Old lady pays with her life for ignoring barrier at level crossing in Hat Yai

webfact

Old lady pays with her life for ignoring barrier at level crossing

5a.JPEG

Picture: Manager Online

HAT YAI: -- Our picture this morning shows why it is a good idea to obey the flashing lights and barriers at level crossings.

A 70 year old woman decided ignore the warnings and traverse the crossing on her motorcycle in Hat Yai yesterday. Horrified bikers waiting patiently at the barrier yelled at her to say the train was coming. But she did not heed their urgent shouts.

The Padang Besar to Hat Yai train hit Wanna Saopetch killing her instantly. Her body was thrown just a few meters but her Honda Wave was dragged 300 meters down the track before the train was able to stop, reported Manager Online.

Wanna was a local in the Ban Pru area and sold vegetables at the market in the town in Songkhla province.

Eyewitnesses told police that there were five motorcycles waiting at the barrier. The lady arrived and zig-zagged her way past the barrier

and onto the track. People called out that the train was coming but she carried on regardless and was killed in front of their eyes.

The train was undamaged and later continued on its way to Hat Yai city.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-10

just so stupid...i know people are supposed to be compassionate when someone dies...but can you imagine who much chaos this woman must have created throughout her life if she behaves in such a stupid and irresponsible manner?  i'm sure there are lots and lots of people thinking, "i'm not surprised..."

1 hour ago, DekDaeng said:

And on Darwin Day

No doubt too old to contribute to the gene pool.  So not a Darwin Award candidate. 
I find it hard to fathom, but see the same stupidity all the time, be it crossing a rail line when the lights on flashing or pulling out onto the main road from a soi without looking for oncoming traffic.  Some people just don't bother to look.  Keep engaging in that type of suicidal behavior and eventually the odds in your favor run out.

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Maybe she suffered from dementia, hardly stupid then is it!

Actually the replies are totally in keeping with the modern trend to slam old people for whatever reason can be found and to care not a jot about human life. Sad really.

F4UCorsair

Hi,the weight thing was only a over exaggeration,but i bet it felt like that when it hit her.that's if she felt anything at all.I dont know what sort of train it was,Freight or passenger.Ive seen some trains carrying huge great pipes of metal.Ive seen trains carrying trains. Sadly, i was sacked from the circus,due to my inability as an 'I guess your weight' performer.So,i really wouldn't rely upon my estimation of the train that killed the old girl. If you ever find out,i would be very interestead to know.:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Maybe she suffered from dementia, hardly stupid then is it!

Actually the replies are totally in keeping with the modern trend to slam old people for whatever reason can be found and to care not a jot about human life. Sad really.

Actually what annoys me somewhat is somebody who edits a post after you have replied to it

I will now reply to your two line edit

I dont agree with it in any shape or form, you are just making it up aren't you

2 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Actually what annoys me somewhat is somebody who edits a post after you have replied to it

I will now reply to your two line edit

I dont agree with it in any shape or form, you are just making it up aren't you

There must have been seconds between me doing my edit and you posting, I didn't read your reply before editing.

And no, I'm not making it up, I'm quite serious.

3 hours ago, HomeinThailand said:

Deepest sympathy goes to the family.  No one needs to go like this. 

We can all armchair quarterback every situation we read about or see.  We were not part of it nor do we know the exact state of mind or thoughts that were going through her head.

Exactly how much evidence do you need to assess a situation, this is as clear cut as you will see

Whatever her state of mind, or her immediate thoughts just before her self inflicted demise, did not include self preservation in any sense

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Perhaps a lady of her advanced age was deaf, so didn't hear the train or warnings ?   R.I.P. 

You use your eyes not your ears to see the barriers are down, and then to negotiate your way around the other moto cyclists

Any other bright suggestions

10 hours ago, oldlakey said:

You use your eyes not your ears to see the barriers are down, and then to negotiate your way around the other moto cyclists

Any other bright suggestions

"Any other bright suggestions"

Certainly  ...  try to show more compassion for the elderly, you might be lucky enough to live that long yourself ! :jap:

Archived