BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eldragon

Does it matter if your girl was a hooker?

Does it matter if your gf or wife has had sex for money? Could you ever trust a girl like that and feel comfortable with her? And does it matter if you've paid for sex at any time in your life? Isn't the risk kinda the same for any girl that dates or marries you? That being that you might just do it again at the spur of the moment or on a whim. Presumably, if you continue to finance a girl like that and give her everything she needs, she wouldn't run out and sleep with someone for a couple grand. And you in fact are more likely to "cheat" on her. 

I don't think I could get serious with a girl like that. I mean, if it was just a couple times, I guess. And the bizarre argument can be made that any woman who can't take care of herself is a hooker on some level. But I'd never trust a former professional. I just have it in my head that women like that are always looking for the best opportunity. It also seems like those girls never totally buy into a committed relationship. It's like they know a decent guy would never trust them 100% and is a flight risk at all times.

As for me, I've paid for sex a few times, but I can't say I ever enjoyed it all that much. And if I was content in a serious relationship I definitely wouldn't do it. But it still feels a little hypocritical to say I'm more trustworthy than a hooker.

I find that 80 percent of the working girls you call "hookers" are rural and uneducated with two kids (living with ma and pa) to support. I do not find them morally defective in any way.  I think they would say that they will do whatever is necessary to care for their families. I would trust women in this category.

There may be 20 percent (that percentage I suspect is a bit high), who are turned on by the lifestyle, the money, the dangers involved, etc.) I would avoid getting involved with one of this group.

I find that 80 percent of the working girls you call "hookers" are rural and uneducated with two kids (living with ma and pa) to support. I do not find them morally defective in any way.  I think they would say that they will do whatever is necessary to care for their families. I would trust women in this category.

There may be 20 percent (that percentage I suspect is a bit high), who are turned on by the lifestyle, the money, the dangers involved, etc.) I would avoid getting involved with one of this group.

I like this response a lot and want to agree with it, but why does it seem like 80% of the sex workers I meet seem to have several men sending em money whilst still working in the industry?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, eldragon said:

And the bizarre argument can be made that any woman who can't take care of herself is a hooker on some level. 

And in many ways it is a pretty strong argument. And look how many guys want to pay good money for an Online girl to sleep with them because they convince themself she is not a hooker !  How weird is that ?

I think the only real differential is that some work in a bar, others don't. Or that some demand money and others don't but are either offered money or still expect payment in money or kind.

3 hours ago, eldragon said:

Does it matter if your gf or wife has had sex for money? Could you ever trust a girl like that and feel comfortable with her? 

No and yes and trust is an overated emotion.

Does it matter to me? Yes.

It may not matter to others. I mean, there's a whole host of reasons. There's really no point getting into a deeper discussion about 'can a working girl be honest' etc, of course they can but there are so many other women out there why would I want to take a girl from a bar

does not matter the origins of the hookup

what does matter that there has been honesty with you about what she does (or did)

Of course, without honesty, you may never find out if she (will either - start doing it, or re-start what was in the previous life...)

Does it matter to me? Yes.

It may not matter to others. I mean, there's a whole host of reasons. There's really no point getting into a deeper discussion about 'can a working girl be honest' etc, of course they can but there are so many other women out there why would I want to take a girl from a bar

Good point. But some of us find the "good Thai girl" a bit boring. They tend to come across as censored in the way they express themselves. Bargirls on the other hand can have a more attractive attitude and seem easier to connect with bc they don't care as much what their peers think about them and they're not afraid to speak their mind.

100% yes it does matter.

I would never, ever invest , emotional or financial, capital in a 'tute.

I accept that there are varying degrees of selling one's body.

A streetwalker is far removed from the temporarily hard-up office girl who sees a way to make a quick buck out of guy she fancies but once a woman commercializes her pussy, she can get used to it real quick.

Last thing you'd want to do is run into her previous customers.

I have had friends that married hookers who turned out to be no good and others that had the fabled heart of gold and made her man's life much better. It really is an individual thing.

Everyone will tell you not to get involved then you find out theres was a hooker.. Oh but mine is different.

Who cares if you are having fun... But would you if I come over and get that 1000b you owe me off your misses while you are at work?

It only matters to you, if it matters to you.

It definitely matters to me.  During my dating time I had personal expectations of the women I dated. STDs, the respect she had for herself, etc etc. I would also think it would be hard to trust her being if she was a very active prostitute she would likely always have "clients" and would do anything for money being she sold her self. 

I get that it works for some but I think we all have personal expectations and thresholds.   

It definitely matters to me.  During my dating time I had personal expectations of the women I dated. STDs, the respect she had for herself, etc etc. I would also think it would be hard to trust her being if she was a very active prostitute she would likely always have "clients" and would do anything for money being she sold her self. 

I get that it works for some but I think we all have personal expectations and thresholds.   

Sorry, I meant to imply the girl was not currently a prostitute. But I think you post still applies.

Just now, eldragon said:

Sorry, I meant to imply the girl was not currently a prostitute. But I think you post still applies.

No problem. To me whether was or current. If I started dating a gal and she came clean and told me that she was prostitute for some period of time I'd walk.  Again just my personal expectations.  I am big on how people respect themselves. In life people can't take your integrity or dignity, you have to give it away.