Tourists in Samui fined for not wearing motorbike helmets by a fake policeman

webfact

Tourists in Samui fined for not wearing motorbike helmets by a fake policeman

fake_police_Samui.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- Tourists on motorbikes in Bangrak, a popular area of Koh Samui, are being pulled over for not wearing helmets by a member of the public posing as a police officer.

The man, who has been charging helmetless westerners 200 baht each, has been seen wearing a fake FBI badge.

One local ex-pat resident told the Samui Times “this scumbag is giving the police in Samui a bad name” he needs to be stopped.

It is unclear if the local legitimate police are currently looking into this case.

Source: http://www.samuitimes.com/tourists-samui-fined-not-wearing-motorbike-helmets-fake-policeman/

samuitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Samui Times 2017-02-10

34 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

'It is unclear if the local legitimate police are currently looking into this case.'

They are probably asking him for a few tips on how to do the job. 

Maybe he is a legitimate policeman moonlighting as a fake policeman because he can't make enough during normal working hours. Domestic monetary demand could drive some to do this.

Well if people followed the law of wearing helmets it would not be a problem....(also seat belts in vehicles) 

Wear helmet 100%, posted all around the island....

There are road side checks around the island just about everyday in various locations.... so very simple really to avoid legit Police or "fake police" and not be fined!

:coffee1:

14 minutes ago, Dodgydownunder said:

This man is brilliant. Not only showing his great entrepreneurial skills but providing a much needed social and safety service too. This man should run for PM in the next election.

Sorry to hear you are dodgy down under , I take Dermaheu for it , spots now gone.   I digress. If  westerners are getting fined for being without helmets that is more then fine with me , up here in the real north ( not Chiang Mai ) a few of us say any ferlung who rides around without a hat has to be a sausage short of a full English breakfast.

I think the most ignorant people are the motorcyclists that ride a bike with a helmet on, but dont do it up. Yeah great, you wont get stopped by the police but its not really going to be able to do its job when your head is banging off the road and your helmets bounced off into the lake.

A few idiotic troll posts removed...!

Real helmet checks do not discriminate between locals and farangs...  As many people in Nathon found out today.... and yesterday in Maenam. 

There is always a group of police wearing orange safety vests and their brown uniforms and making sure no one turns off the road where the checks are...

Same anywhere in Thailand from what I have seen.

22 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Anyone who parts with 200 baht to a person with an FBI badge deserves what they get.. or lost.

Correct!!!   People of this stupidity should not be given a passport and allowed to travel as they are a dangerous to themselves.

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

And I find this extra funny that someone often watches a web cam of a Family mart at an intersection. You can get BBC via a VPN.

Those webcams can be the best way of guaging road conditions prior to leaving home in the absence of reliable local updates.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived