, I want to extend for 60 more days at 1900 THB? After that,
I want to go get a 60 day Tourist Visa in Lao for free during August 2017. That way, when I fly home in October, I will be covered
for a 7 month visit. Is this correct? Thanks for your assistance. 

The tourist visa is free only for certain countries.
If you are from a country that gets visa exempt status on arrival you have to pay. Is your non - O based on Thai family?

3 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

The tourist visa is free only for certain countries.
If you are from a country that gets visa exempt status on arrival you have to pay. Is your non - O based on Thai family?

Yes, when I went to the Thai Consulate in Atlanta, they offered me both. The Free Tourist Visa or the $80 N-O Visa.

I wanted to get renewable N-O for $200, but they said they could not issue. I will be in Thailand for 7 months before

my wife and I return to the US. What do you recommend?

4 minutes ago, tomwct said:

Yes, when I went to the Thai Consulate in Atlanta, they offered me both. The Free Tourist Visa or the $80 N-O Visa.

I wanted to get renewable N-O for $200, but they said they could not issue. I will be in Thailand for 7 months before

my wife and I return to the US. What do you recommend?

You can get the 60 day extension and then another non-o visa or a tourist visa but it will not be free.

And what is your point 

You expected a FREE visa to visit the country you want to come on your holiday ,just pay the fee ,since your not 1 of 20 countries Thailand want to come and be a free tourist ,sorry that is  how it is for now.

And I hope you have 20,000 Bhat on your person when you try and enter Thailand on your next visit.