Nigerian arrested with "ice" hidden in model boats

webfact

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Wow!

Proper policing by the BIB.

Survey, gather intelligence and then arrest.

On the basis of evidence, not skin colour.

Incredible advances being made in stopping the drug trade it seems.

Well done the BIB.

There have never been any advances in stopping the drug trade...anywhere.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

a Nigerian? Surely not.

I still don't understand why they give West Africans tourist Visa's in Thailand, these people are a plague and the Nigerians are the worst of the lot...I know I work in Nigeria (I must have been a serial killer or a politician a previous life and this is my karmic payback!).

Last thing I want to experience when I get off a plane in Bangkok is a horde of foul smelling West Africa con men and hookers trying to hussel me, last time I was down Soi Nana thats exactly what happened...I can get that without getting on a plane for 13  hours.

Even Dubai has got the message 

https://etimesafrica.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/dubai-nigerians-may-not-have-the-opportunity-of-traveling-to-dubai-due-to-crimes/

http://www.informationng.com/2015/02/dubai-bans-nigerians-from-visiting-read-why-here.html

4 minutes ago, Cracker2000 said:

I still don't understand why they give West Africans tourist Visa's in Thailand, these people are a plague and the Nigerians are the worst of the lot...I know I work in Nigeria (I must have been a serial killer or a politician a previous life and this is my karmic payback!).

Last thing I want to experience when I get off a plane in Bangkok is a horde of foul smelling West Africa con men and hookers trying to hussel me, last time I was down Soi Nana thats exactly what happened...I can get that without getting on a plane for 13  hours.

https://etimesafrica.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/dubai-nigerians-may-not-have-the-opportunity-of-traveling-to-dubai-due-to-crimes/

http://www.informationng.com/2015/02/dubai-bans-nigerians-from-visiting-read-why-here.html

Sigh...

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

''My girlfriend looks like Peggy Mount
What am I supposed to do?
I’m up the creek and never mind the paddle boys
I haven’t even got a canoe''

Half man Half Biscuit

"I love you because you look like Jim Reeves"

Lay off the juice.

On 2/8/2017 at 5:25 PM, Big Job said:

I guess he missed Lagos, got stocked in your house because we don't do that in Lagos.

I don't like to insult people without fact. But FYI. He told investigators that he had swallowed these at a guest house in Lagos and then reached Addis Ababa via Lome (Togo).

I have met a nice and gentle Nigerian  man. He told me he had hard time with Thai Embassy to get his visitor/business visa for a genuine business travel, it is created by people who peddle drugs to the world.

Most Internet financial scam also originated from Nigeria. I am good friend of good Nigerians.

http://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/nigerian-swallows-90-cocaine-capsules-in-smuggling-bid-arrested-1658013

New Delhi:  Narcotics Control Bureau investigators have arrested a Nigerian for allegedly trying to smuggle into the country cocaine after "swallowing" 90 capsules filled with the party drug.

The man, identified as Okonkwoh M Tony, was apprehended a few days ago after he landed at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) from Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa.

He was admitted to a hospital of the Delhi Zonal unit of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). Officials said he has ejected 90 cocaine-filled capsules weighing 1.3kg in two days.

They said Tony had initially misled the sleuths saying he had come to India for business purpose while carrying a tourist visa.

"He was admitted at a hospital and after medical intervention, he ejected the drug-filled capsules. He told investigators that he had swallowed these at a guest house in Lagos and then reached Addis Ababa via Lome (Togo). He was apprehended as soon as he landed here from the Ethiopian capital," an official said.

The officials claimed Tony was supposed to hand over the drug capsules to another Nigerian national here, whom the agency has been trailing.

Tony has been arrested under provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. This is the fourth case of seizure of cocaine by the NCB in Delhi in the last one month.

They said the method of smuggling after swallowing the drug is not easy to detect as it is hard to identify any concealment inside the body.

On 2/8/2017 at 8:19 PM, Bluespunk said:

Really wasn't the point of my post, but true. 

The psychology of drugs trade is coming from a small time user to be fan and to be addict. Then finally he will run out of options for money except selling drugs for someone. And then once the drug business, all connections happens and end up having guns in hand.

I sometime feel Philippines President Duterte is correct, and he knows how to blow up bad apples to save the good ones in country. They cannot be rehabilitated except, if they their families support them to come out from trade. I doubt their enemies will not allow. It is a big mind game. Police often see them as source of good income and close their eyes. Mostly if they found drugs with someone, it is like a jackpot for them, they get lot of money to release them. Occasionally they prosecute in court, if the deal is not fruitful.

10 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

The psychology of drugs trade is coming from a small time user to be fan and to be addict. Then finally he will run out of options for money except selling drugs for someone. And then once the drug business, all connections happens and end up having guns in hand.

I sometime feel Philippines President Duterte is correct, and he knows how to blow up bad apples to save the good ones in country. They cannot be rehabilitated except, if they their families support them to come out from trade. I doubt their enemies will not allow. It is a big mind game. Police often see them as source of good income and close their eyes. Mostly if they found drugs with someone, it is like a jackpot for them, they get lot of money to release them. Occasionally they prosecute in court, if the deal is not fruitful.

Deterte's extra judicial killings will solve nothing.

Mass murder is not the solution.

thaksin tried that here.

It failed, along with causing the deaths of many innocent people.

On 2/8/2017 at 11:25 AM, Big Job said:

I guess he missed Lagos, got stocked in your house because we don't do that in Lagos.

Ready, because you news sure disagrees?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/214547-four-drugs-suspects-arrested-lagos-traveling-china-indonesia.html

https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/12/ndlea-intercepts-n4bn-worth-of-drugs-at-lagos-airport/

I could post stuff going back to the invention of the internet but don't have the time.... other than to say for someone who has visited 46 countries, worked in 12 and has over 20 years experience in Law Enforcement (that's arresting people for actual crimes, not extracting bribes and dashes) Nigeria is by far the worst country I've ever seen for law lawlessness.

On 2/10/2017 at 8:11 AM, NextStationBangkok said:

NSB,

I actually agree,

Duterte knows what he is doing, even if the west doesn't like it, but then the west doesn't live there...

He knows that liberalism and democracy will just result in the majority in his country suffering because of the minority, and this criminal minority cannot be controlled by hoping they will conform to empty threats of sentences, rehabilitated is not an option in such a poor country.

I'm actually am in the process of purchasing a condo in Davao City and the peace and stability his administration over 22 years has brought to that part of the Philippines was a big part of my decision

• 3 weeks later...

It amazes me when a Nigerian or an African is caught doing some illegalities, you start talking about stop giving them visas as if in your country no one commits crime.

when there was a US citizen (a wanted criminal by the FBI) working in an int. School in Krabi was arrested for crimes. You should have proposed that to Royal Thai Foreign Affairs to stop issuing visas to Americans. Stop the hypocrisy. Let the suspect face the justice system period

On 2/8/2017 at 8:17 PM, Cracker2000 said:

They can't because of few idiots stop issuing visas for all Nigerian. We have good, respected Nigerians all over the world so stop your hypocritical approach to sensitive matters like this.

Archived