River Kwai Fishing

Nick0828

I have no personal advice, other than having watched some locals throwing topwaters at snakeheads near bridge pilings.  I asked them and they said they do pretty good on some days, not great on others.  I saw them get some hits, but didn't see them land anything.

I don't recall the time of year, but one hotel I stayed at had some kind of berry tree hanging over the water, and the fish were nailing the berries as fast as they hit the water.  I caught a couple of little dace looking fish (6-8" long) on some corn on a bare hook at another hotel where I stayed in a raft right on the water.

Post back a fishing report if you have any luck.  The place is nice enough that catching fish is optional to enjoying being on the water.

Thanks Impulse. Just going to try cover all my bases. Taking some lures, corn, bread, etc. Read an article written by a guy called Andy Pearson and he was catching a variety of fish using bread. Here is the link of anyone is interested: http://www.gulliblestravels.co.uk/Thailand4.htm . 

Will definitely post a report if I manage to get anything. 

Archived