Australian man, 49, jumps from eighteenth floor of Sathorn hotel

rooster59

Australian man, 49, jumps from eighteenth floor of Sathorn hotel

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A7xQ0aEdX8UqlfIZnNrWr8jp4KMM.jpg

Image: Thairath

Police said a 49 year old Australian man jumped to his death from the 18th floor of a hotel in Sathorn Tai Road, Bangkok yesterday morning.

Adrian John Finn was found on a second floor balcony area around 8am by a guest in a nearby room who alerted hotel staff. The guest said he had heard a thump of something falling in the early hours but didn't think anything of it at the time.

The dead man was clothed, without shoes and  wearing eye shades used for sleeping.

Police checked his room on the 18th floor and found no signs of a struggle or anything out of place. On a table was a note to the dead man's elder brother Steven Finn detailing what to do after his death.

The badly broken body was sent for an autopsy. Police are in contact with the Australian embassy and are contacting the elder brother to help with their enquiries.

The hotel which was not named is in Soi Sathorn 1.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rip mr finn
i would say they lady seems to be pointing out to explain something to the other policeman and not pointing for the sake of it as normal as for the jerk on the phone well he just might be a reporter doing his job even

10 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Agreed. Much easier to take a few sleeping pills, have a few drinks and go for a swim in the pool

Let's modify that by saying ....the jump is certain. Most throw up the oxycontin first few times.

It is a predetermined strategy for many. Calculated. What I mean by that, is an ill informed collation of negative ideas by a particular demographic. They slip through home country GP's. 

Sry finn. RIP.

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Another one who was chasing a dream only to loose all.

So sad when anyone takes their own life.

As you appear to know the reason for him taking this drastic action, maybe you could shed more light on the story, and share it with us ? 

4 hours ago, jerojero said:

Do they really have to be pointing? And who's the jerks with iPhones in the foreground snapping pics? No respect for the dead. Utterly pathetic.

You're assuming lots of things here. The person pointing likely belongs to the coroner's office, so too the guy with the phone probably recording the scene on video. Do you know what they're talking about? No. Are they just taking happy snaps to show their mates down the pub tonight? No. They're cops or whatever doing their jobs, you know? The very thing many posters to this site often criticize them for not doing. No respect for the dead? You should see what happens to the body when they do an autopsy.  RIP Mr Finn.

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

As you appear to know the reason for him taking this drastic action, maybe you could shed more light on the story, and share it with us ? 

It's a bad thing for the family, huh?  On the other hand, the guy exercised his ultimate right choosing his time and place.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Another one who was chasing a dream only to loose all.  Its sad that so many jump here.

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

The dead man was clothed, without shoes and  wearing eye shades used for sleeping.

Maybe Thechook was referring to this part of the article. Presuming that maybe he was sleep walking and this was maybe the reason he fell.

18 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Maybe Thechook was referring to this part of the article. Presuming that maybe he was sleep walking and this was maybe the reason he fell.

Since when do sleepwalkers leave suicide notes. 

If he was that well-prepared for his  sleepwalking episodes he would have booked a ground floor room. 

He let a note, he killed himself. The rest is just fashion commentary. 

15 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

Since when do sleepwalkers leave suicide notes. 

If he was that well-prepared for his  sleepwalking episodes he would have booked a ground floor room. 

He let a note, he killed himself. The rest is just fashion commentary. 

He left a note.

Up 2 him. I say he sleep walking U say he let a note. What u want from me? U no like? Up 2 me.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

You modified my post

I did not modify anything, I copied and pasted your quotation, which seems you know the reason why he committed suicide.

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Another one who was chasing a dream only to loose all.

Maybe it had nothing to do with any so called dream, and was more to do with mental health issues ?

43 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

He left a note.

Up 2 him. I say he sleep walking U say he let a note. What u want from me? U no like? Up 2 me.

By wearing the eye shades he could not see what was coming on the journey down, and would have been in a different state of consciousness to those survivors who have spoken of mid-fall terror.

Try and imagine what that blind sensation might have felt like.

After the initial acceleration he might not have even felt that he was moving (spatial disorientation), just the wind.

6 hours ago, jerojero said:

Do they really have to be pointing? And who's the jerks with iPhones in the foreground snapping pics? No respect for the dead. Utterly pathetic.

Sometimes I just can't make up my mind as to whether they are primitive, or just retarded...

Archived