Confusion reigns as murdered Briton's wife heads to the police station

rooster59

Just now, SparklingCascades said:

Does wife get to keep 3 homes & luxury cars or can someone sell it and return money to people this dead farang scammed.

Lady Esaan needs to go back and grow rice in Esaan - not live off money her husband stole.

How would anyone know who he scammed, do you think scammers call victims and identify themselves and their location?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that it's a long shot,but is there anyway in which the wife could be,in anyway,a person of interest? Its wouldn't be the first time.I'm just reflecting upon the example of the last lady who paid an assassin to do a job on the husband.With the amount of money (and thats what has been estimated,it could be millions more)involved here,its enough to turn any Thai girls head.were they really the happily married couple?I,also don't see how the UK can block the extradition.Surely they don't have any influence over Thailand and Cambodia.

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

"Confusion Reigns", Finally a factual headline.

I have followed this story with great interest, not so much the story itself but the life the story has taken on. George Orwell (1984) would be proud. Speculation and opinion being quoted as fact, Contradictory stories released by the Thai police and media sites, and plain everyday people making sh*t up.

Everyday there is a different version of this story, based on other non factual stories, speculation, opinion etc etc.

Lets just look at tony's jobs/businesses so far.

Programmer, website designer, website business owner, Gambling website owner, designer, partner, restaurant owner, boileroom owner partner operative, philanthropist and charity worker, luxury car importer, IP telephone system business .

Some of Tony's alleged crimes.

A criminal record and wanted in UK and Spain, Boiler room crimes in Spain and Thailand, Work permit crimes in Thailand, employing illegals in Thailand. Owed money to, or was owed money by associates in all of the above activities.

Pick any of the above, or add your own, make up a speculative story, and next week it will be quoted as fact. 

"I have followed this story with great interest, not so much the story itself but the life the story has taken on. George Orwell (1984) would be proud. Speculation and opinion being quoted as fact,  ..."

You are talking about the infamous Ko Tao case, are you?

5 hours ago, smew said:

UK will stop extradition Thailand has death penalty.

That's not the case, not so long ago the UK extradited a British boxer (?) to Thailand to face a murder charge in which he was found guilty. 

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

She is probably set for life now having  3 properties and THE RED PORSCHE  LOL

Its clear she has little class Not even dressed in black flashing a Louis Vuitton Bag  and showing off her bling

This girl shows little class  or mourning 

The Porsche could have been leased through his company. This would keep his profile down and reduces requirement to launder money to pay for purchase. This (allegedly) is not an uncommon practice in Pattaya.

3 hours ago, gios50hk said:

Mrs Kenway wants 'justice' for her husband ...LOL! What about 'justice' for all the victims of her scumbag husband and his 'partners'/ Of course nobody ever considers the victims though do they!

Given that the guy is deceased, I'd say that the victims got the ultimate in justice.:wai:

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

When she emerged she said she had hoped to see Toby but he was still in Cambodia. She said that she wants justice for her husband and wants to see Toby face trial in Thailand.

I am afraid those things don't go hand in hand.  Being on trial in Thailand and getting justice is very rare.

On 2017/2/10 at 4:46 PM, action said:

Why does every single report on this story have to mention  "red Porsche Cayenne"??

For the benefit of those who are color blind.

Second reason not everyday a Brit got shot sitting in a red Porsche Cayenne. British being class conscious nation this will reflect on their social status.

News reporting in Thailand is still in its infancy stage. They need to write in plain simple English so that everybody can understand them.

22 hours ago, Canceraid said:

Should not the police also seize all the assets of this thai lady until it can be determined whether it was legally gotten?

Other than money she can offer something that is difficult to turn down. That photo is her without her make-up. With make-up on you may have a bit of problem there, your testosterone may high jack your decision.

By looking at her photo i have already check out her asset. Good figure she has.

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

If I were her, I'd try to be as quiet as a church mouse and don't make too much noise

as the people who did her hubby might get angry enough at her and her high profile

and might conceder harming her too, we know that those guys have the means

and balls to kill people for a mere money dispute....

Yes, I think she didn't get the message. Because of the millions that she hides that will allow her a happy life even without her husband, she should really really be quiet !

22 minutes ago, abab said:

Yes, I think she didn't get the message. Because of the millions that she hides that will allow her a happy life even without her husband, she should really really be quiet !

