8 Die in Chiang Rai City crash

snoop1130

8 Die in Chiang Rai City crash

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

S__10232058-696x393.jpg

A cement truck lies on its side at the scene of an accident Wednesday that killed eight people in Chiang Rai city.

CHIANG RAI — Eight people were killed and three injured in a major crash after a cement truck reportedly lost control Wednesday afternoon in Chiang Rai city.

Five women and three men died in the accident involving a cement truck, truck and car. Three others were injured.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/02/15/8-die-chiang-rai-city-crash/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-2-15

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nine killed in Chiang Rai in collision between cement-mixer truck and van
By THE NATION

b385656a66052539d9e6523ed037e493-sld.jpe

CHIANG RAI: -- NINE people were killed in Chiang Rai province yesterday when a cement-mixer truck crashed over a traffic island and collided with an oncoming van.

The fatal accident took place in Chiang Rai’s Muang district.

The truck driver Kwangmuang Jamit, 55, and eight people in the van were killed, while four other people were injured.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30306439

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-16

Last night my wife showed me pics & a dashcam view of this. The redimix truck lost control (maybe woke up & over-corrected). Ended up jumping the median right into oncoming traffic. The carnage was unbelievable! These cars & pickups we're in don't offer much more protection than a beer can, especially when commercial trucks are involved. 

Very sad!

Pathetic road laws barely enforced by a pathetic police force combined with the little prince complex that so many thai men have making it impossible for them to see their limitations when driving. Oh and disregard for the safety of others and ignorance when it comes to risk.   Hardly a day goes by when im driving in Thailand that i dont feel like smashing someone in the face  because they've come close orphaning my son through bad driving.  

13 hours ago, Mackstask said:

And the carnage continues.

Life is so cheap in Thailand and nobody cares. Most trucks have below legal depth of tyre tread. Most trucks speed above legal limit with no police to stop them. On phuket they are more interested in stopping tourist for no helmit or licence

1 minute ago, Maejo Man said:

All the dead excluding the truck driver were in a mini bus, which is not shown here, just the Jazz with minimal damage.

2216800.jpg

OK so the Jazz was just collateral damage.

The picture on the original post, as part of the report, failed to clarify this.

43 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

These cement truck drivers are complete tossers, they don't give a sh-- 

An more than likely high on drugs or alcohol.

What a stupid statement , if you have no idea about that  accident .

Most drivers in thailand have no idea and that includes  foreigners .

25 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

What a stupid statement , if you have no idea about that  accident .

Most drivers in thailand have no idea and that includes  foreigners .

An wot a stupid reply, read the article Slowly then u might understand. Obviously u havnt lived here long enough to realise the standard of thai driving. Especially with Trucks & Minibuses.

Check the world statistics on accidents in Thailand it might give u a clue.

1 hour ago, simonuk said:

Pathetic road laws barely enforced by a pathetic police force combined with the little prince complex that so many thai men have making it impossible for them to see their limitations when driving. Oh and disregard for the safety of others and ignorance when it comes to risk.   Hardly a day goes by when im driving in Thailand that i dont feel like smashing someone in the face  because they've come close orphaning my son through bad driving.  

Agreed, it's really frustrating, they should fire the entire traffic police and charge the chief of traffic police with incompetence leading to loss of life and give him the death penalty.

Archived