"Man behind murder of Tony Kenway in Pattaya" arrested by Thai police in Cambodia

webfact

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

Nonsense, he has been involved in boiler rooms for many years, well before his mother died and she was involved in the business also.  Why are you trying to portray him as some paragon of virtue and how come you have suddenly popped up here as a new member overflowing with information about this Toby?

and how do you know this?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Thai police now have power of arrest in Cambodia do they? very good soon be London, Paris and New York then.

So Mr pm was right, the world will be using Thai as the first language the way its going, making big strides now aren't we.

(just 1 thing has anybody told the Cambodians yet)

On 2/9/2017 at 7:25 PM, gdgbb said:

The thing is, though, that contrary to what you claim, most are not "swept under the table" [sic].

Here's a thought, if you pay a bribe, "under the carpet", would that, too, result in something being "swept under the table"?

depends how thick the pile

6 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Nonsense, he has been involved in boiler rooms for many years, well before his mother died and she was involved in the business also.  Why are you trying to portray him as some paragon of virtue and how come you have suddenly popped up here as a new member overflowing with information about this Toby?

No loss. Natural born scumbag. 

This story has gone called ... where are the two hitmen.

4 hours ago, pegman said:

Appearently not arrested. Many conflicting reports. 

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/police-deny-thai-murder-arrest-report-124998/

I think bad copy, poor translation or speed reading may be an issue here. There's no report of anyone being arrested just a report of someone being detained. Add a 'statement' from a Nongprue policeman saying the British Embassy had blocked extradition when the victim's wife showed up hoping to see the alleged killer and an English language radio station reporting the suspect had already  been flown directly to the police station in one of their helicopters and you have the complete, confused picture.

Then again, it could all be yet another case of willful obfuscation on behalf of the police and certain privileged entities that feel the need to be seen to be distanced from the whole affair despite their vested interests dictating otherwise.

All this drama over 8m baht, which seems like chump change if you own 3 houses and can lease a Porsche.. or two. 

The person who put out the hit on him must feel pretty freaking stupid now to get all this attention and possible jail time over 8m baht. 

Probably didn't expect this case to blow over like this. 

19 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

All this drama over 8m baht, which seems like chump change if you own 3 houses and can lease a Porsche.. or two. 

The person who put out the hit on him must feel pretty freaking stupid now to get all this attention and possible jail time over 8m baht. 

Probably didn't expect this case to blow over like this. 

Lets clear all this up now ..? Tony owed 8 million 5 thousand baht of business venture together with Toby and it is believed that business conflicts led to the murder .. Also Toby has a number of business venture here in Thailand / Cambodia.. Plus a cafe not too far away from the gym where Tony was executed .. But still there are two murders on the loose also it didn't help that  Toby enter Cambodia without any passport or identification plus working illegally in Cambodia and was arrest at a cafe at the International Airport in Phnom Penh on the 15th. He is now being questioned how he enter Cambodia by the immigration police.. Also RTP  and  court's capacity, That the department of the Interior Ministry to investigate and implement procedures nothing more at this stage to go by so far and Cambodia Police Department investigation and procedures Ministry of suspects presented to represent the prosecution for questioning procedures ..So all the RTP have is probable grounds for murder from my understanding .. also if found guilty by a court in Cambodia , he must serve the term of his punishment in Cambodia. Also after completing his sentence, he would be immediately deported from Cambodia if there was no request for his extradition from Thai police, It was  also falsely reported on Saturday that Cambodian authorities were expected to hand over Mr. Nelham to Thai authorities, with Cambodian police denying knowledge of the report on Sunday. Thai police had sought help from their Cambodian counterparts to hunt down several foreigners suspected of being involved in the murder of Mr. Kenway after they reportedly fled to Cambodia.

On 2/10/2017 at 5:37 AM, Factfinding said:

Nothing dark about the restaurant. Popular, good. At least he genuinely worked for his money,

Restaurants and Bars and other cash businesses are commonly used as money laundering places.  If a person sells drugs or gets illegal booking money, cash businesses are ways to get the monies back into circulation, deposited in their banks, etc.

5 hours ago, LandOfWiles said:

New story published in the PP Post.

Summary:

Nelhams has been charged with five offences in Cambodia, all related to staying/entering illegally. Nelhams and Turner apparently frequented the bar which Abel Caldeira previously worked. 

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/alleged-killer-frequented-capital-bar

I note that it is claimed he entered Cambodia without a passport? I'd guess he has his passport tucked away somewhere for his escape? 

17 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I note that it is claimed he entered Cambodia without a passport? I'd guess he has his passport tucked away somewhere for his escape? 

Yeah, I am not sure why he did that given it is so easy to get a longterm visa in Cambodia. He likely wanted to remain completely anonymous for whatever reason but it looks like it has backfired. Prey Sar prison seems a long way off the helicopter ride that Factfinding was boasting about. He could spend up to three years imprisoned in Cambodia according to another report that I read. The article also shows a direct link between Caldeira, Nelhams and Turner which will make the prosecution's job easier if he is ever brought to trial in Thailand. Though justice seems arbitrary here and can easily be bought, the fact that his restaurant was closed down suggests he might not have any high-profile friends in Thailand. 

25 minutes ago, LandOfWiles said:

Yeah, I am not sure why he did that given it is so easy to get a longterm visa in Cambodia. He likely wanted to remain completely anonymous for whatever reason but it looks like it has backfired. Prey Sar prison seems a long way off the helicopter ride that Factfinding was boasting about. He could spend up to three years imprisoned in Cambodia according to another report that I read. The article also shows a direct link between Caldeira, Nelhams and Turner which will make the prosecution's job easier if he is ever brought to trial in Thailand. Though justice seems arbitrary here and can easily be bought, the fact that his restaurant was closed down suggests he might not have any high-profile friends in Thailand. 

Maybe his 'high profile friends' are the ones that closed the restaurant down? A dead cow can't give milk.. 

A locked up Toby would have trouble making wire transfers, I'd assume.. so let's close his place down, make off with any valuables, sell the rest and put it back on the market. That's how real 'high profile people' operate... I imagine

Archived