Recent Insurance Quote?

joeyg

I've always thought I'll just self insure, no problem.  However as I've been in and around the "Health Care System" a bit I see things can get expensive fast.  I've replaced the company name with $$$$$$$.  Didn't know if you can post it here.  Any thoughts or comparisons on this policy appreciated.

Haven't done a review search yet.  That's next.  Thoughts...

As you know I’m your client relations manager here at $$$$$$$$$$$, I want to help you all get the best cover for the best value and save you money at the same time.

I have also attached the $$$$$$$$$$ Brochure for you.

I believe you were looking at the Major Medical plan;

• The Major Medical plan for yourself comes to $1,007(USD)
  • This plan has the Best Buy Rating, Hospital Cover and you can choose any medical facility in your country or globally (excluding the US)
  • No excess (no hidden deductibles) with a $1,000,000 maximum coverage (Per person per year)
  • Oncology Cover ($20,000 Cover per person per year)
  • Global security benefits cover, full cover on Psychology Benefits and full cover on International Assistance Benefits.
  • You also have a life cover/death benefit added to the policy of $10,000 Cover per person per year.
  • Immediate cover within seconds with no waiting periods and your premium will not increase more than 10%, increase is normally between 0 and 5%
  • Evacuation and Repatriation is an additional package which is $250 per person per year so the premium would be $1,257(USD).

You can pay annually by card or you can pay annually by bank transfer, all I would need is your date of birth and address in Thailand. (Regency would then contact you and send you an invoice which you then can forward to your bank to make payment)

Or by card;

Monthly = $114USD) over 12 monthly payments (this is price after 10% Surcharge) (includes Evacuation and Repatriation)

Quarterly = $335(USD) over 4 quarterly payments (this is price after 7% Surcharge) (includes Evacuation and Repatriation)

Bi-annually = $659(USD) over 2 bi-annual payments (this is price after 5% surcharge) (includes Evacuation and Repatriation)

With regards to Inpatient Cover $$$$$$ Assurance will settle claims directly with your chosen medical provider so you will not have to pay a penny!

You can pay in installments, either bi-annually with a 5% surcharge, quarterly with a 7% surcharge or monthly with a 10% surcharge.

9 hours ago, slapout said:

Are there age restrictions, existing condition excluded from coverage,  physical exam required, etc? was price quoted for a specific age group?

I told him I'll be 65 in September.  Prexisting if surgery was done.  What I understand right now.

24 minutes ago, joeyg said:

Have any other s you'd care to compare...

To be honest, I went through a broker, told him of my pre-existings and he said he would try two that he knew, then he palmed it off to one of his girls, who said I was approved, so I sent him an email asking him to clarify, and he said yes, so I paid, when I got the policy, no mention of pre-existing covers, so I queried him, ah, oh, ah, oh, it appears your not covered for pre-existing, got my money back a month later.

Sorry for the long story, but threw me off getting cover, I figure that as I am still young, I might not have any issues for a while, so I calculate the annual cover by 5, 10 years and if any issues, I should be able to fund it without a problem, well that's it for now, see what the future holds, good luck. 

1 hour ago, meatboy said:

posts 2 and 6 quote REPLIED in bht. and this is a THAI FORUM?

Yeah not seeing your point.

OP was quoted in USD so posted in USD. location of forum means naff all or are you implying TV is only for people in Thailand ?

My insurance is from a hong kong based company and suprise suprise they dont qoute in baht either !!

Archived