Woman arrested in Ubon for selling a 14 year old into sex trade

rooster59

Woman arrested in Ubon for selling a 14 year old into sex trade

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A7xQy0thOiIj41uA5huXJyx1gYbM.jpg

Image: Thairath

Police in Ubon have arrested a 38 year old woman on a charge of selling a 14 year old girl into the sex trade.

The woman denied it saying the girl was willingly doing it on her own.

Naowarat Bangsri, 38, - known as Jae Noi - was arrested on a warrant in Saen Suk district after complaints from the mother of the 14 year old girl.

The mother told police that she became suspicious after her daughter started walking strangely and her complexion changed. When questioned her daughter admitted being taken to a resort in the area two times for sex.

The girl said that Naowarat took money from her to find customers.

Naowarat was arrested but denied the charges admitting that she knew the girl but saying that she sorted everything out by herself without her help.

Meanwhile police are expanding the enquiry to see if there are other people behind the case.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-11

13 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The mother told police that she became suspicious after her daughter started walking strangely and her complexion changed. When questioned her daughter admitted being taken to a resort in the area two times for sex.

Walking funny I can understand, change in her complexion is a new one on me,

Has her complexion changed to what? lighter or darker?....

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Walking funny I can understand, change in her complexion is a new one on me,

Has her complexion changed to what? lighter or darker?....

...she was walking 'strangely'...not 'funny'...probably from severe internal pain...i dare say her complexion would be pallid from pain, fright.

9 minutes ago, timendres said:

Every day, millions of extremely poor girls in Thailand manage to go through life without selling their bodies.

But then again hundreds of thousands do sell their bodies, presumably because it is the only way they can earn a reasonable amount, particularly if they are poorly educated.  Some do it secretly but many families know exactly what their daughters are doing  and cast a blind eye to it as long as the money keeps rolling in.

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

But then again hundreds of thousands do sell their bodies, presumably because it is the only way they can earn a reasonable amount, particularly if they are poorly educated.  Some do it secretly but many families know exactly what their daughters are doing  and cast a blind eye to it as long as the money keeps rolling in.

As a father, I'd do anything and everything to make sure my daughter didn't sell her body...I don't see this attitude among Thais...

15 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Or selling their body is the only way to buy expensive toys like an I-Phone 7 or a motorcycle?

Most of the girls (and boys) who are selling their body nowadays, does it because they want to buy expensive toys and their parents don't have the money for it.

Archived