8 Die in Chiang Rai City crash

snoop1130

1 hour ago, maoro2013 said:

That was a lot of passengers for that little car.

I was just thinking the same, 8 killed plus 4 injured... that makes 12 passengers in the van??

I'm only guessing but if the van has 3 rows of seats it should be a maximum of 8 passengers??

Presuming the truck driver was alone.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Just another meaningless slaugther. Start to think that the only solution is one way roads, but they will just find a way to create mayhem there too.

Yes, they dont know how to use lanes.. 

1 hour ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

An wot a stupid reply, read the article Slowly then u might understand. Obviously u havnt lived here long enough to realise the standard of thai driving. Especially with Trucks & Minibuses.

Check the world statistics on accidents in Thailand it might give u a clue.

You have no idea about me ok 

i know about thai driving ok and have seen how bad some of the western driver as well .

Untill  a full  investigation is done we have now idea who is to blame .

so my statement is not stupid , you reply is stupid.

1 hour ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

An wot a stupid reply, read the article Slowly then u might understand. Obviously u havnt lived here long enough to realise the standard of thai driving. Especially with Trucks & Minibuses.

Check the world statistics on accidents in Thailand it might give u a clue.

You are  judge and  jury are you wait to see who is at  fault .

yes I have seen how bad the place is when it comes to the driving I am a  professional truck driver what are you a car driver, so don't try and tell me about how bad thai roads are ok .

i have seen how bad some of the western drive as well shit , because they think they can get away with driving bad in thailand .

I have read all the Statistics about how bad thai roads are ok .

13 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You have no idea about me ok 

i know about thai driving ok and have seen how bad some of the western driver as well .

Untill  a full  investigation is done we have now idea who is to blame .

so my statement is not stupid , you reply is stupid.

No u don't know about Thai driving as ur still making pathetic comments.

Ru even in Thailand?

We bought the tiles for our house from that shop in the pic , a straight bit of road , duel carriage way too. A median strip which must save many cars from crossing over but no roads are safe here , just keep your wits out there and remember most drivers have no licence and no idea.

A Cement Truck, Truck and Car on Thailand's roads, what could possibly go wrong ....?

R I P to the victims

Just another day on dangerous roads with total disregard for safety;

highway rules and enforcement, unlicensed Drivers/Riders, untaxed/Insured vehicles and some of the worst driving standards in the world coupled with a selfish neanderthal mentality, welcome to LOS

2 hours ago, wvavin said:

The most important part of this news is that the cement truck driver is killed. Thank God for taking down one more road menace. 

Go to the article he was trying to avoid a motorcycle per witness,  and really you are happy someone lost his life.

3 hours ago, georgemandm said:

What a stupid statement , if you have no idea about that  accident .

Most drivers in thailand have no idea and that includes  foreigners .

Ridiculous statement. When did you last see a foreigner cause a bad accident here? Locals are involved in fatal accidents regularly through falling asleep, overtaking on blind bends, drink, drugs, lack of common sense etc etc etc. Hence #2 in the world for road fatalities.

4 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Ridiculous statement. When did you last see a foreigner cause a bad accident here? Locals are involved in fatal accidents regularly through falling asleep, overtaking on blind bends, drink, drugs, lack of common sense etc etc etc. Hence #2 in the world for road fatalities.

I see tourists on motorbikes having no clue how to drive all around chiang mai,,, chineese and westerners ... when i see their rental helmets i always slow down even further than usual :D

*that being said* the worst drivers that scares me on a weekly basis is the minivan and truck drivers that seem to have no regard for others and think they have the right of way no matter what.

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

We bought the tiles for our house from that shop in the pic , a straight bit of road , duel carriage way too. A median strip which must save many cars from crossing over but no roads are safe here , just keep your wits out there and remember most drivers have no licence and no idea.

Rubbish,most drivers do have licences.You never been in a licence check road block and see nearly all cars past through.

I'm getting devious ideas ... What would happen if i set up a camera on an pedestrian crossing and pushed out a baby stroller into the traffic,,, would i get into trouble when they hit the stroller?

I wish some locals would start doing this and post the results on facebook etc.. time to start raising more awareness of how horribly illegal everybody is driving here .... 

Archived