Thai transsexual Facebook idol apologise Myanmar over Shwedagon Pagoda uproar

webfact

Thai transsexual Facebook idol apologise Myanmar over Shwedagon Pagoda uproar
By The Nation

fcc4a34f52537c2c9713f1b4e005fca1.jpeg

Nisamanee Lertvorapong (photo from her Facebook wall)

A Thai transsexual Facebook idol has triggered an uproar among Myanmar Facebook users by wearing “too revealing” dress when she visited the Shwedagon Pagoda considered to be sacred by Myanmar people.

Nisamanee Lertvorapong in Thai dress, which is modified to be stapless-like dress and to reveal a lot at the top and have high cut at the bottom, has visited the pagoda and posted for photos that have been posted on her Facebook page. Her Facebook page is being followed by over 700,000 followers.

She also made a Facebook Live from the pagoda during which she talked tongue-in-cheek that it was made of the gold robbed from Thailand during the Ayutthaya period.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30306083

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-10

You gotta love the way people take in each other's washing. Myanmar people get to draw attention to their religious icon and major tourists attraction and the ladyboy idol gets to star outside her Facebook fanbase. It is a win-win all around.

From the Coconuts article.....

"I admit I wasn't careful at all times. I was sitting in the corner because I was really tired, and I thought no one would see me. The skirt was long and thick, so I opened it up to let the air in. I didn't think someone would take a photo,” she said.

So, it wasn't actually an ad for Burma shave.....:coffee1:

Archived