Change to non o visa

Im on a 60 day tourist visa and will be starting the process to get a retirement visa. My understanding is I first need to convert my visa to a Non Immigrant O visa. I have read i can not do this in pattaya but will need to do this in Bangkok only

Is this accurate? Secondly, I plan on using a letter of income from my US embassy instead of having 800k in bank. Since Ill be in Bangkok to get the O visa i was planning on getting the letter there as well. Lastly, i will apply for my retirement visa in pattaya as that is where i will have my lease contract. Does all this sound correct?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

They can now change you to a Non Imm O VISA in Pattaya. No more waiting/going to Bangkok. This using an agent. I'm not sure when trying to do it yourself. You may succeed. I hope so and God Bless You. If not, you can figure anywhere from 16,000.Baht up to 28,000.Baht for an agent to do it for you, not including the Multi ReEntry permit. The lease part isn't required if you use an agent or they might just have one on hand/computer you never know about. Don't forget some photographs. 

You can do the change at Jomtien immigration in Pattaya.  

To do the change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry you will have to have the consular officers signature on the income affidavit verified by the department of consular affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

Map is here. Department of Consular Affairs 

Procedure and more info is here. http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/images/text_editor/images/Chart EN.png