Seasoning of funds for Retirement renewal

The written rules do not mention that the money has to be in the bank for any amount of time when you using the combination option. But many offices want it to be in the bank for 3 months on the date of application.

You would have to contact your local immigration office to find out what their policy is. Some may not require it if the income is much higher than the money in the bank as would be the case if person was using a small amount in the bank due to exchange rate fluctuations.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The written rules do not mention that the money has to be in the bank for any amount of time when you using the combination option. But many offices want it to be in the bank for 3 months on the date of application.

You would have to contact your local immigration office to find out what their policy is. Some may not require it if the income is much higher than the money in the bank as would be the case if person was using a small amount in the bank due to exchange fluctuations.

I would be applying at CW BKK.

Many years ago I went to CW with proof of income in excess of 800,000 thb and was advised that I must show money in bank for renewal, I was given compassion and extension was  granted

Edited by norbra
extra details

3 minutes ago, norbra said:

I would be applying at CW BKK

There have been reports of them wanting it to be seasoned.

You could try and do it if your income is higher than the money in the bank. They can flexible in some cases.

Yet another case where the rules do not state something is needed but where some officers make their own rules up, will they ever abide by the actual laws of the land? I'd like to see a written rule that says 5 pp copies are needed just to do a 90 day report.

Edited by thai3

6 hours ago, thai3 said:

Yet another case where the rules do not state something is needed but where some officers make their own rules up, will they ever abide by the actual laws of the land?

The rules/orders the offices work to do state it. They receive written orders all the time which are not always published. They do not update the published police orders with every change or addition. 

They are not laws and offices have a certain amount of autonomy in what they can ask for above the minimum standards. Officers don't.

Annoying but that's how it is. Easily sorted by asking the office you apply at for their requirements before applying.