BANGKOK 21 April 2019 18:05

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweatalot

Airport transfer to Patong Hotel

We are planning a trip to Patong next month. Booked a hotel already. The hotel told us we can book a private van for 4 persons to pick us up at the airport. They want 1200 Baht one way.

Is this a fair and normal price in Phuket?

Any recommendations for a better price?

Thanx in advance

Check the websites of SRC travel and Phuket Shuttle. Both will be cheaper and I can recommend them from own experience.

sent using Tapatalk

Just been there 4 weeks ago. We (wife and I ) booked the car from the hotel we were staying at (the Expat hotel ) and was B700 from the airport to the Expat hotel.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Just been there 4 weeks ago. We (wife and I ) booked the car from the hotel we were staying at (the Expat hotel ) and was B700 from the airport to the Expat hotel.

we will stay at paripas Resort, Patong, the hotel offered a booking for 1200 Baht

7 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

we will stay at paripas Resort, Patong, the hotel offered a booking for 1200 Baht

You haven't even got to Phuket and already your negative transport experience has started.

Unfortunately, it only gets worse.  

You haven't even got to Phuket and already your negative transport experience has started.

Unfortunately, it only gets worse.  

We hadn't been there for years and had a great time. Stayed just at the end of Walking street, nice hotel with room around the pool. Beach and water looked pretty clean Good Good, all good. But there again we like Bangkok and everywhere we go, even Bangkok China Town during Chinese New Year.

Haven't been in a few years but what happened to walking outside to the Taxi stand and getting one from there. 4 people in a taxi i'd say will cost max 800 Baht.

10 hours ago, irishken said:

Haven't been in a few years but what happened to walking outside to the Taxi stand and getting one from there. 4 people in a taxi i'd say will cost max 800 Baht.

That's my point.  He's not even here yet and they have already tried to rip him off 400 to 500 baht.

Wait until he wants to travel anywhere on the island during his holiday, using the airport to Patong 700 to 800 baht airport taxi as a price guide.    

Post *3 said it cost them 700 baht from airport to Patong which is very reasonable for a ride that usually takes more than a hour

Poor People can always catch the airport bus or a shared mini bus and save money, both available at the airport the majority of the time

6 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Post *3 said it cost them 700 baht from airport to Patong which is very reasonable for a ride that usually takes more than a hour

Poor People can always catch the airport bus or a shared mini bus and save money, both available at the airport the majority of the time

As per Post 3, are you suggesting the OP ring The Expat Hotel and book their car and driver to take them to the Paripas Resort?  :cheesy:

Can't you see the Paripas Resort is overcharging?  Hence, the transport rip off has already started, and the OP isn't ever here yet.

Sure, the airport taxis are 700 to 800 baht, and the journey takes more than an hour, so what's the OP going to think when he gets quoted 400 to 500 baht for a bench seat, in a non-air conditioned vehicle, to go on a 10 minute journey????  

As per Post 3, are you suggesting the OP ring The Expat Hotel and book their car and driver to take them to the Paripas Resort?  :cheesy:

Can't you see the Paripas Resort is overcharging?  Hence, the transport rip off has already started, and the OP isn't ever here yet.

Sure, the airport taxis are 700 to 800 baht, and the journey takes more than an hour, so what's the OP going to think when he gets quoted 400 to 500 baht for a bench seat, in a non-air conditioned vehicle, to go on a 10 minute journey????  

We caught one of those colourful disco Tuk runs and was B 200 to go to the seafood restaurant opposite the fire station. Good meal. They said the price was B200 for all the Tuk runs in that area. Took a while to get to the restaurant, because of the traffic and one way, but to walk back wasn't far. You wouldn't know if you were a first time visitor and you could easy pay B500 for a trip the first Day, but you'de wish up after that.

15 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

What are you on about now

Just walk out of the airport terminal and the touts will quote you 1000 baht to just about anywhere in phuket

Start to walk away from them towards the meter taxis and they instantly drop their price

700 baht to Rawai for instance which i consider very reasonable

You don't have to ask any resort or hotel for a quote as you should know since you claim to travel away from phuket so often

You are they only person on this forum constantly complaining about the cost of transport here  like a broken record

Stop sober and ride the motorbike you claim to own when you go out and you wont have a transport problem

24 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

What are you on about now

Just walk out of the airport terminal and the touts will quote you 1000 baht to just about anywhere in phuket

Start to walk away from them towards the meter taxis and they instantly drop their price

700 baht to Rawai for instance which i consider very reasonable

You don't have to ask any resort or hotel for a quote as you should know since you claim to travel away from phuket so often

You are they only person on this forum constantly complaining about the cost of transport here  like a broken record

Stop sober and ride the motorbike you claim to own when you go out and you wont have a transport problem

Can you read, and comprehend????  Who said anything about asking a hotel for a quote????  It's usually on their website anyway. 

You are the one who referred to "Post 3."  That member used The Expat Hotel transfer.  The Paripas Resort wants 500 baht more for the same journey, that's nearly double. 

I said the OP can get from the airport to his hotel for 700 to 800 baht. but should not use the price of that journey as a guide to getting around once here because it will be 400 baht for a 10 min journey in a tuk-tuk, where he paid 700 or 800 baht for a journey that was over an hour, thus, the transport extortion here. 

I don't ride whilst intoxicated. If I'm heading out to Bangla Road I usually have a friend drop me down, and a bar owner friend usually drops me home.  It's my work around, so it's fine for me. 

Tourists do not have this luxury, and it's starting to show in the rapid decline of western tourist coming here.  The lack of freedom of movement for tourists, without being extorted, is costing the tourism industry here.

Phuket is  infamous for it's transport mafia.  Just look how many threads there are about it. 

9 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

Can you read, and comprehend????  Who said anything about asking a hotel for a quote????  It's usually on their website anyway. 

You are the one who referred to "Post 3."  That member used The Expat Hotel transfer.  The Paripas Resort wants 500 baht more for the same journey, that's nearly double. 

I said the OP can get from the airport to his hotel for 700 to 800 baht. but should not use the price of that journey as a guide to getting around once here because it will be 400 baht for a 10 min journey in a tuk-tuk, where he paid 700 or 800 baht for a journey that was over an hour, thus, the transport extortion here. 

I don't ride whilst intoxicated. If I'm heading out to Bangla Road I usually have a friend drop me down, and a bar owner friend usually drops me home.  It's my work around, so it's fine for me. 

Tourists do not have this luxury, and it's starting to show in the rapid decline of western tourist coming here.  The lack of freedom of movement for tourists, without being extorted, is costing the tourism industry here.

Phuket is  infamous for it's transport mafia.  Just look how many threads there are about it. 

Tourists are not complaining ,you are constantly like a stuck record

Its the exchange rates that is one of the reasons and the amount of reasonably priced holidays world wide at present the other reason, nothing to do with the cost of transport in Patong, thats a minor expense for most tourists 

5 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Tourists are not complaining ,you are constantly like a stuck record

"Tourists are not complaining" - that's because the majority of tourists to Phuket are now package holiday Chinese, with their coach buses. 

"you are constantly like a stuck record" - that's because people are dying on the roads here at an unacceptable rate. It's a disgrace. 

The transport mafia have played a big part in changing the demographics of the tourism industry here, and the local economy is now contracting due to the rapid decline of the lucrative western tourist market.