I think you will find she probably had no idea what her husband was up to.

She would be gutted because her lifestyle as she knew it has just finished, even if she get's to keep the four houses.

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Or maybe someone from the British Embassy reminded the Cambodian police that there will be an extradition procedure to be followed before someone can be extradited. Rather than just a phone call from some senior police officer from a neighboring country asking for it.

Most countries require a court to grant extradition and, shock horror, most courts want to see some firm evidence before doing so.

Right, I read somewhere else that he will be arriving in Thailand today so how do you think it worked out ?

Did they do a full extradition hearing in one day :whistling:

8 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Wrong! Its not a question of influence, just a common Part of international Law.The british Foreign ministery can apply for extradition. There was many Case in the past witch were succsessful. In Cambodia and Thailand. So i guess, you lack of knowledge.

I see, how come he's reported to be arriving back in Thailand today ? :shock1:

When I get introduced to new people, which is quite often as I have a large circle of friends, invariably people ask me what I do in Thailand, I tell them that I am a speculator, that usually piques their interest and they inquire as to whether I speculate in stocks or bonds, precious metals, currencies etc.

Unfortunately I have to let them down gently and explain that I join in with 1000's of other "No Idea" members on the ThaiVisa forum concocting the most outlandish theories on all the latest murders, kidnappings, accidents etc etc with absolutely no information other than rumour and gossip & badly written press stories.

This is my first and hopefully my last post on this particular subject :jap:

...sorry but this seems too 'open and shut'.....

..this guy was a dollar millionaire....???

...so why would he risk his life for 8 million baht...???

...228,115.200 US Dollars.....

...does not make sense...

,,,he was done in...then a convenient 'explanation' appeared...???

...gotta ask about all of his assets if they were ill-gotten....

...and life insurance....

One of the local English language radio stations reported yesterday that this Toby character had been flown directly to Nongprue police station in one of their helicopters.

Doubt that there would be any worries with extradition since he's only 'helping police with their enquiries' as the UK media would say. AFAIK, nobody has been charged yet.

51 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

When I get introduced to new people, which is quite often as I have a large circle of friends, invariably people ask me what I do in Thailand, I tell them that I am a speculator, that usually piques their interest and they inquire as to whether I speculate in stocks or bonds, precious metals, currencies etc.

Unfortunately I have to let them down gently and explain that I join in with 1000's of other "No Idea" members on the ThaiVisa forum concocting the most outlandish theories on all the latest murders, kidnappings, accidents etc etc with absolutely no information other than rumour and gossip & badly written press stories.

Guilty as charged. I will, however, say in my defence that it's human nature to speculate. The mind doesn't like loose ends. It's also a bit of fun so long as people know that they're only speculating and don't draw too strong a conclusion from it. Too many people have gone too far when talking about those involved in this case IMHO. We don't have much concrete info and maybe never will. It's best to reserve judgement, especially on a public website. 

2 minutes ago, LandOfWiles said:

Guilty as charged. I will, however, say in my defence that it's human nature to speculate. The mind doesn't like loose ends. It's also a bit of fun so long as people know that they're only speculating and don't draw too strong a conclusion from it. Too many people have gone too far when talking about those involved in this case IMHO. We don't have much concrete info and maybe never will. It's best to reserve judgement, especially on a public website. 

Exactly:

But a few things we know. Not Tony had a debt to Toby; the other way around. Tony threathened Toby and his family (married and kids) and did a runner to Cambodia. Alone, not with wife and kids.

Toby was not caught by Cambodian autorities; he turned himself in after all the rumours. And he was flown to Thailand exactly as he wished. He has a very good female lawyer, is not so stupid not to have perfect alibi's so will be around the area soon. Whatever the widow of Tony may feel. She better dedicates her energy to her kids. Life insurance so to say. 

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

There are over 1000 posts on this topic on several threads scattered around TV. All  threads were started by TV and not by any member / poster. The topic has generated huge interest with numerous theories and opinions. Put yourself above all that if you choose but bear in mind that topics with lots of posters are essential for the business model of Thai Visa. More posters pleases the sponsors and advertisers. Without them there is no TV and the more mundane, less exciting, but essential forums would be lost along with the more popular forums.

Archived