Thai Navy to the rescue as massive rubbish slick creeps north

webfact

The issue is not can we clean this rubbish up, but who will pay for it .........  it needs the will to do so first. On land, responsibility is more clear, at sea, you can be the sucker who cleans up for everyone else.

On 2/10/2017 at 2:49 PM, xtrnuno41 said:

Just 2 weeks ago, i saw documentary about plastic. IN which was told we dump  8 million tons/year of plastic in the oceans !!

So question is, who the <deleted> is doing that?! I guess it must be some criminal (mobs) organizations, getting rich on waist disposals.

As 8 million tons !!! every year !!! IT is not just a plastic bag . Can you imagine the volume of it ?!

There are very big islands of plastic floating in the oceans, but ok no one seems to care and start investigations.

Maybe this one is from Koh Samui, as their incinerator broke down and of course not being fixed. Or did  they now?

Walk around Bangkok and look at the trash floating around the klongs on its eventual way to the sea.  It's not a tough one to figure out if you multiply that by the number of klongs all dumping into the GOT.  I'm surprised it's not in the news every day.

49 minutes ago, impulse said:

Walk around Bangkok and look at the trash floating around the klongs on its eventual way to the sea.  It's not a tough one to figure out if you multiply that by the number of klongs all dumping into the GOT.  I'm surprised it's not in the news every day.

And down south we've just had a hideously wet January that's flushed everything out of the drains, klongs, creeks and rivers - even rubbish dumps and landfills. So yes, no surprises at all that there's a humongous trash island floating around, I'm sure there's a few more out there too.

Archived