Bike insurance whats good company?

Xaos

Hi, got Ducati 821, first year was free insurance, came with bike. It just runs out.

I want change it as its got 30k excess, I recentely dropped bike broke both break levers and bent exhust, had to pay 30k to get it fixed.

And they take forever to get paperwork sorted.

Anyone knows any reliable big bike insurance company?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Thailaw said:

I have insurance on my CTX and my Forza with Viriyah Insurance. Pleased with the service and the price.

Please share on year covered,  service and cover costs for what.

Where l live they won't cover big motorcycles maybe they have changed there position.

Please share on year covered,  service and cover costs for what.
Where l live they won't cover big motorcycles maybe they have changed there position.

Variyah agents will. But not Varyiah directly. Agents gets special deal

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, Xaos said:

Variyah agents will. But not Varyiah directly. Agents gets special deal

I have my insurance directly with Viriyah, not through an agent.  They will provide 1st class insurance for both of my bikes (recent change in company policy, I think), but, as I recall, it is pricey, around B20,000 per year for each (I don't recall the deductible), which is more than I pay for each of my cars, with a much lower deductibles on the cars. I have "3rd class" insurance on both of my bikes, which covers only 3rd party liability; no coverage for theft of my bike or damage to my bike -- I "self insure" that. I pay less than B1,500 per year for each bike (it started at just under B2,000, but has reduced over 3 (Forza)/2 (CTX) years due to "no claims"), which to me is a bargain. I just renewed the CTX insurance for B1,212; the Forza insurance renews next month at a similar premium. Both my bikes stay in a locked garage every night, with a locked and secure perimeter wall, and I put less than 3,000 km on each bike per year, so not heavy use. Under those circumstances, 3rd class insurance on my bikes works well for me. If you are in Pattaya, the Viriyah office (small blue sign, with a gold emblem) is on the west side of Sukumvit Road, directly across from the new entrance to Route 7 to Bangkok, about 1 km south of Pattaya Nua. Nice people and their English is passable (phone 086 619 0228).

Viriah.jpg

• 2 months later...

My FZ09 has been insured (central BKK) with Viriyah since I bought it new for cash in May 2014. First-class cover; THB 10,000 excess. No claims. Premium gone down a bit each year and last time around was 17,000 something. Today they ring me and say "your bike insurance runs out end May. Your bike will be 3 years old. We won't give you full coverage now only third-class". No real idea why. The girl kept banging on about the bike being more than 3 years old and that "there are many claims with the FZ". Maybe, but not by me. Anyway no point debating with the messenger. I'd have more luck teaching a chicken to play the piano. I simply said that it didn't make me very happy and I'd advise people considering first-class insurance to look at options other than Viriyah. 

My FZ09 has been insured (central BKK) with Viriyah since I bought it new for cash in May 2014. First-class cover; THB 10,000 excess. No claims. Premium gone down a bit each year and last time around was 17,000 something. Today they ring me and say "your bike insurance runs out end May. Your bike will be 3 years old. We won't give you full coverage now only third-class". No real idea why. The girl kept banging on about the bike being more than 3 years old and that "there are many claims with the FZ". Maybe, but not by me. Anyway no point debating with the messenger. I'd have more luck teaching a chicken to play the piano. I simply said that it didn't make me very happy and I'd advise people considering first-class insurance to look at options other than Viriyah. 

Varijah dont do bike insurance anymore. Thats what they told me.
Recentely they discontinued it.

My bike still no insurance.

I droped it in january. Claimed insurance. Fixing price was 90k.

Paid 30k excess.

Aftet that it runs out so i tried renew it and Southeast asia said they will not renew it b cuz i had claim.

I think will get Msig. With 30k excess

Not much options.

Thaisri is a option but garage repais not dealer.

Update.

Ducati guy managed to insure it with Viriyah. They best company around.

Paid 24k year and 10k excess

Everyone else and I quoted all of them were more per year with most expensive 40k. And every excess was 30k.

I had Variyah for Benz and was very good too. With spare car and insured alloys.

Archived