BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

8 Die in Chiang Rai City crash

A Cement Truck, Truck and Car on Thailand's roads, what could possibly go wrong ....?

R I P to the victims

Just another day on dangerous roads with total disregard for safety;

highway rules and enforcement, unlicensed Drivers/Riders, untaxed/Insured vehicles and some of the worst driving standards in the world coupled with a selfish neanderthal mentality, welcome to LOS

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Such a shame. The people are really lovely in Chiang Rai.

My g/f's home town. Wow that van was really pancaked. I guess we are in for another crackdown of some sort part 2. Stand fast for the blame game. 

Getting paid by the load forces these Cement trucks (and others) to drive so dangerously. Should see them drive in Phuket and Samui Islands, they are freakin maniacs. 

2 hours ago, Deez said:

Classifieds

Cement truck driver needed

No experience necessary 

Must work long hours for little pay no benefits. 

3 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Must work long hours for little pay no benefits. 

That is  disrespectful to the dead people 

you makeing a joke out of it .

Just now, georgemandm said:

That is  disrespectful to the dead people 

you makeing a joke out of it .

Recalibrate your disrespectful meter I think your in the red zone. This was not my intent and I am sure your aware of that. 

2 hours ago, wvavin said:

The most important part of this news is that the cement truck driver is killed. Thank God for taking down one more road menace. 

Go to the article he was trying to avoid a motorcycle per witness,  and really you are happy someone lost his life.

47 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Recalibrate your disrespectful meter I think your in the red zone. This was not my intent and I am sure your aware of that. 

Are you why say it 

15 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Go find a ax to grind somewhere else.

Not grind a ax just have my say about hookers in thailand and it is all true 

why do blokes like you get so up set when the thai  prostitute , hooker subject comes up ? . 

3 hours ago, CGW said:

I will volunteer to console the lady in the red dress..

Childish comment in time of grief.

3 hours ago, georgemandm said:

What a stupid statement , if you have no idea about that  accident .

Most drivers in thailand have no idea and that includes  foreigners .

Ridiculous statement. When did you last see a foreigner cause a bad accident here? Locals are involved in fatal accidents regularly through falling asleep, overtaking on blind bends, drink, drugs, lack of common sense etc etc etc. Hence #2 in the world for road fatalities.

4 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Ridiculous statement. When did you last see a foreigner cause a bad accident here? Locals are involved in fatal accidents regularly through falling asleep, overtaking on blind bends, drink, drugs, lack of common sense etc etc etc. Hence #2 in the world for road fatalities.

I see tourists on motorbikes having no clue how to drive all around chiang mai,,, chineese and westerners ... when i see their rental helmets i always slow down even further than usual :D

*that being said* the worst drivers that scares me on a weekly basis is the minivan and truck drivers that seem to have no regard for others and think they have the right of way no matter what.

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

We bought the tiles for our house from that shop in the pic , a straight bit of road , duel carriage way too. A median strip which must save many cars from crossing over but no roads are safe here , just keep your wits out there and remember most drivers have no licence and no idea.

Rubbish,most drivers do have licences.You never been in a licence check road block and see nearly all cars past through.

I'm getting devious ideas ... What would happen if i set up a camera on an pedestrian crossing and pushed out a baby stroller into the traffic,,, would i get into trouble when they hit the stroller?

I wish some locals would start doing this and post the results on facebook etc.. time to start raising more awareness of how horribly illegal everybody is driving here ....